Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tots

VIP Member
I want to hang out with Matt le Blanc and Lisa Kudrow, Matt was so funny and laid back and oozed happiness and contentment! He also looks like he’d give you the greatest bear hug ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

privac890

Matthew Perry seemed absolutely out of it I found it hard to watch the original scenes they were showing and then see him like that 😐😐

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Lalla

VIP Member
Just watching it now, and enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Matt Le Blanc seems like such a nice guy. He reminds me of all the Italian uncles in my family, albeit he's significantly better looking 😂😂😂

It's such a warning against having plastic surgery, Lisa (who's either had less, or no work done) looks better now than Jen and Courteney. That said they all look pretty good considering they're well into their 50s.

• Heart

Instashamous

Yes I watched it on Sky One this morning and really enjoyed it. The guest stars, who a lot of people were dreading (the ones with no prior connection with the show) were inserted into the show really well. Matthew P though is clearly not well. A guy on This Morning said that Matthew had dental surgery not long before filming which may explain, for me, how his mouth didn’t seem right and was less talkative than the others and slightly slurry when he did speak.
I’m not sure why media keep trying to explain it away as something it’s not; Matthew has quite openly had some serious addiction issues; it’s unsurprising to me that 20+ years of abuse has left some long term effects. Hopefully he’s feeling good now, he seems like a really sincere and kind man with a few demons.

I was relieved that there was far less James Corden than I was led to believe- much better than I expected as a result!

• Heart

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
It was nice and I loved seeing all 6 of them coming together and talking. I felt Matthew was distant though. The audience segment and Corden weren’t needed at all. Neither were the celeb guests. The less said about the Lady Gaga bit the better. Did like hearing about the real life Ross and Rachel crush though. If they had got rid of Corden and all that nonsense they could have spent more time on the actual guest stars from Friends. Poor Gunther for 30 seconds on zoom. Poor Jack and Judy. Poor Janice! There was so much potential but there wasn’t time with the unnecessary filler. Lisa looked amazing! But I am head of heels for Matt. He seems like the nicest fella. He was so happy to be there and was so laid back and funny I just love him and want to give him a hug 🤗

Reactions: 20

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Didn’t love the guest spots like the ‘around the globe’ with fans saying how much they loved the show 🤷‍♀️

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Just watched the trailer, Jen Aniston's face, she's always been very subtle with any work, but I did think it's starting to show and look a little messed with.

• Sad

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I really enjoyed it tbh, but didn't understand the cameos from random stars, it wasn't necessary. Why not have some video clips with memories from the actors who played Frank Jnr, Carol and Susan, Ben...? Or even Winona Ryder, Ben Stiller, Jeff Goldblum, Anna Faris, Danny DeVito! They had Joey's hand twin but not Phoebe's husband?! It was just Cordon's mates and for some reason David Beckham.

It was quite sad when Courtney said she was crying not laughing, because you genuinely cannot tell with the amount of surgery she has had. I think Matthew did well, he still went and did it, that must have been so difficult for him (I remember seeing an interview with Graham Norton maybe 10 years ago where he was also slurring in the same way so it seems to be just how he has been affected after addiction issues). Lisa looked embarrassed af when the singers came into Central Perk to join with Lady Gaga :ROFLMAO: (it was better with just Lisa surely, it was about Phoebe not Lady Gaga).

Last edited:

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I loved it. There's bits I didn't like (Lady Gaga), bits that could have been different (longer chats with Tom Selleck and James Michael Taylor). But overall it was good, left me feeling good ❤

I loved the bit about David and Jennifer

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Buswanker

I’m a huge fan. It has gotten me through some awful times in my life (started watching in 1997 when I was 10) and for that I’ll be forever thankful. The first four minutes or so had me in tears. It was like seeing your real old friends again as sad as that sounds.
Would’ve preferred just the cast, Bright, Kauffman, Crane, the support cast and people actually involved. There was no need for James Corden (who I’m not a fan of) or the celebrities explaining why they’re fans. As fans we’re not interested.
The table reads, the stories and seeing them together on that set was amazing though. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Tea_Time_12

I wish they'd been asked more questions and had a chance to speak some more.
That was the worst part of it for me. You could tell they had a strict time limit but they took up time with useless celebrity cameos. We didn’t need a drama school explanation of the pivot scene from Kit Harrington. Anyone learning a language uses sitcoms and other tv shows to learn a language (like all the BTS fans who watch Korean shows to learn Korean). It was rude to try to upstage Lisa with Lady Gaga. Not only with the signing but also guitar playing. Just have Lisa sing Smelly Cat and some of the other songs. David Beckham doing anything to stay relevant is cringe. I agree with other posters that it was Corden and (his) Friends.

Meanwhile The Gellars couldn’t even get on stage and Gunther was zoomed in for all of 2 minutes? Also the cuts from the live portion to the pre-recorded set talks and script reading were jarring.

I’m glad I watched it but once is enough. It’s not something I’m going to seek out to watch after I finish a series rewatch.

Reactions: 18

Vee6

VIP Member
Friends has been such a big part of my life so glad they did the reunion, even if bits were awkward. The ones who have had work done look so much older than they actually are.
The David and Jennifer thing...really liked that, wouldn't be suprised if they got together now.
The whole thing has made me really aware of my own mortality.

• Heart

Pixie06

VIP Member
Yeah surely Chandler has to be the genuine wittiest of them all. The rest just have situations happen to them, but all the funny intellect came from Chandler.
Also when I re watched them I found Ross much funnier than I remember.

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I loved it. I wish theyd cut out the bits eith BTS, Beckham ect and had the likes of Paul Rudd or the Dylan and Cole Sprouse who played Ben.

I love Matt LeBlanc, his laugh when he was reading what he put on the stage set on the last day was so funny!

Im hoping Courtney is wrong and they'll be back in 2024 for the 30th anniversary 🤞🏻

Dak1988

Chatty Member
Just finished watching, absolutely loved it! I wasn’t expecting much and initially I was disappointed it wasn’t an actual episode but I’m so glad it wasn’t. It was so nice to see the friendship between them and the bloopers cracked me up.
i wasn’t looking forward to the added celebs at first but they didn’t have massive over powering parts so I enjoyed how it was just about the six. I wonder where Paul Rudd was though?

• Heart

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Friends is a bit of an obsession of mine so I was nervous and excited about this. Plus points i loved seeing them visiting the set again and how emotional they were just to be in each other’s company. I also enjoyed hearing from Bright/ Kauffman/ Crane and their insights. I didn’t like all the added filler from other “stars” it doesn’t need anyone else bar the cast for me, they tried to Hollywood it up but IMO it didn’t need it. I wanted to hear more from Matthew Perry he didn’t look at all comfortable being there, but I appreciate him doing it as there would have been no point of one of them wasn’t there. I was a bit floored by the Ross and Rachel real life news I won’t spoil it, but didn’t see that at all! Overall I’m happy we got to see them sitting down together again I just hoped it would have been in a different format, and with someone else than Corden i don't feel he pulled that much out of them! Matt le Blanc hasn't changed a bit and was so lovely to see. Pleased i watched it but equally pleased i can stick a few episodes and go back in time to the very best of them.

• Heart

Bexybest

Overall I loved it and it was great to see the quiz and the table reads.

I would have liked to have seen more of the extra characters like Mike, the parents etc.

I've always thought Jennifer was stunning. She's had too much filler so now when she laughs her eyes close up. I wish she would have stayed a bit more natural - the same with Courtney.

Agree about not having another episode as all the good news stories would be unravelled.