Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tea_Time_12

I love Friends. It’s the only show that I can re-watch over and over again. I still laugh even though I’ve seen the episodes countless times.

I’d rather the reunion be the cast and the lead writers, producers, etc. I want to see the cast reminiscing and the writers and/or producers talking about how they decided the directions for each character to go in particularly the later seasons.

As much as I love the show I don’t think I’ll watch the reunion. The cast did a ton of press and interviews during the final season. They were everywhere. I’m not sure what new information we’ll be getting with the reunion.

Not a fan of the celebrity guests. I don’t want to see Corden. How much did Becks pay to be involved? All the guests take away from the main reason for the reunion. The cast of Friends are the guests!!!

Reactions: 17

Lilys

Chatty Member
Friends has been such a big part of my life so glad they did the reunion, even if bits were awkward. The ones who have had work done look so much older than they actually are.
The David and Jennifer thing...really liked that, wouldn't be suprised if they got together now.
The whole thing has made me really aware of my own mortality.
I agree. I can’t believe Monica & Phoebe are almost 60. It made me feel weird and sad. I have no idea why!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don’t believe the dental work story, he’s been so troubled for years it’s sad to see.

One thing I’ve always wondered was -
what was David Beckham’s favourite episode. Yeah me neither.
Friends reunion, featuring the most annoying brits in the world. 😐

• Haha
  • Sad
Just watched it I really enjoyed it just like watching friends normally easy light hearted programme to watch.

I agree with Matthew Perry but couldn’t tell if he didn’t like being interviewed etc as he seemed better when it was just the 6 of them onset compared to them sat with James cordon.

The Ross and Rachel revelation blew my mind. I must be in the minority but I thought Jen Aniston looked good you can tell she’s had work but looks good for her age. Lisa looked amazing too

Just off to watch some friends now

Dipdab

VIP Member
Was excited until I saw the line up!! What the heck does David beckham have to do with friends???

Baconbutties

VIP Member
I thought the lady gaga bit should have been a re-do of the episode where Phoebe’s rival gets Smelly Cat recorded with a label. Instead it was Gaga showing off and Lisa Kudrow looking a bit annoyed and cringed out...

I agree the guests stars were quite crap and just seemed like James Corden’s friends.
I had to fast forward the Gaga bit as it made me cringe so much.

• Haha

Buswanker

I’ve rewatched it since and the celeb cameos still irritate me - ha!
I’d like to have seen any of the following. Even if they were just quick video messages. Rather have seen any of these over the pointless celebs.
Mike
Carol
Susan
Charlie
Janine (Elle McPherson instead of Cindy Crawford would’ve been more relevant)
Tag
Winona Ryder
Bruce Willis
Hank Azaria
Cathy
Frank Jnr Jnr
Julia Roberts
Christina Applegate
Kathleen Turner
Chandler’s mom (I forget her name)
Rachel’s mom
Jon Favereu since he was in a couple of episodes.
Hell, I’d have even been more accepting of Helen Baxendale. Lol.
They had such a massive list of people to choose from.
I thought they might have done an “in memory” for Rachel’s dad. Or did I miss that?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

L2M2

I really want to know if Lisa Kudrow was annoyed with Lady Gaga or whether she was doing Phoebe! Can’t work it out!

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I loved it bar James Corden hosting - he just wasn't the right fit for it. Could have had a plethora of one of the regular guest stars host or an American host linked somehow. Would have been nice for the children to have been guests too!
Aisha Tyler would have been a good shout as host. She currently hosts the American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway and she has a connection with the show as she played Charlie, Ross & Joey’s girlfriend, in Season 9/10

• Heart

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I can't wait for this, cried watching the trailer 😭 Hate James Corden so I feel like that's what it'll ruin it, plus as pp said, there's alot of pointless celebrities.

I grew up watching Friends and when it ended I got the Dvds for Christmas and I watched them back to back non stop for years. I'm that sad act that can name the episode from one line and pretty much know each episode word for word 😭😂. As much as I'd want new episodes, I don't think it'd work in today's world and is best kept as just the interview.

I can't bloody wait!

Vee6

VIP Member
Why is David Beckham giving his twopenth? Matthew Perry is barely speaking, very awkard.
I don't want to get old!!

• Heart
There was a lot of missed opportunities and things they missed out! I did enjoy it though

Lisa Kudrow looked annoyed when Lady Gaga was singing with her, i wasn't sure if she was acting as Phoebe or not ?

Matt Le Blanc seems really nice

openbook1

VIP Member
It is sad about Matthew Perry, he had his addiction for years... it is possible he just has damage from that, not that he is using again. Drugs often fry people's brains.
Or perhaps he was on an anti anxiety med or something.

• Sad

Buswanker

I did notice, when watching old bloopers today, that Matt P very much needs the limelight with the laughter and knowing how he felt made it so much more obvious which saddened me a little. Watching them back, he always tries to get the bigger laugh on a take after someone has just fluffed up a previous one and gotten a big laugh.
I can’t hate him for it though. The humour is most certainly a front to mask a heap of insecurities. 😔

• Sad

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
What do we think?, excited?

I'm not sure to be honest, loved Friends, but would have preferred to see a reunion of the characters, not the actors reminiscing with celebrity guests.

Reactions: 15