Get Binky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he been diagnose with adult ADHD and austim
The fact it’s known suggests he’s already advertising it, which is just odd. I know a few people with autism, but they don’t wear their diagnosis like a badge of honour like I think Del will. The reality is, particularly for autism, if he’s taken this long in life to find out he’s fairly functioning so it’s not massively an issue.

Considering autism is mostly picked up now at younger ages with the extra help schools have, I would imagine there a lot of us who would probably appear on the spectrum if we wound back the clock, but we’ve just gotten on with it.

Asbergers is usually the one given to adults who’ve lived a fairly normal life but then get a diagnosis.

If that’s the case with del, all I know is we can expect a big song and dance about it.

Reactions: 3
And it’s begun. I have a feeling he is going to really go to town with telling everyone about his diagnosis and using it to increase his profile under the guise of face value nice, if not elaborate gestures

Reactions: 5
Sorry if I offend anyone why does he need das for that when he been diagnosed for years and going to Florida with no problem

Sorry if I offend anyone why does he need das for that when he been diagnosed for years and going to Florida with no problem
probably because it will lower his wait times which he’s otherwise seemingly dealt with.

I can already hear the blue badge application being typed

ptsd was to do with an incident when he was tackling someone with a knife.
the thing is, if that was real, then he's done amazing... BUT using to get the sympathy and upvotes and gifts and praise is a bleeping disgrace.

reality - i have friend who has ptsd, been diagnosed for some time and been through counselling for as long... the last thing he wants is a bleeping ptsd party with likeminded people. i'm not saying it's not a thing, I'm saying it would never once occur to him as being a good idea. so, the fact that del is 'taking on this massive project' is bleeping alarm bells ... attention attention attention ... calling out the DAS ... attention attention attention ... no need for this horse tit. nothing about his campaign seems genuine (however real his history is).

I feel sorry for everyone he's taking the piss out of.
finally - he's getting all the nhs to this cinema showing too... so how's that work then? two parties or 1 mixed do? if this was authentic, if he was credible, this would never be happening. that's what i'm saying.

Reactions: 6
ptsd was to do with an incident when he was tackling someone with a knife.
the thing is, if that was real, then he's done amazing... BUT using to get the sympathy and upvotes and gifts and praise is a bleeping disgrace.

reality - i have friend who has ptsd, been diagnosed for some time and been through counselling for as long... the last thing he wants is a bleeping ptsd party with likeminded people. i'm not saying it's not a thing, I'm saying it would never once occur to him as being a good idea. so, the fact that del is 'taking on this massive project' is bleeping alarm bells ... attention attention attention ... calling out the DAS ... attention attention attention ... no need for this horse tit. nothing about his campaign seems genuine (however real his history is).

I feel sorry for everyone he's taking the piss out of.
finally - he's getting all the nhs to this cinema showing too... so how's that work then? two parties or 1 mixed do? if this was authentic, if he was credible, this would never be happening. that's what i'm saying.

Ramping things up for attention is his specialty. I remember when Jen had a time they thought she had a fairly serious underlying medical issue, which is fair enough. This was broadcast anyway, and then it was found out she was fine, but after they continued to make it seem like she had cancer or something similar despite knowing the facts which was in my view disgustingly tasteless.

Don't forget going out their way to document giving coffee to the emergency services. Its all about public perception and wanting sympathy and at the same time doing something to make others praise him for being salt of earth doing nice deeds. The cinema thing is just a larger coffee giving idea.

Having autism would make sense for Del though, just at the lower end of the scale. It's clear he hasn't got the sensory type issues connected to autism so would be more connected to the social side of things, and wanting praise and constant re-assurance can form part of that which does make a lot of sense.

100% Del was the kid in school who would do a project/assignment which would be to a universally accepted good standard. But he would tell others how he felt it was terrible, just to have them praise it.

• Heart
It's basically a free way for people to get away with no queueing!
Before they would use Fastpass to its best ability yet now their only option is paying $15 per day for Genie+

I'm pretty sure The Lodge Guy knobs have blagged a DAS pass this trip, which they definitely don't need, unless you can get one for being a useless twit?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The annoying thing is when I got to Disney I need a DAS. I've never felt the need to have to announce it to all my followers on Instagram and most of the time we didn't really use it, we had it for just in case my brain decided to kick off that day or I become too overwhelmed in the queues. The worst part was was my anxiety would kick off majorly in the line at guest relations when getting it added to my magic band even though I always brought letters from my Dr with me in case they wanted proof of needing the pass. The point I'm trying to make is people who genuinely need the DAS rarely make a fuss about getting one and just get on with their day. There isn't a big song and dance about whatever disorders we have.

• Heart
It's one thing to raise awareness of a disability but terrible to gain from it. Monet earn could be given to charity.

Also to show how DAS works is fine but be prepared for questions as to why you have it.

DAS user here, it's great as it means if you can't stand for long periods of time you can still ride attractions.

For anyone that doesn't need it, it doesn't save you any time. For example if you get a pass for ROTR, you're still hanging around for 3 hours not able to get a pass for anything else. It doesn't have a huge impact on the number for attractions you can ride in a day.

I just can’t stand when people post on facebook groups saying they’ve got a disability so do they get “free fastpasses” 😠

Reactions: 2
Flogging his Go Pro now for charity....10% going to a PTSD charity
Always has to have an act that looks a good thing but there’s always a narcissistic type meaning behind it.

Surely if you want to do something for charity you gift all the proceeds of the sale for it?

Del is probably writing up the giant cheque to have a photo of him presenting it to someone looking dumbfounded why they have a donation of probably £20

• Haha
Reactions: 6
but there’s always a narcissistic type meaning behind it.
I always see this as a sort of David Brent thing. How he would position things.

I still think back to that time Jen got to be the pilot on Smuggler's Run and afterwards he goes "Jen was the pilot, I was [something else] ... and that's fine" .... everything about how he said it appeared to be the least fine thing ever.
But that sums it all up really. It's not about what he does, it's about how he goes about it - if it was fine, I don't think he'd have said that it was. It's all the bits after the fact that he becomes bleeping weird.
So, like, go ahead and do your bit for charity, but don't tell people you do it... that's it, you've given... the next bit is where, I don't know, he needs a medal or something from everyone???

He's a psychologist's dream

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.