Gabriella Lindley #40 Shame her "friends" keep playing emergency cricket

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, title thanks to @Fillyjonk. Title had to be edited for length, the full title is: You don't see her whole life, only a snippet, shame her "friends" keep playing emergency cricket

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
At what point do you send a ‘keep your chin up’ card? Family bereavement? Losing your job? Meltdown in gravy aisle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
I have no idea when any of those cards would be appropriate to send, failing a test or exam, being dumped, not securing the lead role in that west end play, having a chronic illness diagnosed? Who wants a card then? Was he last best seller the be kind card?

Hey Jane, just a passive aggressive reminder in the form of a card to be nice to me, all the time no matter what. Love Gabbie

Reactions: 31
I wouldn't even tell someone "keep your chin up" in text form, let alone as a card for it to be displayed, so the receiver can be reminded that their life is possibly quite tit.

Reactions: 48
I'm going through bereavement right now, if I got that card it would 1000% make things worse hahahahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 60
The "uplifting" cards are such a light touch they wouldn't be appropriate for someone who was genuinely down and needed encouragement or kind words. I suppose that's where being generic doesn't work. Any sad situations that require a card call for something a bit more heartfelt like "sorry you're going through a hard time..." Etc.

Reactions: 22
In fairness at the moment people are having a tough time. A couple of my work colleagues have left nice notes with messages like that on my desk and it’s quite nice.

Reactions: 6
I honestly think "keep your chin up" is trite and offensive to anybody going through a hard time. Telling somebody how to feel (or not feel, as is the case here) is really just tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I honestly think "keep your chin up" is trite and offensive to anybody going through a hard time. Telling somebody how to feel (or not feel, as is the case here) is really just tit.
Yeah I'd prefer a generic a 'thinking of you' to that

Reactions: 32
Isn't the 'keep your chin up' her new thank you card for customers? She now has 3. And hundreds of each. Make it make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Isn't the 'keep your chin up' her new thank you card for customers? She now has 3. And hundreds of each. Make it make sense
"keep your chin up and your purses open sew I can complete my renew and mewve to a new city for my transformation tew finally be complete."

• Haha
I agree with this. I also despise the saying "stay strong" I feel like it inadvertently means you have to keep yourself together, when it reality sometimes it is okay to fall apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
“Keep your chin up” is like toxic positivity as well

It’s also insulting from literally the moodiest person I’ve ever witnessed online

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I wonder if Gabbys minions have bought cards like this for people who don’t know who she is, and they have inevitably thought wtf is this before promptly putting card in the bin

Reactions: 4
Next time she has a melt down, someone should buy her keep your chin up card and then send it back to her

• Haha
Of course, "keep your chin up" could be referring to the way she has to pose to stop her fat face looking like eight aligned planets.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I bet Jane tells Gaboon to keep her chin(s) up all the time to calm her down when the trolls are being sew mean bullies so she thinks it's a normal sentiment for someone going through a tough time

Reactions: 18
It's not, it's the 'everyday is a fresh start' card. But seriously how many does she need and why does she think her customers need them, just say thank you.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.