Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really want to know if Lisa Kudrow was annoyed with Lady Gaga or whether she was doing Phoebe! Can’t work it out!

Reactions: 16
I really enjoyed it, I was smiling the whole time. I thought the celebs were unnecessary though - I didn’t need that kit Harrington person explaining the pivot scene 🙄 They could have replaced all of those celebs with guest stars and the kids who played Ben and Emma. Or even just some fans.
It was great to see that they all get along and have genuine love for the show.

I think Lisa did know about Gaga because she kept singing and didn’t seem phased by it. I think she was doing a phoebe but should’ve done Phoebes original line maybe.

Reactions: 13
I really want to know if Lisa Kudrow was annoyed with Lady Gaga or whether she was doing Phoebe! Can’t work it out!
I wondered if she was a little embarrassed at having to sing with Lady Gaga, who obviously is a professional and has an amazing voice. I don’t think Lisa is much of a singer, as it was a bit of a joke that Phoebe sucked! I wouldn’t want to have to sing with Gaga and a choir 😬

Reactions: 5
I really wanted to love it but it just felt forced and some parts were so cringe. James Corden, the celeb interviews, the weird runway show, lady googoo 🥴 just no. I think it would’ve been so much better if they did something similar to The Sopranos cast where they all sat round a table along with the writers and producers and just discussed the show in a more natural way. It was all very staged and ‘Hollywood’. Still love Friends as a show though!

Reactions: 5
I think whatever JA has had done to her face, it is very recent, perhaps in preparation for filming the reunion show, it looked so stiff. CC does not look good either, LK on the other hand, oldest but looked amazing in comparison. I feel bad commenting on their appearance, but it’s hard not to, sad that Hollywood makes women feel they need to do that to their faces.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
When friends went on netflix wasn't there murmurs about how it hadn't aged well, was homophobic etc?
Buzzfeed post regular “15 reasons Friends should be banished and never mentioned again so not to offend us woke them/they”

Reactions: 3
Buzzfeed post regular “15 reasons Friends should be banished and never mentioned again so not to offend us woke them/they”
You can't judge a show that finished being made 17 years ago by today's standards. I have such an issue with BuzzFeed and the like for this. Not just judging Friends, but lots of shows and films etc.

Write the article of 15 Ways The World Has Moved on Since Friends and acknowledge that aspects of it haven't aged well, but accept that it was made of its time with different attitudes and acceptances. But that it can still be enjoyed today, even while acknowledging those aspects that don't reflect the attitudes of today.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I wondered if she was a little embarrassed at having to sing with Lady Gaga, who obviously is a professional and has an amazing voice. I don’t think Lisa is much of a singer, as it was a bit of a joke that Phoebe sucked! I wouldn’t want to have to sing with Gaga and a choir 😬
Yeah I assumed it was meant to be Lady Gaga overshadowing Phoebe rather than overshadowing Lisa.Gaga was good but it was also slightly awkward.

Reactions: 2
All 6 of them were named as Exec Producers in the credits.. how could any of the guests be a surprise to them if that was the case?

Reactions: 8
I re watched it earlier. Not sure the crush thing seemed so genuine. Especially when they were asked where their characters are now, and Jennifer looked at David and she was like “I assumed we got married..” I just feel he over acted a bit maybe being all emotional about it.

Reactions: 3
It was fine. I felt that Matthew Perry didn't talk as much as the others and even kinda annoyed🤔

Also the "crush reveal" felt unnecessary as Ross was my least favourite character 🙈

How much of it do you think is scripted? The lady gaga scene was odd. Either Lisa is a fantastic actress (I know she is) or she really wasn’t comfortable with the whole situation
I haven’t seen it yet but I wonder if the cast knew about the celeb appearances and outline of the reunion when they signed on. I know the reunion was in the works for a while but I wasn’t expecting it to be the cast plus all these other people. Makes me think it was changed last minute but the cast had already agreed 🤔

Edit: I saw it mentioned that the cast were executive producers. I’m going to try to watch it later I’m just not keen on the format. Sounds like someone was worried about it being boring so they needed to add in the special celeb appearances and have a host.

How has the reception been in the media. Has anyone been negative?

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this but it was better than I thought it would be. I echo much of what others are saying here about how the best bits were where it was just them talking, doing the table reading, looking back at bloopers etc. I even liked seeing the guest stars but they could have done more with them.

I think I'm in love with Matt Leblanc... He seems so much fun and has aged really well. Lisa also looked amazing. Jennifer and Courtney looked dreadful, and David's cheeks seemed a bit weird. I felt so sad seeing Matthew Perry though, he was always my favourite, but he just seemed a bit bewildered and lost.

It's made me want to give the series a rewatch though, I must have seen every episode multiple times but haven't watched it for the last few years.

Reactions: 14
On my second watch I realised no one got the references to the series that Matt made at the beginning. “Was it always purple?” And “it seems smaller somehow”. As a strong fan I appreciated them. Seems like he was the only one who has watched the show! 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Matt and Lisa looked great . Matthews gnashers were very distracting. There should have been more Gunther, Janice and the Geller's. What James Corden and that major tosser Beckham were doing there is anyone's guess .

Reactions: 10