Gender Discussion #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to TERF Club!

What is a woman? 🤔
Meaning of woman: adult human female.
Meaning of female: of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes (sperm)

What is a man? 🤔
Meaning of man: adult human male.
Meaning of male: of or denoting the sex that is distinguished biologically by the production of male gametes (sperm/spermatozoa) which can fertilize female gametes (ova).

The trans rights movement is a homophobic, misogynistic men's rights movement that preys on vulnerable children and adults.

We're a lovely bunch so do say hello and let us know what peaked you 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hello Theydies and Gentlethems!

That speech by Lord Forsyth was excellent.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I see the BBC is being disingenuous about Caster Semenya again. Reporting that "she" is challenging a rule affecting female athletes. If you heard that small headline you'd have no idea Semenya is male, which adds context.

• Angry
Reactions: 39
I see the BBC is being disingenuous about Caster Semenya again. Reporting that "she" is challenging a rule affecting female athletes. If you heard that small headline you'd have no idea Semenya is male, which adds context.
BUT What About The Intersex.
What about you duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was watching a program today about hieroglyphs and how some people saw light bulbs and helicopters in the tablets. Stay with me I'll get to the point. They mentioned pareidolia which is seeing faces in your toast and ducks in clouds and stuff like that.

It's also a primitive way of your brain keeping you safe. Say you see a movement out of the corner of your eye, it could be a tiger that is chasing you, you run, because your eyes and your brain are on alert to danger.

So your basic flight or fight deep in your DNA, that keeps you safe, processes who may be a predator and you respond accordingly. We all know that men are more of a danger to women and children and we recognise who may be a risk to our safety.

As women we scan surroundings all the time to process risk.

If we keep telling kids that a man in a dress is a woman, what damage will that do ?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I was watching a program today about hieroglyphs and how some people saw light bulbs and helicopters in the tablets. Stay with me I'll get to the point. They mentioned pareidolia which is seeing faces in your toast and ducks in clouds and stuff like that.

It's also a primitive way of your brain keeping you safe. Say you see a movement out of the corner of your eye, it could be a tiger that is chasing you, you run, because your eyes and your brain are on alert to danger.

So your basic flight or fight deep in your DNA, that keeps you safe, processes who may be a predator and you respond accordingly. We all know that men are more of a danger to women and children and we recognise who may be a risk to our safety.

If we keep telling kids that a man in a dress is a woman, what damage will that do ?
It's really dangerous.
I told my daughter to ask a woman for help if she ever got lost.
Now apparently men are women.
No.
---
In this case it was acknowledged that the wee girl only went with the nan as she thought he was a woman.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

I had a conversation with my husband about this the other day. We were walking together & on one side of us was a person on the floor being tended to next to a police car & on the other side a JW (cult) preaching stand. He didn't notice either. A perfect example of how men can simply walk along noticing nothing & women notice everything. I am always shocked by this.

Reactions: 42
I go out and about on my own often, trips to London/leeds/Manchester/Liverpool, gigs, festivals and often late at night.
I'm not scared as such, but I am aware of my surroundings and if there's a man present when I'm walking alone, I'm very aware of it.

Reactions: 35
I'm at that glorious age of feeling absolutely invisible! I assume at some point it will give way to frailty and vulnerability, but right now nobody sees me 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Interesting that women almost enjoy becoming invisible as they get older. Maybe men hate feeling this way & that's why they start to dress as women as they get older, that & the fact they can't afford a sports car (the original way men dealt with a midlife crisis).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
My local council have just announced there will be seven new flags flying outside its city centre offices. From these new flags, two are the "Progress Pride Flag" and the "Intersex Progress Pride Flag". Of course, these two are first to be mentioned on the list. Talk about over-representation :mad:

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.