Friends (or lack of) #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how many here are absolutely totally alone? (No shade) but many posts I see have partners etc. I literally have nowt - no partner, parents, grandparents family etc so just wanted to see how many were in my boat? (So I don't feel like I'm sinking completely alone...)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I do wonder how many here are absolutely totally alone? (No shade) but many posts I see have partners etc. I literally have nowt - no partner, parents, grandparents family etc so just wanted to see how many were in my boat? (So I don't feel like I'm sinking completely alone...)
I'm a single mum. I speak (well, message lol) to one of the mums from my youngests baby group but she lives over a hour away and haven't actually seen her for maybe 5 or 6 years. My mum is local but we don't really get on and my dad I see around twice a year. The rest of my family I'm not sure they remember I exist 🤣
I'm out of work atm so not around anyone in the day. Will sometimes have a very brief hi how are you with 1 or 2 parents at school pick up but that's not often. My youngest will be at secondary next year so the only time I'll see people will be food shopping and parents evenings.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can relate, I’m a single mum to a teenager, I don’t have a partner, I have parents who I am close with but as I’ve always been really independent I have never have relied on them
for anything, I have a brother and a sister but we are like chalk & cheese personality, they are also very selfish people and seem to have forgotten I exist 🙁 I guess I have always been the black sheep of the family as I’m the only single one which makes me feel like crap! I have work colleagues who I talk to fairly regularly but I rarely meet up with anyone, I guess I am lone ranger but I just don’t put myself out there as I have been constantly rejected in the past ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 6
am a single mother in my 30s haven't got any friends, glad I found this thread as I always think its just me who has no friends

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a husband, I have a 'friend' who lives abroad, who has actually just pissed me off big time tonight, I've known her for years, and she keeps upsetting me but I keep going back, but in reality she knows nothing about my everyday life, hers is always more worst, or more important. But apart from that, yep I'm alone, no family check in, no friends, so yes, I'm alone most of the time

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey lonely peeps, I'm here to join the train. I have my daughter who is 4, no partner, no friends who check in. I do have my parents but my dad lives in Spain so rarely see him/speak to him and my mum works full time so I see her every other weekend or so for an hour or 2. I don't speak to anyone, after my divorce in 2019 I became such a hermit I honestly don't think I could ever have a friendship circle again. I work remotely too (just how I like it lol). I do hate it, sometimes I wish I had some company of an evening while watching tv, or someone to grab a coffee with/have play dates with.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I think it’s very easy to have partners/family and still feel very lonely. Sometimes the proximity of people who are meant to make you feel like you belong/loved can make you feel even lonelier.

Reactions: 13
I’m loving the inspirational posts about doing things alone :)
So much so, that I’ve decided the next time something is on at my local theatre that I want to see, I’m going alone.
OH would always come with me, and often does, but sometimes it’s clear that what we’re seeing isn’t his thing.
And I have acquaintances that I do social stuff with, but it’s such a headache when anything is being organised, and sometimes spending time with them doesn’t make me feel relaxed ( I think I’ve said this before, but the older we get, the more some of us engage in a peeing contest about what they’ve spent their OH’s money on - yes it is that bad 😬)
So yes; I’m going to the theatre alone asap 😂
I’ll report back when I’ve done it!
Just be warned... some venues don't let you leave a single ticket, so you have to buy a pair. Sometimes someone will have bought 3 seats together and there will be an odd one ticket, but if not, depending on the venue you might have to buy two.
Annoys me like anything!

• Sad
Just be warned... some venues don't let you leave a single ticket, so you have to buy a pair. Sometimes someone will have bought 3 seats together and there will be an odd one ticket, but if not, depending on the venue you might have to buy two.
Annoys me like anything!
Wow! Yes, that’s very annoying!

Reactions: 2
Annoys me like anything!
I've felt like this when asking for a table at cafe bar place over lunchtime.

I am.
- I literally have 0 friends.
- No partner.
- No mentor or anything of the sort.

Just today I got ghosted by someone on Bubble BFF.

I have 2 sisters and a brother who live abroad but we don’t speak everyday.

My grandparents have all passed. My dad passed. My mother is complex, so interactions are limited. I don’t have any relationship with my extended family and never have.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am.
- I literally have 0 friends.
- No partner.
- No mentor or anything of the sort.

Just today I got ghosted by someone on Bubble BFF.

I have 2 sisters and a brother who live abroad but we don’t speak everyday.

My grandparents have all passed. My dad passed. My mother is complex, so interactions are limited. I don’t have any relationship with my extended family and never have.
Ghosting someone on an app meant for starting friendships is lower than the low. You did not deserve that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bumped into one of the mums from my youngests previous primary school, had a very quick (no more than a min lol) chat which was nice. They went off into their kids gym club while I waited for my daughter to come out of dance and I noticed another girl and her mum from her previous school also went in.
There was only 5 in the class, my daughter, 3 girls and a boy. All but 1 has moved to different schools. Feel really down that the other 3 girls all obviously keep in regular contact with each other except for us 😔

• Sad
Bumped into one of the mums from my youngests previous primary school, had a very quick (no more than a min lol) chat which was nice. They went off into their kids gym club while I waited for my daughter to come out of dance and I noticed another girl and her mum from her previous school also went in.
There was only 5 in the class, my daughter, 3 girls and a boy. All but 1 has moved to different schools. Feel really down that the other 3 girls all obviously keep in regular contact with each other except for us 😔
If it's any consolation, I've been there too. I'm autistic and a mum I was friendly with during the primary school years had a leaving do meal invited everyone bar me. I found the photos on FB.

There's little or no mixing with other parents at secondary level though. I don’t mind at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
My daughter goes to dance classes, has done for a couple of years now, and none of the parents have ever spoken to me, smiled at me, anything. Yet they all hang out together 🙄

• Angry
If it's any consolation, I've been there too. I'm autistic and a mum I was friendly with during the primary school years had a leaving do meal invited everyone bar me. I found the photos on FB.

There's little or no mixing with other parents at secondary level though. I don’t mind at all.
I just feel so bad that my kids are having the same with friends. We did preschool through to the beginning of year 5 and with it being a such a small class they were a close group.
Yea my eldest is at secondary, she gets the bus so don't see any parents.

My daughter goes to dance classes, has done for a couple of years now, and none of the parents have ever spoken to me, smiled at me, anything. Yet they all hang out together 🙄
Our last ballet school was so lovely but the teacher retired, I really miss it there. The girls have done acro at another school for 3 years and none of the mums talk to me there. Then the youngest started jazz at another school in sept and none talk to me there either.
The lady I spoke to today was from our old primary school, I bump into her sometimes as the gym in next door

• Heart