Four Lives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something else that was off, with the first killing when Port reported finding the body he said to the guy on the phone he was driving away so couldn't remember the flat number etc. But then he says he discovered the body outside his flat and went on in to sleep.
Yep, he didn't think that one through. Though he did get charged for perverting the course of justice for that.

Reactions: 1
Just finished watching it this evening. Really well written and acted series highlighting a ridiculous catalogue of errors and disinterest by the police. You don't need to be Columbo to think you should look into a suicide note that states don't blame the last man I was with because he had nothing to do with it.
That part was almost laughable (if it wasn’t so sad) it was so blantant! It reminded me of the episode in Friends where phoebe leaves that voicemail pretending to be a pigeon saying ‘don’t blame the nice lady for dropping the lottery tickets’. Cannot believe the police were like ‘ok then can’t be him’!

Reactions: 8
I've been looking for a thread on this show - thought it was really good - I could barely stand to watch the police incompetence though. Agree the faked suicide note was ridiculous ("don't blame the guy I was with last night, he had nothing to do with it") and then that man's partner and parents being led to believe he might have killed another man!! :mad:

Just watched the doc follow up and good heavens, I can’t express how much rage and sadness I feel. How did the police not join the dots? How can they be so detached and lacking compassion?

What I am finding hard to get my head around is the fact that he can watch this in a sick voyeur way. I read up about him and he was caught having sex with Britain’s most prolific pedophile and also was discussing how Stephen Merchant should not be playing him as they look nothing alike.
Urgh, that's horrific. I think the tv show did a good job of focusing on the victims and their families and not the grizzly aspect but someone as sick as that will get a certain amount of gratification for the attention which is grim.

Reactions: 2
The police attitudes towards the family was shocking :mad: I didn't know about the case but knew it was based on a real life crime. I was shocked to find out this was quite recent. I had a little cry at the end. The real life footage of Sarah at the graduation :cry:

Reactions: 4
The police attitudes towards the family was shocking :mad: I didn't know about the case but knew it was based on a real life crime. I was shocked to find out this was quite recent. I had a little cry at the end. The real life footage of Sarah at the graduation :cry:
I cried at the clip of Sarah collecting Anthony's degree.....

Reactions: 6
I cried at the clip of Sarah collecting Anthony's degree.....
In the documentary she shows a room in her house where she has all his stuff that the Police took and then kept for ages. When she got it back a lot of it was mouldy.

Reactions: 3
In the documentary she shows a room in her house where she has all his stuff that the Police took and then kept for ages. When she got it back a lot of it was mouldy.
I know I saw that too - all 4 families were let down so badly - the police involved should be absolutely ashamed of themselves... if Jack's sisters didn't push it he could of carried on his depraved and disgusting behaviour.....

Reactions: 1
I know I saw that too - all 4 families were let down so badly - the police involved should be absolutely ashamed of themselves... if Jack's sisters didn't push it he could of carried on his depraved and disgusting behaviour.....
In a way I feel the drama should have been more about how Jack's sister basically solved the case but I can understand them wanting to show all the families but it was billed as Sheridan Smith being the star of the show when in fact I felt Jack's sisters deserved the bigger storyline.

Do you know what the documentary is called please? I can’t seem to find it 🤷🏼‍♀️

It's always the dog walkers.
The documentaries are great too and that lady is interviewed.
BBC did good here.
I hadn’t heard of the case until this programme so will be looking to watch the documentary too.

the angrer I felt watching about how rubbish the police were!

I hadn’t heard of the case until this programme so will be looking to watch the documentary too.

the angrer I felt watching about how rubbish the police were!
Those men and their families were failed.
I hadn't read or watched anything until I saw the TV show either. Shocking really.

Just been announced, the police are going to be investigated again about how they dealt with the case.

So pleased, all involved were so let down

Reactions: 7