Gabriella Lindley #5 Tinned tomatoes and bacon fat, spent 395K on a flat full of tat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will try and reserve judgement until we hear more details... but yeah, given everything we know about Gabby, it seems far more likely that she is not ready to face the truth about herself with a straight-talking therapist, rather than she just happened to accidentally find the nastiest and most judgemental therapist in the whole of Brighton.

Also, just a thought - don’t most first therapy sessions involve getting to know the patient/client, so basically Gabby would be expected to talk about herself, explain what she’s seeking help with and what she hopes to get from therapy, and the therapist would mostly just listen and make notes? That’s my own personal experience, but maybe it’s different for others.

Reactions: 32
We have a lot of evidence from over the years that she can’t take criticism. And at the end of the day, a therapist is not there to be super nice to you and validate all of your unhealthy behaviours. She probably just didn’t like having questions asked about her behaviour or thoughts, which I get, it is really uncomfortable at first, but it is so important for your self growth. I came home crying after my first therapy session because she said some things that were extremely uncomfortable to hear, and I dreaded going back for my next session, but I didn’t pay to see a therapist to enjoy the experience. I wish she would stick with something for once, and try a different therapist to see if they suit her better. Not everything will work out first time, it takes work, which Gabbie obviously isn’t used to.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I've seen a few therapists privately in the UK, two counsellors and one psychologist, and in every case I've found that in the first session they just get to know you, potentially may ask questions about your life and try to figure out how to best help you. They are also literally trained not to be judgmental, and of course I know that some therapists aren't great, and quite often people may not connect with one but will with another, but the whole 'this is the worst therapist in all of Brighton now I feel worse' just goes along with how Gabby is as a person and why she needs therapy in the first place. There's a reason we all joked on here before the therapy like 'oh I bet Gabby will go home crying about how mean and horrible the therapist was and never go back' and now it's actually happened.

I feel disappointed for her because I really think she needs therapy so badly and I did hope that it would have gone well for her. But now she'll have an excuse just to carry on doing nothing and wallowing away in her flat.

Reactions: 41
My first therapy session they got to know me (as much as we could fit in in an hour), I cried but only cos I was reflecting on some of the issues I knew myself, my therapist was lovely but I know sometimes therapists and patients dont gel well together that's why you need to find the right one for you.
If that therapist was truly nasty then I feel bad, but I've been to enough therapy myself and know others around that the truth can hurt but they're not being nasty to hurt but have to let you know as that's part of fixing it!

Reactions: 15
Isn’t the first session supposed to be really hard? So many people have published they go to therapy and they come back crying and feeling worse for a few hours and then feel better, maybe she was just expecting someone to click their fingers and help her?

Reactions: 11
Yeah I'm sure she has said in a snarky tweet before that she has been/is going to therapy, maybe someone with a better memory than me may remember that too

Reactions: 6
She’s definitely been told some home truths.

I have also been to therapy, it’s not supposed to be pleasant. Their job is to help you identify negative thought processes and behaviours so you can challenge them and eventually change them.

I suspect that Gabby didn’t want to accept that some of her own behaviours are the problem - she would much rather blame it all on somebody else. As she is sensitive to criticism she’s probably perceived this as a personal attack when it’s actually a therapist trying to help her change these damaging thoughts and behaviours. Quite sad really because in my experience, when I needed help I was willing to do whatever my therapist told me to do no matter how difficult.

Reactions: 21
It’s sad but I can’t say I’m surprised. She’s a princess who can not stand anybody telling her she’s wrong, or needs to change how she’s doing something. She will never ever accept responsibility for the way her life is.

Reactions: 15
She’s used to Jane being scared of her and allowing her ridiculous behaviour! Hence why she can’t handle a therapist calling her out and what the rest of the world knows and thinks about her! That she’s a complete imbecile!

Reactions: 12
I'm guessing the therapist asked her stuff like 'how often do you see friends/leave your house in a week' or details about her relationship with food, and she interpreted that as judgmental because she has so many issues, while the therapist was just trying to figure out where the issues lie and what she needs to work on.

Therapists aren't there just to 'help people' like Gabby said by being nice and sweet and telling her how great and brave she is and telling her everything she wants to hear, your mum or your friends can do that, therapists are there to guide her towards looking at her life and breaking negative patterns in order to make change.

Reactions: 25
I am in dis-bleeping-belief that she actually spent time out of her day pouring clothes washing liquid into a jar. I honestly cannot fathom what goes through her mind when she does all this weird stuff.

She doesn't leave the house so she obsesses over EVERY detail.

Attachments

Reactions: 26
I am in dis-bleeping-belief that she actually spent time out of her day pouring clothes washing liquid into a jar. I honestly cannot fathom what goes through her mind when she does all this weird stuff.

She doesn't leave the house so she obsesses over EVERY detail.
And then leaves the dispenser cap on top 😂😂😂 just shove the plastic cap on the bottle and put them away 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I agree with the others. Its highly likely gabbie yet again could not take criticism.
She is a teenager in mind and has been molly coddled by her family whenever her diva behaviour rears its head.
Therapy is not easy, ive done it myself, it is painful to start as they need to identify issues in order to work on them.
Gabbie refuses to accept she is at fault, and blames the rest of the world, she is a classic narcissist. She enjoys her chaos and her own little bubble.
Its scary how obsessive she got over having a kid, she is deluded in thinking that a child is all roses and quirky names and insta captions.... It isnt.
Suck it up gabs and grow a pair and sort your issues out, instead of doing what you do in your flat and gloss over them!

Reactions: 16
I feel sorry for her but I also think she will just refuse to get help in the future. I went through some couselling as a teen and it was painful but really valuable. I hope Gabbie doesn't 'out' the therapist publically because that would be really unreasonable. Trying a different therapist might be an idea.

Reactions: 10
I really didn’t want to post but she’s tipped me over the edge.
I’m training to be a clinical psychologist and my mum is an NHS counsellor.
We are bound by certain codes of practice in both our roles, I’m not sure what type of therapist she has seen but, generally speaking, they all work within the same guidelines (which they will have had to demonstrate a working knowledge of quite thoroughly in order to be qualified to actually treat people).
Initial sessions are always an assessment. ALWAYS.
You can’t begin to treat someone without first getting their history etc so all a therapist will do is ask lots of questions...
No one has ever challenged her and she has lived a very sheltered life.
My guess, as others have said, is that the therapist asked probing questions which made her uncomfortable (therapy isn’t comfortable at first) and she’s done the typical Gabby thing of blaming the person instead of taking any responsibility whatsoever for her own behaviours.
She has a large platform and her bratty behaviour could influence others to not reach out for help which is incredibly dangerous. She’s a grown woman. She needs to get off social media and work through her plethora of issues before she does some real damage.

Reactions: 53
The way she says 'I will be making a video with my mum about this' does that mean her mum went into the therapy session with her? Is this normal practice? genuine question.

Reactions: 24
The way she says 'I will be making a video with my mum about this' does that mean her mum went into the therapy session with her? Is this normal practice? genuine question.
I thought this. It also sounds like something a child would say - ‘I’m going to tell my mum about this’

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think most therapists would be quite surprised by an adult woman coming into a therapy session with her Mother. I’ve only ever seen that happen in an ‘appropriate adult’ situation with a child or very impaired adult. I think Gabby is so used to bringing her Mum everywhere she just expected that to happen. Perhaps therapist was a bit bemused and that got them off on the wrong foot.

As many of you have said, the first therapy session is to get a history of you and what your aims for therapy are. It definitely isn’t easy to just sit there and talk, particularly as I’ve had many therapists who will deliberately leave long silences to encourage you to talk. This will be followed up with questions about your response to situations. Perhaps Gabby interpreted this is as judgmental.

Then there is the fact that all therapists maintain professional distance. They won’t say ‘oh, I’m so sorry for you, that is awful, how upsetting’. They might say ‘I can see this has been hard for you’ if you’re distressed but they’re not going to start crying along with you or offering buckets of sickly sympathy. Perhaps Gabby interpreted this as cold or rude, as she does seem to need to be coddled.

Of course, It is possible the therapist was unprofessional in which case she should follow complaint procedures and get a refund. It wouldn’t surprise me if she’s just gone for the most expensive therapist she can find rather than think about her needs. I could see her doing better with an older woman with a gentle approach, maybe a person-centered therapist with a more holistic approach. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if Gabby felt intimidated by a therapist just be their being a qualified professional. She’s been so dismissive of professionals in the past (surgeons, vets, her teachers).

Reactions: 21
Therapist probably said to stay away from social media because that seems to be her biggest trigger ! Go and get an actual job gabs you will find you feel alot better leaving the house and interacting with real people !

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.