Garrihy Sisters #2 Think they're from the West and that as mother's they're the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @josephsgal for the thread title, got a bit cropped but it's

The Garrihy Sisters: Think they're from the West, and that as mother's they're the best, but really they are a nauseating, annoying snooze-fest

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the new thread!
It’s unfortunate that the girls are so boring recently we have nothing to dissect. Doireann is reminiscing on a graduation from 10 years ago. Aoibhinn is feeding yoghurt to a child who clearly hates it as much as we dislike her “poetry for pause” and Ailbhe must be having some downtime after her podcast episodes roaring success 🙄!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The tension between Eoghan and Doireann is getting worse, although she referred to it herself this morning, saying something like "that will give them even more to talk about". Maybe they are doing it to boost ratings?

The tension between Eoghan and Doireann is getting worse, although she referred to it herself this morning, saying something like "that will give them even more to talk about". Maybe they are doing it to boost ratings?
They hate each other! Eoghan was very clear to anyone that would listen about having to do the show with her. He didn't think she deserved the position and I think he's dead right! She doesn't even know how to use the equipment properly ffs 🙄 Marty used to carry her on spin and now it's the same with eoghan and if eoghan's off work emma power has to step in and do the desk work. I'd be mortified if I was doireann getting paid that money and needing a helper

Reactions: 16
They hate each other! Eoghan was very clear to anyone that would listen about having to do the show with her. He didn't think she deserved the position and I think he's dead right! She doesn't even know how to use the equipment properly ffs 🙄 Marty used to carry her on spin and now it's the same with eoghan and if eoghan's off work emma power has to step in and do the desk work. I'd be mortified if I was doireann getting paid that money and needing a helper
She's there well over a year now. You would think she would go and learn her craft.

I once had a conversation with an RTE employee who was there when she auditioned for Podge and Rodge. An interesting conversation to say the least.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I once had a conversation with an RTE employee who was there when she auditioned for Podge and Rodge. An interesting conversation to say the least.
She was AWFUL on podge and Rodge. Nearly felt bad for her, so out of her depth

Reactions: 7
Don't get the fascination with them. They are fifty shade of beige. The blandest of the bland. Doireann is the only one that is any way interesting and even then I just don't find her funny. Very try hard.

Don’t know anything about radio but would they not have had to pitch for the show together? Listened to an xgalz podcast where they mentioned doing a pilot for rte radio and it came across like everyone pairing had to audition and do a pilot to see if the format worked.. or would rte just have thrown them together ?

Reactions: 2
Don’t know anything about radio but would they not have had to pitch for the show together? Listened to an xgalz podcast where they mentioned doing a pilot for rte radio and it came across like everyone pairing had to audition and do a pilot to see if the format worked.. or would rte just have thrown them together ?
They did pitch together. I mentioned this in the last thread. Maybe Eoghan saw her appeal but didn't actually realise how much he'd dislike her.

Reactions: 7
She is a dose and he is worse. Two apes trying to appeal to the masses and failing! In my opinion obvs - I’m sure some people find them entertaining. Aoibhin is very polite and friendly if you meet her - I can personally vouch for that. Her home decor style absolutely galls me but it isn’t my house thank God I couldn’t live with all that marble and crazy wallpaper. As for Ailbhe she seems to be trying to follow her sisters into the limelight and it’s a pity. I always liked her but since she got engaged find her so full of notions. I’ve never met her though maybe she isn’t so bad in person? Anyone met her?

Reactions: 11
Doireann giving out about how little sleep she gets again 🙄 she literally thinks she's the only one that has to get up at 5am and work a full day! Get over yourself girl, try doing 12-16 hour shifts at a go every week!

My friend who lives with me gets up at 5am every morning, gone by 6am and not home until 5.30pm. She is a nurse who has a very stressful job. Can’t believe she is giving out about getting up tht early when she can get her naps in most days and finish her work day at 9 🙄 wait until she has kids on top of the work 🤨

Doireann is becoming more unbearable as the mornings go by. The squeeling, the shouting, the fake country accent 🙄 Dose of the highest order. I've always listened to 2fm on my hour long commutes to Dublin over the years but I reckon I'm going to have to change station.

Reactions: 13
What annoys me is the "I worked my way up" blah blah blah...Louise McSharry, an amazing female DJ, only got her own primetime slot this year, and she has grafted her arse off. Doireann's accession in RTE is off the back of pairing up with more competent DJs who know their craft, and making insulting impressions of other women?

I also find her ara shure hup Clare "culchie" accent mortifying. She's a Castleknock rich girl, would you ever duck off!

Reactions: 30
Plus her godfather is ian Dempsey! it's not what you know, it's who you know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 20
Doireann is becoming more unbearable as the mornings go by. The squeeling, the shouting, the fake country accent 🙄 Dose of the highest order. I've always listened to 2fm on my hour long commutes to Dublin over the years but I reckon I'm going to have to change station.
theres a reason their show is down so many listeners!

What annoys me is the "I worked my way up" blah blah blah...Louise McSharry, an amazing female DJ, only got her own primetime slot this year, and she has grafted her arse off. Doireann's accession in RTE is off the back of pairing up with more competent DJs who know their craft, and making insulting impressions of other women?

I also find her ara shure hup Clare "culchie" accent mortifying. She's a Castleknock rich girl, would you ever duck off!
And the thing is, she didn't even work her way up or at least in the way that Louise had to (she is hugely talented). Doireann only has a job with RTE because of her huge social media profile and 2FM wanted to increase their youth following. They obviously used Podge and Rodge to lay the groundwork for that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

The fake accent absolutely grates on me and it isn't even funny. It is pure fake.

BTW, did anybody else know that Aoibhín Garrihy invented poetry?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.