Food prices in aldi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we talk about the food prices in aldi!!!
Im sure the cheese used to be £1.79 now its £2.79!!!! WTF

Reactions: 8
Can we talk about the food prices in aldi!!!
Im sure the cheese used to be £1.79 now its £2.79!!!! WTF
Yeah it's so bad they just keep going up and up still in my opinion if supermarkets are still putting stuff up its pure greed now and I notice at aldi especially it doesn't go up by 5 or 10p either it's like 50p at a time it's crazy

Reactions: 16
So glad you've started this whenever its mentioned on Facebook the Aldi cult are like a pack of rabid Chihuahuas nipping the ankles of anyone that dares question it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Frozen veg lidl last year was 59p a bag. Now its £1.29.
Cheaper in Sainsburys.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I've noticed that the price differences aren't all that big between aldi and sainsbury's now.

I've noticed that the price differences aren't all that big between aldi and sainsbury's now.
I stick to Sainsbury’s as there’s more choice and I get the nectar rewards offers by shopping using the SmartShop app. It gives discounts on items you buy frequently. Some weeks you benefit and make more savings than others, but I really rate it overall.

Reactions: 9
Yeah it's so bad they just keep going up and up still in my opinion if supermarkets are still putting stuff up its pure greed now and I notice at aldi especially it doesn't go up by 5 or 10p either it's like 50p at a time it's crazy
I know!! An 50p in nearly every item is a pure joke.
---
So glad you've started this whenever its mentioned on Facebook the Aldi cult are like a pack of rabid Chihuahuas nipping the ankles of anyone that dares question it 😂
Omg they need to get a grip, the price increases are bad! Clearly they are all loaded an don't care about the cost of living lol
---
Marks an Spencers prices are sometimes cheaper than aldi with the way they are going

I was browsing my Lidl app yesterday and having a look at what prices I was paying for food (and plants) this time last year... Its gone up by quite a lot! 😭

Reactions: 4
Yes prices are definitely rapidly rising in Aldi to the point its not really cheaper to shop there over anywhere else, and the quality of there fresh produce is actually quite bad at times and they don't rotate stock properly either the amount of times I've picked something up and it's out of date.
I'm back off to tesco

Not only do they shove prices up I'm sure your paying so much more for less now like the loo rolls jumped up when it was £1.99 for yonks I want to say for a good 6 months never went up in a week it went up to £2.25 I was shocked and that rolls definitely aren't lasting me half as long as they used too

Reactions: 5
Yes prices are definitely rapidly rising in Aldi to the point its not really cheaper to shop there over anywhere else, and the quality of there fresh produce is actually quite bad at times and they don't rotate stock properly either the amount of times I've picked something up and it's out of date.
I'm back off to tesco
This is the thing isn't it? if they keep hiking up the prices they will be as expensive as the other big four so there will be no need to shop there anymore. There skin of fries used to be 89p they are now £1.79!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Not only do they shove prices up I'm sure your paying so much more for less now like the loo rolls jumped up when it was £1.99 for yonks I want to say for a good 6 months never went up in a week it went up to £2.25 I was shocked and that rolls definitely aren't lasting me half as long as they used too
Oh I know!!! Or things are now in packs of 5 instead of 6 etc but still 25p+ more
---
This is the thing isn't it? if they keep hiking up the prices they will be as expensive as the other big four so there will be no need to shop there anymore. There skin of fries used to be 89p they are now £1.79!
Well i won't be buying them again?!!! I didn't release they where now that price!!

I love those fries, a lot of local food places used to use them 👀 I would buy Lidl’s for the same price and they leapt up very quickly so now I make my own but miss the convenience.

Not in Aldi but I bought Presto loo rolls off Amazon recently and couldn’t believe the size of the roll hole 🤣 you could fit your fist in it. They must have whole teams working on how to skim customers.

Reactions: 4
I went and did my monthly Aldi trip today, we only go once and buy a month's worth of certain cupboard stuff and other items that have always been cheaper there because they are knock offs of brands. It cost me £95 and I only filled 2 bags. The stuff I've always bought there because it's cheaper than branded alternatives, like pepperamis, are now the same price.

I did get 2 reed diffusers and 2 easter eggs, but these came to under £20 in total. So £75 for 2 bags of food. Absolutely shocking.

I stick to Sainsbury's and M&S, they're genuinely the same/cheaper now, but much nicer. Everything in Aldi has shrunk hugely too - groovy bars are literally half the size they were! Daughter kept asking for things and I had to say no because I'm not paying the same price for miniature versions! 😂

• Wow
Tesco and Sainsbury's have already priced matched. I'm a fan of M&S and some of their items have been cheaper with the spark codes.

I posted in the discontent thread that the billionaire boss of the US grocery store warned of sharper raised food prices and ALDI announced that they were increasing prices by 50%.

This is from april 2022:

Reactions: 2
I used to go to Aldi because it was so cheap, then I'd just go to Asda for a top up of all the branded things we like which you can't get in Aldi. Now I'm finding it's actually cheaper to just do my full shop in Asda and not bother with Aldi at all. The fresh fruit and veg is quite poor in Aldi and goes off super fast, the meat I find always has really short dates on the shelves so it's not worth buying as I need it to last the full week really. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up in there!

Reactions: 10
I'm back off to tesco
I've noticed that too. I quit going to Morrisons last summer and went to ALDI because of the price gap but recently have been going back to Morrisons because the price difference has reduced and Morrisons produce do tend to be better quality.

Reactions: 2
Morrison's budget range is actually really good at the minute I find them.expensive overall but a lot of the cheaper range is really reasonable and when I get meat for my husband \kids its decent quality.

Another shock I got in aldi they've changed the design on the beans tin (which when your autistic is just unsettling enough) but there was the 'old' design in stock and compared them the old one is 420g new one 400g!! I'm just like how on earth do they possibly think they get away with it?! If they've changed the recipe as well I'll lose my tit they're literally the only beans on the planet I like 😂 it's getting more and more ridiculous shrinkfaltion and cost of greed now really

• Wow
Reactions: 10