Gender Discussion #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to TERF Club!

Meaning of woman: adult human female.

Meaning of female: of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes (sperm)

Meaning of man: adult human male.

Meaning of male: of or denoting the sex that is distinguished biologically by the production of male gametes (sperm/spermatozoa) which can fertilize female gametes (ova).

The trans rights movement is a homophobic, misogynistic movement that preys on vulnerable children and adults.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 15-36-10 1699265676853.png (WEBP Image 806 × 900 pixels).png
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 15-36-58 1699265773912.png (WEBP Image 734 × 900 pixels).png

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Sorry I can’t quote from a previous thread, but in reference to this post:

IMG_5016.jpeg

I lived in Queensland for 15 years. It’s a misogynist’s dream place to live. I am also surprised that the Minister for Women is actually a woman, and also suspect there are probably about 12 trans people in the whole of the bloody state. But sure, let’s make sure that women are erased completely. Backward hellhole. This makes me rage

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

View attachment 2601863

I lived in Queensland for 15 years. It’s a misogynist’s dream place to live. I am also surprised that the Minister for Women is actually a woman, and also suspect there are probably about 12 trans people in the whole of the bloody state. But sure, let’s make sure that women are erased completely. Backward hellhole. This makes me rage
As many on Twitter have pointed out, the minute abortion becomes an issue for “people” rather than “women”, it just becomes an excuse for men to make it harder for women to access it. Already happening in the US.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Yep once abortion becomes a people issue rather than a women issue, you can't be surprised when men have a say in it.

Got some bumf through at work today from a charity that does some great work for health inequality in the north east. Inside the envelope was this keyring
IMG_20231130_130316538.jpg

It's completely irrelevant to the work they do and I'm not sure why they've spent any of their budget on sending these out. Their clientele are from disadvantaged backgrounds and they have two hubs in areas of the city with very high levels of poverty and deprivation.
Normally if I come across a charity that I feel is doing good work I would consider recommending it to our community foundation, I won't be doing it for this one. During the cost of living crisis when many charities are on their knees, why in earth are they sending out promo merch that has nothing to do with their remit?

Oh and somebody mentioned Ka(t)e Tempest in the last thread. She always makes me a bit sad. When I hear her speak she's very interesting and strikes me as being intelligent (not a fan of her music though) I just wish women like her were being taught that just because you don't fit certain stereotypes, it doesn't mean you're some other being. You're still a woman. I wish I understood why so many of them fall for this non-binary nonsense, even though they don't appear to be stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Referring to the last thread about a gay male cyclist saying that trans women should be able to race against biological women because there is no difference between them...if that were true then why do we have separate categories in the first place? Why do they never discuss that?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Wow- is it happening to men too?? A whole article on prostates without mentioning the M word once! I might complain… gives me something to of an evening 😆

"....help to relieve symptoms caused by an obstruction – a very common problem in patients over 50 years old".

Why wasn't I warned that this could happen to me (a woman) once I turned 50? I'm going to have stern words with my GP to find out why she's never checked that my prostate is healthy!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Wow- is it happening to men too?? A whole article on prostates without mentioning the M word once! I might complain… gives me something to of an evening 😆

Maybe it’s because I work in healthcare and that’s where my interest lies but I think this is one of the things that pisses me off the most. In terms of publishing health information in the UK, as well as general government information via Gov.uk, you are supposed to universally write as if your audience are 9 years old. To ensure that you’re using clear, plain and simple English.

When you start complicating that language by saying “people with (organ that is exclusive to one sex)” it is confusing way more people than the actual numbers of transgender people in the UK. Not only that, but by exchanging “woman” or “man” (female/male etc) for “person with x” or “people with y” you make it harder to translate that for those who don’t have English as their first language. There’s a direct simple translation for woman/man etc in all languages - but when you start going down the route of non-specific and supposedly “inclusive” language, that isn’t the case. When it comes to health literacy, this country struggles and when you start making health information more complicated you’re only going to increase health inequalities and poorer health outcomes - ironically hitting *actual* marginalised groups hardest.

TLDR; trying to be “inclusive” actually outnumbers the amount of people you’re trying to pander to.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Referring to the last thread about a gay male cyclist saying that trans women should be able to race against biological women because there is no difference between them...if that were true then why do we have separate categories in the first place? Why do they never discuss that?
And if it's true that taking hormones magically turns a person into the opposite sex, why aren't TIF's winning in men's sports?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
And if it's true that taking hormones magically turns a person into the opposite sex, why aren't TIF's winning in men's sports?
Exactly, it's bloody ridiculous. If there's no difference then we wouldn't have separate categories and then sadly women just wouldn't win anything at all.

Reactions: 14
They never want to confront that reality. Do they believe that we have men and women’s categories just for the fun of it?

Reactions: 11
Maybe it’s because I work in healthcare and that’s where my interest lies but I think this is one of the things that pisses me off the most. In terms of publishing health information in the UK, as well as general government information via Gov.uk, you are supposed to universally write as if your audience are 9 years old. To ensure that you’re using clear, plain and simple English.

When you start complicating that language by saying “people with (organ that is exclusive to one sex)” it is confusing way more people than the actual numbers of transgender people in the UK. Not only that, but by exchanging “woman” or “man” (female/male etc) for “person with x” or “people with y” you make it harder to translate that for those who don’t have English as their first language. There’s a direct simple translation for woman/man etc in all languages - but when you start going down the route of non-specific and supposedly “inclusive” language, that isn’t the case. When it comes to health literacy, this country struggles and when you start making health information more complicated you’re only going to increase health inequalities and poorer health outcomes - ironically hitting *actual* marginalised groups hardest.

TLDR; trying to be “inclusive” actually outnumbers the amount of people you’re trying to pander to.
I'm absolutely with you on clear language being essential, especially when trying to provide health advice. I've written patient information sheets and you have to write for as broad an audience as possible, especially if you're targeting communities where English isn't their first language. We recently added in an anatomical diagram to a cervical screening information sheet as we had feedback that some women weren't sure exactly where their cervix was. And there's still a lot of confusion between what's a vulva and what's a vagina 🙁

The recent census appeared to show a higher than expected percentage of trans people in Tower Hamlets. It's most likely to be a result of people not understanding the question asked https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...elier-state-gender-didnt-match-birth-sex.html

Reactions: 23
They never want to confront that reality. Do they believe that we have men and women’s categories just for the fun of it?
Also it’s just rich that a man would be saying oh there’s no difference. So easy for him to say!! It really does boil my piss. Makes absolutely zero difference to that cyclist so yeah he may as well join the trans train and s*it all over women’s sport. head.

Reactions: 18
I'm absolutely with you on clear language being essential, especially when trying to provide health advice. I've written patient information sheets and you have to write for as broad an audience as possible, especially if you're targeting communities where English isn't their first language. We recently added in an anatomical diagram to a cervical screening information sheet as we had feedback that some women weren't sure exactly where their cervix was. And there's still a lot of confusion between what's a vulva and what's a vagina 🙁

The recent census appeared to show a higher than expected percentage of trans people in Tower Hamlets. It's most likely to be a result of people not understanding the question asked https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...elier-state-gender-didnt-match-birth-sex.html
Yes exactly, there was a time where the NHS info page on cervical cancer didn’t mention the word woman or women on the first page. Like you said, shockingly a LOT of women in this country don’t even know where their cervix is or what a cervix is. The fact we’re jumping through hoops to say “women and people with a cervix” is insane to me. Ironically, those who *are* transgender will of course know what a cervix is and where it is. But those with low health literacy or from a poorer educational background? duck them right?!
I’ve also read that about the census!! It’s so so stupid esp if you know what Tower Hamlets is like hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve also just come to the realisation as to WHY so many TRAs want to obfuscate the language around womanhood. By this, I’m referring to the changes to literature where women are called birthing parents, chestfeeders, menstruaters etc. I (rather naively) thought they were doing it for transmen’s sake (i.e WOMEN). So that WOMEN with dysphoria wouldn’t feel upset by the referral to their experience of menstruation, breastfeeding etc. But after reading their complaints, tweets and other drivel, I’m starting to believe that it’s not about standing up for women AT ALL (surprise, surprise). It’s about the transwomen (MEN) wanting to remove women from the dialogue, remove our experience, our visibility. They’re basically saying, if I can’t have it, neither can you! Most of you probably had that figured out already and it’s taken me awhile. Because it seemed initially as though it was quite considerate of transmen (women). Of course, now I understand that it’s all about the men, and what they want.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve also just come to the realisation as to WHY so many TRAs want to obfuscate the language around womanhood. By this, I’m referring to the changes to literature where women are called birthing parents, chestfeeders, menstruaters etc. I (rather naively) thought they were doing it for transmen’s sake (i.e WOMEN). So that WOMEN with dysphoria wouldn’t feel upset by the referral to their experience of menstruation, breastfeeding etc. But after reading their complaints, tweets and other drivel, I’m starting to believe that it’s not about standing up for women AT ALL (surprise, surprise). It’s about the transwomen (MEN) wanting to remove women from the dialogue, remove our experience, our visibility. They’re basically saying, if I can’t have it, neither can you! Most of you probably had that figured out already and it’s taken me awhile. Because it seemed initially as though it was quite considerate of transmen (women). Of course, now I understand that it’s all about the men, and what they want.
Oh 100%, it’s just a new form of misogyny

• Sad
Reactions: 26

View attachment 2601863

QLD has been fucked for years, starting with the Bjelke-Petersen government. Back in the 90s a friend of a friend was picked up by police for no real reason and they cut her dreads off, just because they could. Less than 30 years ago the police could alter your hairstyle because they didn't like it.
She was also First Nations which adds a whole other layer to the quagmire.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.