Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Thanks for sharing this YouTuber. However that video has a strong undertone of misogyny and is patronising. I’m not sure I will finish. It’s also not, from what I have watched, an accurate explanation of the gender critical perspective. More accurate ones can be found from gender critical feminists themselves on places like Reddit’s gender critical subreddit. Like all trans women being different, Greer is not a universal example of a Gender Critical Feminist. There’s nuance.
It is a counter of the "gender critical" perspective, watching gendercrit videos is not an equivalent.
I am asking in good faith, what did you find misogynistic about it's understones?
I'm also curious how much you watched, if you wouldn't mind telling me.

She is not suggesting Greer is representative of all "GC" feminists, it is one example. She explores others.

She's a misogynistic bitch.
Bitch is, of course a non-gendered, equal opportunities insult. #ohtheirony

Last edited:

barmj

Chatty Member
There are better people than me who have the patience to debate this with you. If you got that from my response then fair enough. You lost me at ‘cis’ to be honest.
don’t know why people are so averse to that word. I don’t always use it out of context, only when I talk about trans stuff.

I’m lucky enough that I’m able bodied and don’t have bladder/bowel issues (actually I have IBS but I know my triggers) because I’d hate to be forced to reveal myself just for the privilege of using the loos if I’m in public. That alone would be absolutely humiliating.

just being curious, what’s your (everyone here) stance on trans men using men’s bathrooms? assuming they pass as men. wouldn’t you be weirded out seeing a trans man using women’s loos in that case? is it suddenly ok if they have a vagina? see how all of this seems illogical to me.

ETA: trans women don’t feel safe using men’s loos, so I guess possible solutions would involve including unisex bathrooms for those who feel comfortable using them, or a designated trans/NB bathroom (which would invite violence too, imo). I suppose they can use disabled loos but I can’t see disablity companies doling out keys for trans people to use?

Last edited:

PoleStar

Chatty Member
@RosePetals I understand that some women have been made to feel worried and scared about this possibility.

But if a man wants to go into women's toilets or changing rooms they can do that now. They can just walk in.

And that had nothing to do with trans people who, as you say, have been using the appropriate toilet/changing room for years.

Changes to the GRA won't affect access to toilets or chsnging rooms as far as I know. You don't need to show id to get into the ladies' loos.
[/QUOTE

Really??? It IS affecting women already, try reading this:

Mselvista

VIP Member
I'll refer you to the opening sentence of one of your own posts:

"Why can I not use the term terf to describe transphobic feminists, male or female?"

That's a slur in my eyes. I wouldn't dream of labelling another person because they don't agree with my views, I'd just accept that our views differ. It's called being civil.
I haven't called anyone a terf.

However, that's one example. You referred to slurs.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
What have the Body Shop been doing now? I saw them grandstanding on Twitter with some sort of tote bag on display... have they said or done something else?

Mselvista

VIP Member
Is this a surprise to anyone? I'd assumed any amendment to the GRA was dead in the water with the change of administration.
So there you are. We won't hear any more from "gender critics" here in the UK, I guess. Their prayers have been answered.

Last edited: