Gender Discussion #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just made myself something to eat and tried to put on The Clinic (ITV documentary about Tavistock) on the ITVX app. It is not playing, after multiple attempts. All other shows I’ve tried in comparison are starting straight away…
Did you get working in the end? I just tried it and it plays OK for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Just seen, doctor admits they cause bone problems and infertility but doesn't see this as an impediment to treatment
My god how can they overlook serious side effects like that?
---
I was discussing his visit to the ladies' loos at Kings X station - one of the women in the conversation used the excuse that "he probably felt uncomfortable using the gents" - I was speechless and didn't get a chance to ask if the teenage girls in the queue didn't have the right to feel comfortable as well. This woman was 60+, an educational psychologist working in the English education system:mad:.
This is exactly what annoys me as well! Maybe a trans woman doesn't feel comfortable using the men's toilets but they see nothing wrong in making us women feel uncomfortable in our toilets by having a man in there!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the latter example is different, as there's no argument over whether coffee is caffeinated or decaf. It either is or it isn't.

However, some people think TWAW/TMAM. I get no one here does, but some people do and they have a different definition of the term man and woman. Therefore, I think we need a word for the norm to cut through any ambiguity. If we say trans men and cis men then it's clear. Personally I say biological men and trans men which I think is less loaded and troublesome, but maybe I'm wrong?!

If I'm not wrong, maybe that's the answer.
I think what gets confusing, it that trans people often try and defy biology, so if you are being completely supportive, you should use the phrases women and cis women or men and cis men. because Trans people currently dont want to have to use the label trans to define themselves. they want to be able to self identify as a different sex and gender to the one they were born within.

As I object to all labels, even down to spending most of my life trying to resist being defined by Miss, Mrs or Ms, by not including a prefix unless I have to, I have no interest in needing the additional label of cis. And I am cross and frustrated that someone else is trying to change my own definitions for myself!
---
For me it’s the double standard. A man in a dress is stunning. A woman in the exact same dress is inappropriate. duck off.
For me ...its the stupidity of the fashion industry. and the expectations that women of a certain size and shape shouldnt wear certain outfits.

Most women learn these rules very young, that there are clothes that you should or shouldnt wear. Im not saying that this is necessarily right or wrong, but its implicit in so much of our social media, and films and TV programmes, etc and make up mores. So for instance large women wearing a short skirt do so for comedy purposes, not as a serious sex object. Think of how large Rebel Wilson was percieved in Hollywood. or Melissa McCarthy, or even in comedy shows like Little Britain.

So why is it ok for a trans woman to wear something that a biological woman would get away with?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
However, some people think TWAW/TMAM. I get no one here does, but some people do and they have a different definition of the term man and woman.
Best not to give into those delusions then, like (hopefully) you wouldn’t entertain an anorexic proclaiming that they’re large, or a religious fanatic insisting their one religion is religion.

Therefore, I think we need a word for the norm to cut through any ambiguity.
Words? Like the words man and woman?

This is only hard for people who are choosing to making it hard. I appreciate you’re trying to accommodate but.. it sounds ridiculous to everyone else. All creatures have a sex. This is not new, or changed information in the last few years. No need for ‘cis’ for those in the real world.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Did you get working in the end? I just tried it and it plays OK for me.
Just rechecked. Still not playing when I press play. Other shows on ITVX and other platforms airing fine when pressing play. Thought it was a conspiracy but if it’s working for you, then no. Perhaps they been reading my comments on the subject and thought “that’s enough, and we’ll put the brakes on the likes of you” 🤐😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Even though I’m a fan, I remember echoing the sentiment that the lyrics of Lady Gaga’s song “Born this way” in 2012 was demonstrating some strange and weird responses (in relation to trans), and was shunned and lost quite a few friends because of it. I knew something weird was up but didn’t know what was going on a decade ago, These days with the recent revelations, I feel vindicated, even if I probably won’t make those friends back, which is sad.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Truly alive for the first time ha. Stevie Wonder would be able to clock that’s total balls.
A lot of mantra to feel joy/connected (and why differentiate hanging with pals by adding 'trans pals' too? just pals should suffice)
The lady doth protest too much ..
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Received an email at work. The signature part is all in bright pink font, pronouns, pride pictures, the whole lot. Go onto the clients record. Is a trans woman.
I am obviously not a woman as I don’t feel the need to have bright pink font on my emails.
I use purple and green font in mine 💜💚 🤭
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The most bizarre bit of gaslighting in that clip is that a breast pump is placed front and central in shot. So it’s either a pointless prop acquired purely to add a veneer of authenticity to cos-playing ‘being a mum’, or it belongs to an adult human female in the household who lactates (i.e. an actual mum)
"Being a ‘mother’, whilst hitherto always associated with being female, is the status afforded to a person who undergoes the physical and biological process of carrying a pregnancy and giving birth"

High Court rules against transgender man who gave birth in his battle to be registered as father (familylaw.co.uk)
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
my football team (all lesbians) registered for this tournament next weekend and I decided to go along as well but I'm not playing.
it's "trans inclusive" and seems to all be about pushing men into women's sports. This is obviously disgusting. Any suggestions what I should do when I'm there to stand up to this nonsense?
 
  • Angry
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 22
my football team (all lesbians) registered for this tournament next weekend and I decided to go along as well but I'm not playing.
it's "trans inclusive" and seems to all be about pushing men into women's sports. This is obviously disgusting. Any suggestions what I should do when I'm there to stand up to this nonsense?
I strongly encourage them not to take part in the first place. It's not for women if it's trans inclusive. Men's bodies will be present and capable of massive injury.

On top of that you have the lack of privacy for changing and so on. I'd probably attach some articles from teams that include men where women have been injured. I'm sure I've seen lots online.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
"Being a ‘mother’, whilst hitherto always associated with being female, is the status afforded to a person who undergoes the physical and biological process of carrying a pregnancy and giving birth"

High Court rules against transgender man who gave birth in his battle to be registered as father (familylaw.co.uk)
It honestly highlights the ridiculousness of the GRC legally recognising someone as male or female when they clearly are not. The whole thing should be abolished.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Does he type that out every time he sends an email?! Surely yes, otherwise auto correct wouldn't change it.

Ethan is a guy's name, so everyone would assume he/him anyway.
Im inclined to believe this is fake, signatures are normally automatic after initial set up so like you say, auto correct wouldn’t apply with it, and I’m also failing to understand how autocorrect changed the word “him” to “hung” , if he was trying to type, for example “hum”, then I could believe it
---
I strongly encourage them not to take part in the first place. It's not for women if it's trans inclusive. Men's bodies will be present and capable of massive injury.

On top of that you have the lack of privacy for changing and so on. I'd probably attach some articles from teams that include men where women have been injured. I'm sure I've seen lots online.
I read one just yesterday about a rugby match in Canada where a non binary male playing on a womens team injured three female opponents via tackles.
 
  • Angry
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.