Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't think Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox looked that bad at all. They look like they've had a few tweaks but mainly that they've got a lot older. Must be hard if you'll forever be remembered for a role you had in your 20s. If anything a bit reassuring that even the most famous people with access to the best people can't defy time. Mathew Perry's teeth looked very much like influencers turkey teef.

Nice show to have on in the background, David Beckham was the lowest point.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Jen and Courtney definitely look very pillow faced. Lisa looks fab.

Matt LeBlanc always seems like a really nice guy, and I actually feel like David came across really well. I hated Ross but again he seems like a nice person. His line reading was also the best, he's still able to go into 'Ross' mode quite naturally.

Matthew Perry seemed incredibly nervous/anxious to me. He mentioned struggling in front of a live audience and tbh I think he seems uncomfortable without a character and jokes to hide behind.

Reactions: 28
I loved it, felt sad looking at Mathew Perry though, he looks like he’s lost 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I did notice, when watching old bloopers today, that Matt P very much needs the limelight with the laughter and knowing how he felt made it so much more obvious which saddened me a little. Watching them back, he always tries to get the bigger laugh on a take after someone has just fluffed up a previous one and gotten a big laugh.
I can’t hate him for it though. The humour is most certainly a front to mask a heap of insecurities. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
He seemed nervous. My heart is breaking for him now as a lot of the press seems to be focusing on how he looked. Poor bugger.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
One thing I'd never noticed till last night was the disappearing wooden beam in Monica's appartment, https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...s-reunion-wooden-beam-apartment-b1854787.html

He seemed nervous. My heart is breaking for him now as a lot of the press seems to be focusing on how he looked. Poor bugger.
I feel like he's taking the brunt of it so no-one mentions Jen Aniston's pillow cheeks and static eyes. He looked like he was breaking in new teeth, but other than that, seemed fine to me, just 17 years older.

Reactions: 14
I loved it. I thought it was good to see them altogether, I think there is genuine affection for each other and for the show. I knew more of the quotes and answers to the questions than they did though 🤣 The guests weren’t as annoying as I thought they might be although I could have done without a few of them, and would have liked to have seen a few more who were actually on it! Reese Witherspoon can do no wrong in my eyes so I’m pleased she appeared, criminal Paul Rudd didn’t!
Matthew Perry did make me sad, he just didn’t seem very well or with it. I love Matt and Lisa, think they seem the most down to earth.

I get that some of the jokes aren’t relevant or acceptable these days, but to me it’s a massive comfort blanket. When I was grieving it’s the only thing I could face watching as it was familiar and I knew no one would die or get cancer. I don’t think you can underestimate the impact it’s had on some people. The numbers for streaming are crazy. Two of my teenage nieces love it now, which is mad really when you think I first watched it, week by week, when I was their age!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I loved it. I thought it was good to see them altogether, I think there is genuine affection for each other and for the show. I knew more of the quotes and answers to the questions than they did though 🤣 The guests weren’t as annoying as I thought they might be although I could have done without a few of them, and would have liked to have seen a few more who were actually on it! Reese Witherspoon can do no wrong in my eyes so I’m pleased she appeared, criminal Paul Rudd didn’t!
Matthew Perry did make me sad, he just didn’t seem very well or with it. I love Matt and Lisa, think they seem the most down to earth.

I get that some of the jokes aren’t relevant or acceptable these days, but to me it’s a massive comfort blanket. When I was grieving it’s the only thing I could face watching as it was familiar and I knew no one would die or get cancer. I don’t think you can underestimate the impact it’s had on some people. The numbers for streaming are crazy. Two of my teenage nieces love it now, which is mad really when you think I first watched it, week by week, when I was their age!
Totally agree with you! It’s my comfort blanket, you know what’s coming and it always gives you a laugh. I don’t think it’s aged badly at all tbh, it’s pretty PG anyway.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree with you! It’s my comfort blanket, you know what’s coming and it always gives you a laugh. I don’t think it’s aged badly at all tbh, it’s pretty PG anyway.
It’s not a diverse cast and some of the episodes (like the male nanny one) just haven’t stood the test of time. I am not offended personally by anything in it but I get that people could be.
What annoys me more is when people say it’s overrated - hate the term overrated. If a lot of people like something and you don’t, it’s not because it’s overrated it’s because you have different tastes 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Are Jen and David both single right now becauseeeeeee that’s gonna need to happen

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The woman who played Carol, Jane Sibbett, was talking to Lorraine this morning and she looks really well. I wonder why she wasn’t part of the reunion show (I didn’t watch the whole Lorraine interview so I don’t know if she mentioned why)

Reactions: 5
I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. It felt very forced to me. I also wasn't really sure on how, if they're all so close and best pals and will always pick up the phone, they were all hugging and crying as if they literally hadn't seen each other since the show ended? I wouldn't find it weird if that had been true either, it's more that if they were truly close surely they'd see each other more frequently. The cosmetic work, sorry to say, is horrific. David Schwimmer I have no idea what he's done to himself. Lisa Kudrow and Matt LeBlanc looked so much better/more natural. I understand there must be huge amounts of pressure in their industry to look young, but I didn't actually think any of them looked young - just a bit freaky. It's a huge shame they feel the need to do all that, I found it pretty distracting tbh.
I really liked the parts where the read the scripts again. It was sweet how quickly they all went back into character, I do think it's obvious the show meant a lot to them.

Reactions: 9
Just starting to watch it now.

How have I never noticed before that they removed the beam/pillar thing at the front of the set of Monica's apartment somewhere in the show? I can't be the only person who has never noticed it disappeared somewhere along the 10 series.

And loved that Lisa and Matt both commented on it reappearing for the reunion. Just love that they still remember those little details after all these years.

Reactions: 3
Omg I've always noticed that the moved that beam 😂 did they mention that episode where is it Monica, maybe Rachel blatantly changes character to a stunt double

I'm off to watch it now 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 4
One thing I'd never noticed till last night was the disappearing wooden beam in Monica's appartment, https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...s-reunion-wooden-beam-apartment-b1854787.html
I remembered the disappearing beam. It featured prominently in the “Monica bang” episode where Monica accidentally bangs Ben’s head against it whilst she’s babysitting him with Rachel.

A couple of notable things about the reunion: how the girls forgot Mr Heckles name and how David Schwimmer didn’t remember the episode where they were throwing the ball without dropping it. It was Ross & Joey who started it so they were the ones throwing it the longest before the others started joining in one by one. Everyone else remembered it apart from David

If they’re not regular watchers like us fans then it’s not surprising they forget some episodes. If my life was filmed and I hadn’t watched the footage back and you asked me to remember an incident from 25 years ago, I probably wouldn’t remember it either

Reactions: 8
It’s not a diverse cast and some of the episodes (like the male nanny one) just haven’t stood the test of time. I am not offended personally by anything in it but I get that people could be.
What annoys me more is when people say it’s overrated - hate the term overrated. If a lot of people like something and you don’t, it’s not because it’s overrated it’s because you have different tastes 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think it’s difficult to hold older tv shows to today’s standards especially when society keeps telling us we should be offended by something. Some things are not going to hold up well but I don’t think we should begrudge people for still enjoying it. Instead maybe see it as a way that tv has evolved.

Even with some cringe dialogue it is still my all time favorite show. The acting, particularly facial expressions and show of emotion, is second to none in my opinion. The second episode of the two parter where Ross cheats on Rachel always makes me cry. You can feel how upset Rachel is about him cheating. Jennifer and David did a fantastic job in that episode.

I also don’t like that people say it’s overrated simply because they have different tastes in shows. Or Friends vs Seinfeld war where you’re considered basic if you like Friends but cultured if you prefer Seinfeld

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I also don’t like that people say it’s overrated simply because they have different tastes in shows. Or Friends vs Seinfeld war where you’re considered basic if you like Friends but cultured if you prefer Seinfeld
Same! I love Friends and Seinfeld equally. Though I grew up with Friends and watched Seinfeld fairly recently, I probably wouldn't have appreciated it when I was a teenager.

Reactions: 1