Friends Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get it, I’m so far from that world it’s ridiculous. I’m not sure why it would ever be implied I’d be disgruntled rather than someone who is merely expressing an honest opinion about how poor this reunion fiasco was, yes the production was ok but the content was weak as hell. I was a casual viewer of ‘friends’ not a diehard fan....this show was not for me.

So which part did you audition for (and didn't get)?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I loved it. There's bits I didn't like (Lady Gaga), bits that could have been different (longer chats with Tom Selleck and James Michael Taylor). But overall it was good, left me feeling good ❤

I loved the bit about David and Jennifer

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Overall I loved it and it was great to see the quiz and the table reads.

I would have liked to have seen more of the extra characters like Mike, the parents etc.

I've always thought Jennifer was stunning. She's had too much filler so now when she laughs her eyes close up. I wish she would have stayed a bit more natural - the same with Courtney.

Agree about not having another episode as all the good news stories would be unravelled.

Reactions: 18
It was odd seeing the set that way! They all look very plastic except Joey.

I didn't think Jen read her lines as well as the others. She isn't Rachel anymore. It must have been really hard for her, when she left she was looking forward to starting a fam and one half of Hollywood's golden couple. I don't think there has been a couple quite like them since.
I’m pretty sure she didn’t want kids and that was a factor in brad going elsewhere

What has Jennifer Aniston done to her face? She looked fine until recently and now it’s just really old looking!

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would!
She looks amazing!

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed it as a passable 2 hours, I just didn’t feel like the interview bit with James Corden was necessary, nor was the fashion show or Lady Gaga singing. I liked just seeing them together talking and the little stories (like when Matt Le Blanc dislocated his shoulder!) - I would have really liked a much less Hollywood type thing and had it just be about the 6 actors, the creators and little pop ins from guest stars. Where was Paul Rudd!?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes! I was waiting for Lisa to say “Too much.” after Gaga finished squawking, the way she did to Chrissy Hynde.
Ok now this is going to make me watch it 😆

I've got very low expectations going in with Corden presenting essentially what's an ad for a streaming platform

Where was Paul Rudd!?
It would have been AMAZING if he'd walked in instead of Lady Gaga to play Smelly Cat with Phoebe.

This quote is allover the internet:

Screenshot 2021-05-28 08.50.51 (1).png

They could fit in David Beckham and Justin Bieber though eh? Very odd. He was in 17 episodes and the spouse of a main character, I guess either he wasn't asked or he didn't want to take the limelight from them, this quote is also with every article about the reunion:

“Everybody was very nice, but I never could quite get over the fact that I was sitting in Central Perk, and I just really didn’t want to get in the way. I knew no one was tuning in for Mike Hannigan, so I was like, ‘Oh wow, I’m just going to sit back and kind of observe and enjoy this ride.’”

Still a shame though!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Honestly l don't think Jennifer is attractive now. How face has been ruined with fillers.

Reactions: 17
Might have to watch in 4k sat within a meter of the screen with all these comments on cosmetic work

• Haha
Tips for anyone who yet has to watch it... first of all James corden isn’t that bad as he doesn’t make it all about him, however, he seems to SHOUT EVERYTHING...
Hit the fast forward during the lady gaga segment (I’m still mortified 😬)
FF the table readings... (unnecessary)
FF the vt guests (unless you are interested in beckhams fave episode)
FF the cringe fashion show featuring bieber, cara delivigne and cindy Crawford (again, unnecessary)
Other than that it was enjoyable 😊

Reactions: 9
When friends went on netflix wasn't there murmurs about how it hadn't aged well, was homophobic etc?

When friends went on netflix wasn't there murmurs about how it hadn't aged well, was homophobic etc?
There was, but when you sit and watch it, it’s hardly outrageously offensive. It was deemed to be homophobic and not diverse enough amongst other things. But that wasn’t how things were at the time. I felt that uproar was part of the cancel culture mentality that we seem to be in right now. Things were different 25-30 years ago. That doesn’t make it ok, but I also don’t think everything pre 2015 should be cancelled just because folks seem so desperate to find offence in every little thing these days. 🙄 If the show was made now it would be different. Every box would have to be ticked so as not to upset anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just finished watching on catch up, did enjoy it, did cry! The smelly cat/Lady Gaga thing went on far too long, and the cosmetic work is disturbing, they look like they can't blink properly.

Last edited:
The show hasn't aged that well just in terms of entertainment imo. Where as something like Frasier is still just as good these days.

Plus the remaster to hd and the aggressive crop to widescreen makes it feel a bit off.

Friends has been such a big part of my life so glad they did the reunion, even if bits were awkward. The ones who have had work done look so much older than they actually are.
The David and Jennifer thing...really liked that, wouldn't be suprised if they got together now.
The whole thing has made me really aware of my own mortality.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Friends has been such a big part of my life so glad they did the reunion, even if bits were awkward. The ones who have had work done look so much older than they actually are.
The David and Jennifer thing...really liked that, wouldn't be suprised if they got together now.
The whole thing has made me really aware of my own mortality.
I agree. I can’t believe Monica & Phoebe are almost 60. It made me feel weird and sad. I have no idea why!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Funny bit from The Guardian:

Lots to unpack here, and all of it dismal. Did you know that Kit Harington sees himself as a Monica? Did you know that David Beckham also sees himself as a Monica? Did you know that the actor who played Mr Heckles was going to cameo, but not before suffering the indignation of realising that the entire primary cast of Friends had forgotten the name of his character? Did you want to see Elliott Gould – Elliott Gould, for crying out loud! – relegated to a seat in the audience? Did you want to see Gunther appear on Zoom, in a Central Perk hat, saying nothing of interest at all? Did you want to see the members of BTS say “We love Friends” in unison? Or several members of the public wildly overstate their enjoyment of Friends? Or Malala being described by her best friend as “100% Joey with a hint of Phoebe”, while simultaneously giving off the impression that she doesn’t actually like Friends very much? Of course you didn’t, but here it was anyway. However, did you wait for over 90 minutes to see Paul Rudd turn up, and then realise that he wasn’t going to appear, and then wonder what on earth happened between him and the cast of Friends? Yes. Yes you did. Never mind.

Justin Bieber dressed up as a big potato. Justin Bieber, who has no connection to Friends, tangible or otherwise, took up time on a Friends reunion show by dressing up as a big potato, talking up and down for a bit and pulling a funny face. This wasn’t just bad. This was the death of entertainment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thanks for sharing that! Very funny!! I wouldn’t have even recognised Gunther. And Elliot Gould in an uncomfy audience seat hahah so insulting