Ghosts - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about this a lot since I watched it: even before the baby, Mike & Alison were struggling to do justice to the house and restore it or make it a viable business.

By selling Button House to the hoteliers, they ensured that it was fully renovated and preserved, and it had a future, whereas if they’d stayed it would have fallen into greater disrepair and they’d eventually have had to move out anyway.

So the ghosts, Mike & Alison & baby, and the house all got to move onto a happy future.
And it did look beautiful at the end, with all the portraits done and the floor/woodwork restored

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I listened to the podcast today & as someone said earlier, it's well worth a listen. They mentioned things I hadn't even noticed

Reactions: 6
I've started another rewatch and there's such a difference in how they portray Fanny in series 1 to later series - slightly different wig, less exaggerated mannerisms and facial expressions, different way of walking and looks younger. This isn't a criticism btw, but I guess they wanted to make her character a bit more exaggerated and older as the series went on

Reactions: 7
It was a functional ending, if that makes sense. It just rounded off the series.

The most I have ever cried was the Christmas Special with Pat. OMG, that had me bawling.
For some reason I missed that episode first time it was on. I watched it the other day and you can feel how much Pat misses his family.
---
It’s a shame Katy Wix couldn’t stay until the end. It was only 7 more episodes and she’d have been really funny with the baby.
I agree. I wish she had stayed until the end. You could see she wasn’t in the scenes with the other ghosts as frequently and she stopped being a plague ghost.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It's coming up for the anniversary of losing my mother in law and I needed a cry so I put "Gone, Gone" on and I'm now a complete wreck. It's so well written and sums up the human experience so well...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve been thinking about this a lot since I watched it: even before the baby, Mike & Alison were struggling to do justice to the house and restore it or make it a viable business.

By selling Button House to the hoteliers, they ensured that it was fully renovated and preserved, and it had a future, whereas if they’d stayed it would have fallen into greater disrepair and they’d eventually have had to move out anyway.

So the ghosts, Mike & Alison & baby, and the house all got to move onto a happy future.
And think of how much entertainment the ghosts will have now! They'll never be bored! TVs to watch, a golf course, all the people watching (and judging!) they can do. They'll be in their element! And Alison will have a much healthier relationship with the ghosts now she's not responsible for them and can just visit them like an extended family.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just found and binged the whole 5 series over the last few days. The only thing I want now is for Robin to take me on a champagne date on The Strand and to touch my bum.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Up to series 4 on my rewatch, and Mary telling Pat about her typical day with her husband after he's tried to explain to her what a holiday is 😢😢😢
It's such a skill to write something that can be so moving without being mawkish

On a lighter note, it's great rediscovering funny bits I'd forgotten about, like Pat saying 'it's knickers' when trying to say 'Snickers' which made me lol

Reactions: 10
I have been listening to the podcast and watching the episodes at the same time, I love hearing about the process of writing the episodes.

Reactions: 5
I've gone on a bit of a six idiots bender after Ghosts finished.

Love Horrible Histories, it's good that there's decent quality kids tv now. Can't get the songs out of my head "I'm a fire stopper!"

Didn't rate Bill, got bored.

Need to watch Yonderland next but I got rid of Prime. Might watch it at my boyfriend's house.

I might rewatch Ghosts from the beginning and listen to the podcast as well.

Reactions: 6
Just gonna leave these here. I may have a Ghosts album in my phone photos, and I will not apologise for it 😇
Larry-HS-3.jpg
IMG_3908.jpg
bayntonmatnew2016pic2.jpg
FB_IMG_1708537230454.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9