Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are all man haters.
To mumsnet every man is an abuser it was actually sinister how a poster would come in clearly looking to blow off steam after a petty fight with their husband. Every reply would tell the poster that their partner was abusive to leave him it was utter bonkers I had to delete my account.

Reactions: 5
Wow I’ve never really delved into Mumsnet before but I just checked out that AIBU thread and Jesus some of them are vile. Some poor woman is asking if it’s unreasonable to want her husband to check in with her and her 4 kids whilst he’s away abroad for the long weekend; the responses are essentially ‘yes you are being unreasonable, why should he be glued to his phone all the time?’

Just imagine loads of bitter old women sat at home not getting any and taking it out on a forum 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wow I’ve never really delved into Mumsnet before but I just checked out that AIBU thread and Jesus some of them are vile. Some poor woman is asking if it’s unreasonable to want her husband to check in with her and her 4 kids whilst he’s away abroad for the long weekend; the responses are essentially ‘yes you are being unreasonable, why should he be glued to his phone all the time?’

Just imagine loads of bitter old women sat at home not getting any and taking it out on a forum 😂
That’s exactly what they are like

Reactions: 4
I posted on there once, many years ago about an argument I had with my husband, and they said I was completely unreasonable, and should be lucky my husband didn't leave me. They all piled onto me to tell me how awful I was. :ROFLMAO: It was just a silly argument.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I got banned for having a point of view that didn’t fall in line with others on a particular thread. However I’d previously posted about an issue of my own and received a barrage of upsetting comments but the mods wouldn’t do anything. One rule for one and all that !

Reactions: 4
I posted on there once, many years ago about an argument I had with my husband, and they said I was completely unreasonable, and should be lucky my husband didn't leave me. They all piled onto me to tell me how awful I was. :ROFLMAO: It was just a silly argument.
it’s either your fault and he should leave you or his fault and you should chuck him out 🤣

mums-hornets-nest is hilarious 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mumsnet have four stock replies to every thread:

1) Leave the bastard aka LTB

2) That looks like sepsis

3) Log it with 101

and finally, the one that really makes me grind my teeth:

"All money is family money"

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes mumsnet is awful! I got abuse and then banned for being 'disableist' because I agreed with a someone who told a woman she shouldn't park in parent & child without a child but the woman said she has a hidden disability but no blue badge.🙄 Also as someone else mentioned the Baby centre app is just as bad! Stopped looking on there when my lb was 4 months old as its shocking

Reactions: 3
All mums boards are awful.

been told multiple times that I caused my own sons leukemia by formula feeding and by not giving him a vegan diet (really.) 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
And the assumption that everyone can afford a cleaner, go on ££££ holidays and send their children to private school.

Also, the transphobia on threads is absolutely CRAZY. They all claim to be feminists, think they need to actually google the definition of feminism before spitting out their hate comments online!!

• Heart
I was a regular mumsnetter for years.

Before I left the one piece of advice that had me furiously tapping away on my key board 😡 saying ‘don’t bloody do it’ was “show them this thread”.

The absolute worst advice ever. If there’s anything that shows one up to be slightly unhinged it’s producing a print off with musings from internet random strangers.

What I find funny is someone from Mumsnet joins here and their first post is trying to shut down the discussion, moderate and generally have a pop at members (pasted below).

So obviously they're banned as if they start of like this then no hope of having them here.

Then they write an email complaining about a dictatorship and how their sensible post was deleted and this site isn't free speach. Tattle has never been about free speach; to come and just antagonise, attack and start arguments with members. It's for like minded people that are somewhat disillusioned with infuencers, or people that love some accounts in the rave section.

am new to this site after reading about the alter ego scandal, i only joined so i could read it and be nosey.
I wasn't going to post, but after seeing so many awful messages from grown women attacking other women i just had to.
In no way do i condone what mother of daughters did, she really did go the wrong way about things. But can you not all see that you are equally as bad. I have skip read through a few threads and it is all so disheartening to see such vicious comments about your fellow community.
Not every poster here is guilty of this, bit there are quite a few who repeatedly are acting exactly the same thing clemmie hooper did, through her alias. You are all being so hypocritical.

Be kind to one another. And the old saying, if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing.....or in this case, write nothing at all.
Hopefully several of these posters will look at what mod has done and look a bit closer at their own behaviour. Just think would you want someone to be talking about you children this way and for them to see.......we live in a world of social media and so called 'influencers', so think how your words can 'influence others'

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I posted once about dv
I woke up the next morning to find my account had been blocked and my thread taken down ‘and they where taking a look behind the scenes’
not one of them got in touch to see if I was ok-in fact they denied blocking me!
im welcome back now but they can go to hell if they think I’ll make another account
i could have been in real danger and I was very vulnerable but they didn’t give a duck
it’s full of man hating oddballs who get kicks from other women’s downfalls and if you post asking for advice they attack/report you!

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Yel

Mumsnet are already pleading going broke and asking users for £4.99 a month or £49.99 a year.

It's just a bleeping message board, hardly that expensive to run like a newspaper with quality journalism. They've been coining in an absolute fortune for years after years. Just Lidl alone they had a 6 figure deal with to sell user data to and use their message board for adverts. Even with the ad rate falls just the ad's alone on the site will be making them a fortune, but not as much of a vast fortune as before. They're bleeping cheeky and greedy.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Apr-20 13:17:05
Hi folks,

First and most importantly, I hope you and yours are safe and well, and that you all stay that way.

After 20 years of unreasonableness, rofls, wtfs, advice and support, and the odd lawsuit, it's fair to say that we are as close as we’ve ever been to existential difficulty.

Like many ad-funded businesses, the COVID-19 crisis has seen us take a big hit to our revenues. The businesses who would normally pay to advertise with us are slashing their marketing budgets, but lots of our outgoings are fixed and we so need to find new ways to keep paying the bills.

We’re doing our darndest to find every single saving we can - lots of our staff have volunteered to reduce their hours, we’ve cancelled all non-essential services, I've taken a pay holiday and we will use every scheme and loan available to us from the government and the bank to help tide us over. But we still need to find alternative revenue streams to ensure we don’t run out of funds in a few months...

To put it frankly, it’s squeaky bum time.

I know this is a very tough time for many of you and some of you are only just keeping the lights on yourselves. We’re sending you our solidarity and we most certainly don’t want anyone to stump up anything they can’t afford, but if you can help, please do subscribe now to our Premium service.

We’ve banged this out as fast as possible in response to the current crisis and it’s definitely not the finished article, but it’s free of banner advertising, so if you’ve ever been vexed by those (or use an ad-blocker) this might be right up your alley. Banner ads also tend to make pages render more slowly and take up bandwidth, so if you’re surrounded by bored kids streaming with their mates, step this way.

We’ve opted for a price point that we hope is doable for most and which covers the potential lost ad revenue for the majority of users. We hope £4.99 per month or £49.99 for a year (less than a pound a week!) feels a reasonable exchange for the value Mumsnet brings you, but in any case you can unsubscribe any time.

Over the next little while we’ll look to add some extra features: things that people have requested regularly like editing, sorting posts by the OP, and reading offline.

Rest assured we remain committed to always providing a free version of the site, as we fundamentally believe that access to the advice and support Mumsnet offers should not depend on your ability to pay.

And if you can’t spare any cash right now… then of course we get it. It would still be very helpful if you removed any ad blockers or clicked on affiliate links around the site when you shop, joined our insight panel or even shared the best Mumsnet threads on your social channels whenever you can - it all helps.

If you have any questions at all feel free to post them here and I'll get back to you.

Hold tight everyone.

Love

Justine and the team at MNHQ

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Mumsnet are already pleading going broke and asking users for £4.99 a month or £49.99 a year.

It's just a bleeping message board, hardly that expensive to run like a newspaper with quality journalism. They've been coining in an absolute fortune for years after years. Just Lidl alone they had a 6 figure deal with to sell user data to and use their message board for adverts. Even with the ad rate falls just the ad's alone on the site will be making them a fortune, but not as much of a vast fortune as before. They're bleeping cheeky.
duck. That.

Reactions: 12

Yel

duck. That.
Quite.

Please help us keep the lights on and subscribe if you can afford to.

:rolleyes:

That site's been making over 2 million profit a year for a long time even after paying the owners fortunes and now it trys to milk users.
1586354580657.png

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Someone has already started a thread, about the thread, asking for money ! Most people have said no chance !!

• Haha
To be honest: I've lurked on their mental health board posting about BPD and the relationship area, but there's so many smaller projects to help out at the moment rather than help run a website that has already made tons of money. And I'd rather save the money to make small donations to a food bank and a suicide prevention charity.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.