Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hol20x

VIP Member
why didnt they do a one off concert when sarah was still alive?
Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola didn’t speak to Nadine and Sarah for years. They only all came together again after Sarah’s diagnosis and then she was too ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

Clarity456

VIP Member
I was the biggest fan back in the day but this comeback I feel will not be the same as it's plain as the nose on Ur face what's it about and it's a cash in on Sarahs passing
I do see where you’re coming from but for people like me who’ve been a fan throughout both of the 2 hiatuses I personally can’t wait to hear the new music, I’ve never found any band or artist fill the niche they left 🙏🏻 Like, little mix were good but their music was very chart oriented r&b, GA were obviously a lot quirkier.

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Girls Aloud had Xenomania killing it for them with production but they also all felt like the type of girlies you'd meet in the smoking area of a club with and have a chat. They all felt so real and never really held back in interviews etc. While also being beautiful but you didn't hate them for it lol. They really did have such star power as a unit of five. It was such a magic combo ❤

I remember voting for Javine in the final and was gutted when she didn't get in but now I don't think it would have worked with her instead of Sarah!

• Heart

JakeM

VIP Member
Music back then was absolutely brilliant. Makes me feel sorry for children/teenagers these days with all the rubbish that’s in the charts now.

• Heart

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Found this in another thread. It never gets old 😭

That is still one of my favourite reality talent show moments ever

“My name is Nadine Coyle. Date Of Birth: 15/06/85 making me a Gemini……(face drops when she realises she forgot to say 83). What date of birth did I give?” It’s the realisation that she dropped herself in it and the ‘can’t find her passport fakeout’. If she genuinely was on the phone to her mum I can only imagine what she was saying to her. And her brazenness to keep the lie going despite being asked repeatedly whether she is 18. I have to give her credit for determination

She even nearly talks herself into saying she’s even younger by thinking she said 87.

Thank god she never got into the band Six anyway as she wouldn’t have auditioned for GA

• Haha
  • Heart

redstraw16

VIP Member
Not sure why Cheryl’s dressed in my nan’s old curtains but all four were at Simon Jones’ wedding today!

IMG_8071.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
What a treat to have the Tangled Up tour showing in BBC2! Girls Aloud are trending on Twitter too.

Because they’re not active as a band it’s easy to forget that Sarah is no longer with us 😢 It really brings it home when you see them at their peak like this. So sad.

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I still find it hard to come to terms with Sarah being gone. I find the Popstars the Rivals stuff in particular a hard watch now, seeing her so young and happy.
I know we should be thankful that we had Sarah even for a short time, and that she was loved and gave love to others. It's still hard to accept that she's gone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Haileyhalstead

I’ve just realised how much will change, thinking about biology and how iconic the choreography is, it’s set up for 5 💔 I can imagine rehearsals will be so tough for them

• Sad
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I was in Lidl today, it’s Greek Week there, and you guys are the only people who will understand why I was trying not to laugh.

• Haha

Clarity456

VIP Member
100% Cheryl first album was really boring and try hard to be artistic and cool. I have listened to it recently, songs very samey. I always like it when they shifted to a new look for each single, I had nadines the show hair for prom with the blonde patch, loved it!
The GA stuff always had a fun element with it despite being a bit mad and quirky sometimes but I don't think Cheryl quite grasped that's what made them cool and unique, Cheryl's solo stuff was dullllll AF she just wanted to do basic r&b ballads with the band and if they had done that they'd have never been as big as they got!

• Heart

wiganuser

VIP Member
Why the fuck are they dressed like victoriana school teachers 😒😒😒

Until I see an amount raised for cancer research it doesn't sit right with me and it's a quick cash grab. I still can't fucking stand tweedy, her smug talentless face still makes me want to lob lollipops at her face. She despised Sarah and was always giving the mean girls vibe until day dot. They won't get a single penny out of me thanks. S club have rinsed people off with their basic arse tour

• Haha
  • Angry

KJ-2022

VIP Member
Someone on YouTube has remastered a lot of Girls Aloud videos 😍

There are more on his page.

• Heart

hol20x

VIP Member
There's been so many missed opportunities around this milestone. They could have made a documentary looking back on their careers and talking about Sarah. They could have done something for Stand Up To Cancer. They could have released all the albums on vinyl rather than just the SOTU single. Obviously they were never going to tour without Sarah but they could have done so much more to mark this anniversary in her name and for the fans.