Gender Discussion #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was planning a yarn crawl, this one was on my list but isn’t any more. Why is this needed? Who said craft isn’t for everyone???? Virtue signalling is what it is. Annoyed me quite a bit to be honest ☹

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Was planning a yarn crawl, this one was on my list but isn’t any more. Why is this needed? Who said craft isn’t for everyone???? Virtue signalling is what it is. Annoyed me quite a bit to be honest ☹
Yes, I'd have thought if they wanted to be more inclusive, they'd be making more of an effort to appeal to men, rather than based on sexual orientation.

Obviously I know craft is for everyone but, being honest, it's always been seen as more popular among women. If they want to expand, they should be appealing to more men.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ridiculous. Every bloody company has to be seen hopping onto the bandwagon.
Yes, I'd have thought if they wanted to be more inclusive, they'd be making more of an effort to appeal to men, rather than based on sexual orientation.

Obviously I know craft is for everyone but, being honest, it's always been seen as more popular among women. If they want to expand, they should be appealing to more men.
That’s a good point.

Reactions: 15
There are quite a few knitting/crochet(ing ?) men on insta, maybe that’s why it annoyed me.
To me crafting is agender and apolitical, mainly because I don’t care where you’re from and what you do and if I like your thing it doesn’t bother me.
I see what you mean though as yes, yarn craft is seen as a more feminine past time, so yeah totally for the inclusions on men too - no need for the stupid flag though 🙂
Turns out though that the world of knitting is faaaar from being apolitical 🤷‍♀️ who knew!!!

Reactions: 25
There are quite a few knitting/crochet(ing ?) men on insta, maybe that’s why it annoyed me.
To me crafting is agender and apolitical, mainly because I don’t care where you’re from and what you do and if I like your thing it doesn’t bother me.
I see what you mean though as yes, yarn craft is seen as a more feminine past time, so yeah totally for the inclusions on men too - no need for the stupid flag though 🙂
Turns out though that the world of knitting is faaaar from being apolitical 🤷‍♀️ who knew!!!
Ironically, the extreme wokeness of the knitting world is what coined the term “purity spiral”, so it’s very far from apolitical!

People I know who are really into knitting pride themselves on being lefty and liberal, so I think the demographics definitely feed into the politics.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Oh, I am currently RAGING. I've just come across a detransitioner - not going to say too much but this lass had a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, double mastectomy, took testosterone etc, has now stopped. The reason I'm raging is that she also has a diagnosis of bipolar disorder and various other mental health issues. All of these predate her gender dysphoria. So any number of medical professionals basically looked at this girl and thought, yup, that's fine, we'll just ignore all her mental health issues and crack on with surgery and medication. And now, several years down the line, she's now changed her mind. I can't rant like this to anyone in real life but honestly, it's made me so cross.

Obviously people with bipolar and mental health problems absolutely have the right to make complex decisions and we shouldn't take that away from them, but I just feel that this poor lass - and goodness knows how many others - have been so, so let down by the people who should have supported them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
So people can get some form of redress if they are mis sold mortgages and PPI but can't if they are mutilated by unscrupulous doctors? of all the harm this movement is doing to women I fear children will come out of this worse. It's every medical scandal the world has ever seen multiplied by 10 in my mind.

Reactions: 35
Just seen, Santander insider admits LGBTQ+ activists putting pressure on
---
Also in the news

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Ironically, the extreme wokeness of the knitting world is what coined the term “purity spiral”, so it’s very far from apolitical!

People I know who are really into knitting pride themselves on being lefty and liberal, so I think the demographics definitely feed into the politics.
When my grandma and my mum started knitting, it was cheap, you could get cheap wool and make nice warm kids clothes. Now it’s gentrified and yarn is really fancy and expensive. You can get cheaper wool still but it’s definitely a lefty hobby for young people. But all the old ladies who knit may actually be a bit more conservative. I was on ravelry a few years ago and they banned MAGA patterns…

I was at the wool shop and a man came in with his recently deceased wife’s unfinished knitting - the lady takes donations of craft stuff for a women’s prison craft group. I was after a measuring tape and they was one on there so I have it. I like to think it’s nice she is helping with my knitting still, like when I use my grandmas mushroom.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm bloody outraged by this 😡
They are going to fund employees having gender reassignment! Soon every bank will be stuffed full of TRAs censoring customers.

Everyone needs a bank account these days so the government needs to step in about this. This is far more sinister than other commercial companies adopting this. We can all choose whether we continue to buy things from a company selling beer or clothing but we really don't have much choice about having a bank account.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I'm bloody outraged by this 😡
They are going to fund employees having gender reassignment! Soon every bank will be stuffed full of TRAs censoring customers.

Everyone needs a bank account these days so the government needs to step in about this. This is far more sinister than other commercial companies adopting this. We can all choose whether we continue to buy things from a company selling beer or clothing but we really don't have much choice about having a bank account.
It's becoming sinister, especially as we head towards inevitable cashlessness. Having a bank account is a human right I feel, because it soon will be the only way to buy necessities. It can't be linked to thought policing.

Edit to add:

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Society will only go cashless if we allow it to. I personally always have cash with me and I would advise everyone to always have enough cash to buy food and petrol for atleast a week. A cyber attack on the banking system and there will be a lot of people totally fucked. 4 years ago all the cash machines and card machines in Southeast London went down and it was carnage, that was just for a few hours.

Meanwhile Natwest NatWest allows staff to identify as men and women on different days (msn.com)

Reactions: 19
@Avenged7Fold this is the tweet you asked about in the last thread. Putting it under a spoiler, it's gross
Maya Forstater responded to the post today by writing: 'A man is not a woman. A man is not a mother. A man having a baby suck his nipple is not breastfeeding.'
Helen Joyce added: 'I'm not sharing a pic of the bloke on a bus breastfeeding a baby because it's also a pic of a baby being used non-consensually as a man's identity prop.'

ETA: This MAN is a sick f*cking b@stard :mad: :mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Of all the times Elon Musk decides to stop non twitter users viewing tweets it had to be now. I'm going to have to join aren't I.
Anyone else going tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it.
Any suggestions for questions I should ask Sharron

Reactions: 11
Of all the times Elon Musk decides to stop non twitter users viewing tweets it had to be now. I'm going to have to join aren't I.
Anyone else going tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it.
Any suggestions for questions I should ask Sharron
If there's opportunity, ask her if she feels she has gained any vocal support from her industry and if she thinks the tide is turning. I'd be interested to know whether her colleagues are supporting her or still going against her.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.