Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

brandambassador

VIP Member
Hi Ailbhe.
I was diagnosed with MS at 25 a couple years ago. A surprise but welcome pregnancy last year meant u couldn’t take some meds that controlled spasms. Everyday had either diarrhoea or the painful opposite during my pregnancy. I’m sure you didn’t poo yourself in labour as you possibly don’t pop at all, but I couldn’t stop the entire time & I did awful damage (was expected but still safer than me having a section). I’m here today getting ready to head to Boots. My baby was born a few weeks after yours. But I’m heading for a colostomy bag surgery this Wednesday. It MAY just be a temporary thing but it has to have 6-8 months to see. Please stop making it seem like we all just need to put on our sweaty Betty & do a sponsored gym sesh & then life is normal again. I don’t know if this weekend is the last time I’d want my husband to look at me naked or touch me. My family won’t be breaking the rules to see me or help me recover because we want to protect them. I’m so nervous and scared. I could do without people like you making it seem like motherhood is a bed of roses & life is glitter and rainbows. Sorry for the rant tattlers x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Xena693

Ordinarily, I can’t stand Stefanie but on this occasion, she is right. Beo is nothing but a scam that extorts money from women by making them feel inadequate and Aoibhin Garrihy has zero knowledge, insight or qualifications to chair such an event.

Just another money-making exercise from the grasping Garrihy’s full of empty rhetoric and psychobabble to try to make themselves sound intelligent. Anyone who would part with their hard-earned cash for this poppycock when there is an abundance of “wellness” content for free all over the internet needs their “sacred” heads examined 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 37

brandambassador

VIP Member
Ah now, are you sure you aren't just jealous of them?! 😉

Its definately just that we are all jealous....

Its not that my own younger sisters wont meet my 5 month old son YET this christmas because we have to keep my dad safe, my husband is positive since last week so we wont see him until new years at least, he has luckily been able to quarantine in a family granny flat 10 mins away but still feels like forever. my husband is a front liner, not someone who broke the rules like this gang. nobody deserves covid19, but spending christmas without my husband because he was trying to help everyone else is harder to accept than someone who gets covid breaking the rules like this lot!!!
Yes i am jealous of aoibhin who will break the rules, have the big family christmas, eat and drink as she likes and swan around in free clothes surrounded by gifts she has been picking up freely, but covid is coming for every household and people like the garrihys who will have a minimum of 4 houses mixing over the next week will not escape. because each one of those sisters will have visited a mother or father in laws house too, and more. And they will end up with covid19 hitting their many bubbles. And i can promise you here as i look at my baby asleep, and pack my bag for myself to spend christmas away from my sisters, my dad and my husband - , it is only when you wake up hoping "i hope my husband doesnt need hospital or ventilator today" and you hold the anxiety in your chest until you hear from him, then those 3 sisters will be online begging us to obey the rules and light candles.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

GreenFlamingo

VIP Member
Miriam O'Callaghan next in line for the LLS (assuming they go with somebody already in RTE, because of course they will).

Ailbhe and her "fellow moms" :rolleyes::rolleyes: Absolutely gross how they (influencers in general, not just these eejits) monetise their children.
I hate the way Ailbhe is always shiteing on about "the lads" watching football or rugby. You'd swear Seán was about 14. Your baby doesn't know the difference between a rugby ball and his own head Ailbhe, give us a break 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Scrk1994

What annoys me is the "I worked my way up" blah blah blah...Louise McSharry, an amazing female DJ, only got her own primetime slot this year, and she has grafted her arse off. Doireann's accession in RTE is off the back of pairing up with more competent DJs who know their craft, and making insulting impressions of other women?

I also find her ara shure hup Clare "culchie" accent mortifying. She's a Castleknock rich girl, would you ever fuck off!

Reactions: 30

brandambassador

VIP Member
I’m no fan of Pippa o Connor , but the garrihys could learn a lot! They’re charging €10 for a fucking insta live at the weekend for their own arse pocket! Pippa and Brian Dowling live just now raised €10.5k for childline. Aoibhin can pretend to be polished but she misses reading the room during this pandemic

Reactions: 30

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
That’s kinda not really the point though if it’s against the guidelines.
I get that.

But i think constant rehashing of guidelines is tedious.

I come on here to get away from the news.

And if they were blatantly breaching guidelines i'd be pissed off. In the grand scheme of things it was teeny tiny breach of guidelines in a huge open air area. While i've followed all restrictions, i think after 10 months of it, a lot of people have made minor infractions.

IMO its not the hill I'd die on in terms of giving out about them. Totally respect your opinion, just offering mine

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Heidi77

VIP Member
Only "mamas" should get out and walk on a gorgeous today, screw everyone else. If you're not a mother what are you doing with your life?

Also Ailbhe even though I am a "mama" unfortunately I'm stuck inside until 5.30pm working to support my family so I don't have that luxury but I'm jealous of those who do
Just rang my boss - she wasn't on board with me getting out for a walk cos I'm a Mama. Go figure

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
I guess it could be a similar situation to that of Philip Schofield.. They might have a mutual agreement between them , who knows . If it is the case though, she really could of done better . I doubt she married him knowing all this . Let’s face it , she could have most men she would desire .
She’s beautiful Yes. But she’s an absolute dose so I’d say wouldn’t be most men’s fancy biscuit!

What does everyone make of Alibhe’s q&a with everymum.ie
Well it’s a sponsored article by Sport Ireland so Ailbhe has clearly rote learned the key points they want to get across. I can see her trying to speak for all women but she doesn’t speak for me.

I understand more than anyone that after having a baby your body never goes back to what it once was but she can hardly complain. She was back in her, as she says “tiny outfits” in no time. Give me a break Ailbhe Garrihy. I have a kangaroo pouch on me that looks like Marla was stretched from one end of a room to another.

Instagram also does NOT have to be a place where you put your best foot forward. People want to see real people. I know I do and most of the people I follow are very REAL! So is that Ailbhe’s way of saying that she isn’t being honest when she posts about her overwhelming joy of being a mother and wife?

We didn’t all get 6 week check ups with our private consultant. I had a high risk pregnancy, complicated birth and was never followed up by my maternity. When I went to my GP for my baby’s 6 week check up and after having to specifically ask him to weigh my baby because he wasn’t bothered checking, I had no confidence in him telling me I could or couldn’t exercise. He didn’t even look at my scar. He wanted me to sign my combination care form so he would get paid despite him not even seeing me for over half of this pregnancy.

Ailbhe just lives in her own privileged bubble. She’s talking about lockdown like it’s such a positive because she has nothing else to do and fair enough that’s her personal circumstance but mine means I’ve spent my entire pregnancy on the frontline, my post partum period in lockdown and am due to head back to the frontline in April and I don’t live down the road from my mother. Everything is so hunky dory in her world. She genuinely makes it sound like anyone who is having a hard time is such a moan!* And the walking... oh the walking. I used to love it but when you do it day in day out it nearly feels like a chore. I also don’t have a sweet angelic baby who will sleep for a two hour stroll!

*fully aware i sound like a moan! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

Xena693

Sorry girls but is Doireann Garrihy for fucking real? My blood is actually boiling after watching her latest, predictable pontification “We all have to limit our social contacts, we all have to do our bit, we all have to row in” God, the HYPOCRISY is enough to tip me over the edge! I cannot STAND another second of Doireann’s absolute horse manure. How dare she preach to anyone! Take your own advice Doireann you gowl!!! 😡😡😡

Circe

The wellness industry is nothing more than neoliberal capitalist bullshit designed to make make people, mainly women and often women with young children, feel bad about themselves. That is what drives it. It also has no consideration of poverty, hardship and/or mental health issues. Aoibhin is a typical wellness advocate with absolutely zero qualifications or experience. Easy to preach wellness when you have money and security, but this is the lifestyle she sells.

Edit: Anyone contributing to her pocket needs their head examined btw.

• Heart
It’s the photos of them after the sea swim that I find funny, making a point to be all socially distanced. Like you’re all staying in the same house together and sitting next to each other at dinner, why bother?

• Haha
Reactions: 25

T!aMar!a

Is Doireann for real showing her wardrobe and complaining about all the glitter outfits she didn’t get a chance to wear? She was our for so many dinners, lunches and staycations and then needlessly drove across the country, with her bf following on St Stephens Day. I know there were no rule stopping all this at the time but why do they not have a ounce of common sense? There’s 9,000 cases backlogged that can’t be processed bc the system is so overwhelmed and hospitals are stretched bc of all the staff out isolating due to outbreaks. This is literally worse than the worst case scenario we were planning for back in March, thousand of people out of work on PUP again but sure, tell us more about how you had surplus glitter to the amount of selfies and content you could produce in December?

I’ve finally unfollowed all 4 of them (the only thing we can actually do to make a difference to their “influence”). good riddance!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
I think she focused on deep sleep and adults are only supposed to get 1-2 hours a night. God help her when she has a baby 🤣🤣😩 there will be no naps there boi...
Ah no, she's a garrihy. Motherhood is like a Calvin Klein ad for the garrihy's. It's all picturesque walks and perfectly matching, hand stitched, organic cotton, woven by angels in the stairway to heaven clothes.
Motherhood is a breeze 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24

MunHun

VIP Member
The whole lot of them irritate the life out of me, used to like Ailbhe but she's as hell bent on being famous as the other 2 now. Have to laugh at Aoibhin giving tours of her perfect life and house when the whole of Ennis knows her hubby has a secret kid in Canada the same age as her eldest.
Secret Child?? I thought the whole of West Clare knew he was gay? These threads make my head spin.

• Haha

Circe

So doireanns stories about be kind, she's basically saying that people shouldn't say anything negative about anyone ever 🙄 just because people have an opinion and you don't agree with it or you don't like what you hear doesn't mean said people are being nasty or trolling. They have an opinion. The caroline flack situation was a media witch hunt not people calling her out on instagram for not declaring ads or for showing off gifts etc. Maybe I'm missing something 🤷🏼‍♀️
She would want to learn to be kind herself. I mean, her career started making fun of other people.

Hannahchoo

This is kinda turning into the Eoghan Mc D thread. 😂Eoghan worked extremely hard to get where he is today. He can literally talk about absolutely anything, he is well versed in politics and entertainment and can hold a conversation well and change the direction of interviews if needs be. He is well able to read the room. He WILL 100% be the next in line to present the Late Late Show. He doesn’t need the likes of Doireann who was catapulted onto our screens and radio because of a brief period of being fresh and funny and the nepotism... oh yes the nepotism. Now she is coming across like a mean girl who can’t even run her desk properly. Sorry but if I was Eoghan I’d be screaming being paired with someone like Doireann. Does anyone remember when she did a meet and greet in Coppers for Valentines I think? It was a few years ago before she got her RTÉ gigs. Not something she’d even consider now. She’s gone all high and mighty. I have a feeling she genuinely believes she carries the breakfast show. Would love to see her knocked off her pedestal and someone who has worked hard all along get the gig.
J.B Fletcher finally outed as being Eoghan McDermott on Tattle 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23