Food prices in aldi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a side note I think customer service is aldi is shocking to what it used to be when we first started shopping there
A couple of weeks ago the assistant on the till we were on told the que there was another till open further on nobody moved to which she very loudly said over her head set " nobody can be arsed to walk down there" wtf
Then the other day the assistant snapped at my mum because apparently her trolly was in the wrong position. Um nobody talks to my mum like that lady she's lucky she didn't get her face slapped.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
So glad there is a thread for this!
Getting so annoyed at how much prices jump almost weekly!
For example I buy the Mamia formula milk and in the space of 5 weeks it’s gone from being £8.69 to £8.99 and now to £9.39!
Still cheaper than every other brand but that’s not the point, I don’t believe everything needs to jump up as big and quick as it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hate Aldi. The fruit and veg in my local Aldi is tit.

I also can't get all the products I want there. For example the nice branded passata I use for my pasta meals, and my favourite bagels, are not available in Aldi. So I'd have to do my weekly shop in two places, Aldi plus Sainsburys, which I think is a waste of my time. And I don't have an awful lot of time to spare.

I understand their business model (less lines, sell cheap etc) and that it works for some consumers, but it's not for me.

The last time I went into my local Aldi before Christmas I saw blue (with mould) bread rolls on display, disgusting.

Reactions: 5
At my local Aldi there was always drama going on. We saw a few fights over the years and lots of shouting. Unless you could go super early at like 7.30am in the morning it was always too crowded and they always had aisle blocked with large stock trolleys on top too. My sister avoids them because it feels so chaotic.

Reactions: 3
Had anyone else noticed that the middle aisles seem to retain a lot of stuff from weeks ago rather than changing the stock properly to what's in the bloody catalogue?? 🤔 Maybe it's just my local Aldi...

Reactions: 7
Had anyone else noticed that the middle aisles seem to retain a lot of stuff from weeks ago rather than changing the stock properly to what's in the bloody catalogue?? 🤔 Maybe it's just my local Aldi...
No I’ve noticed this too, ours is just full of random stuff that hasn’t shifted.

No I’ve noticed this too, ours is just full of random stuff that hasn’t shifted.
Our is full of food which is only in the shop occasionally, Ikea meatball type gravy granules, 99p which are good and went back to stock up incase they don't appear again, the hot curry sauce jars with the spices in the top, Spam tins which are quite a bit more expensive than B and M and lots of stuff like this. There was some nice pickles in there, Aldi brand, which are not in the shop but have gone now.

Reactions: 1
The trolleys get on my nerves at my local Aldi, can’t remember the last time I managed to get one that wasn’t a nightmare to push, they just seem to go where they want.

Reactions: 2
Like @MrsBsDayOff when I used to go I could never seem to get a full shop in. The stores in general are always a bit grim and generally disordered. There does seem to be some sort of cult around aldi & lidl as if we're all missing out on some great secret. I think their rise is over and they'll sit somewhere middle to bottom on the supermarket list for people.

• Heart
Like @MrsBsDayOff when I used to go I could never seem to get a full shop in. The stores in general are always a bit grim and generally disordered. There does seem to be some sort of cult around aldi & lidl as if we're all missing out on some great secret. I think their rise is over and they'll sit somewhere middle to bottom on the supermarket list for people.
Agree with having to go elsewhere for stuff and I’m not particularly brand loyal.

Gave up with the fruit and veg, it goes rotten before you get out of the car park although I have read they don’t chill the way other supermarkets do so may explain that.

Have also stopped buying chicken, the last batch of fresh breast was so poor the dog was treated for weeks (we freeze in batches). Frozen veg used to be ok but out of stock for months, same with bleach of all things.

Finding Sainsbury’s with their price match is becoming our go to.

The trolleys get on my nerves at my local Aldi, can’t remember the last time I managed to get one that wasn’t a nightmare to push, they just seem to go where they want.
I use the wheeled basket and find you have to drag them along 😕

Reactions: 2
I’ve noticed this! I have no life and apparently at the age of 30 I’m now obsessed with discussing and moaning about the price of stuff 😂 but… I can remember the bread being 49p, now it’s at least 79p. Which I know still isn’t extortionate but it’s showing how much things have risen. Some packs of crisps used to have 10 in the multipack, it’s 8 now, and the price has increased. The fruit and veg in my local one has been absolutely tit quality the last few months too. I used to shop there weekly and find it really good for budgeting/saving money but not anymore.

Reactions: 5
Spent £50 last week usually spend round 32/35 and I honestly do not know what it went on

Reactions: 4
I got an Ocado offer last year and I’ve never looked back… I always thought it was Uber expensive. I’ve been a die hard aldi shopper for years. The prices were rising quite steeply each time I went and I noticed the size shrinking too. So I started doing a mix of the two. Really enjoyed the delivery aspects I hate food shopping and work shifts so it helps. Rarely any subs and good quality too.

I received an offer for two months free delivery so used mostly Ocado in that time. I went back to aldi the other week. I properly looked at prices as I shopped. Honestly it’s ridiculous how much they’ve risen. It’s not a cheap shop anymore. The staff were rude, talking over their headsets loudly, ignoring the people they are serving. Stock blocking the aisles. Yes I know it’s minimal customer service but that was so they could serve you quicker and it was cheaper!

It’s handy for odd bits that still are cheaper but I can actually get many items cheaper/same price from Ocado especially with multi buy deals, vouchers and offers

I’ve bought a smart pass for delivery now. Sod it. I also got a price match voucher last week as they are now doing that too.

Reactions: 4
I got an Ocado offer last year and I’ve never looked back… I always thought it was Uber expensive. I’ve been a die hard aldi shopper for years. The prices were rising quite steeply each time I went and I noticed the size shrinking too. So I started doing a mix of the two. Really enjoyed the delivery aspects I hate food shopping and work shifts so it helps. Rarely any subs and good quality too.

I received an offer for two months free delivery so used mostly Ocado in that time. I went back to aldi the other week. I properly looked at prices as I shopped. Honestly it’s ridiculous how much they’ve risen. It’s not a cheap shop anymore. The staff were rude, talking over their headsets loudly, ignoring the people they are serving. Stock blocking the aisles. Yes I know it’s minimal customer service but that was so they could serve you quicker and it was cheaper!

It’s handy for odd bits that still are cheaper but I can actually get many items cheaper/same price from Ocado especially with multi buy deals, vouchers and offers

I’ve bought a smart pass for delivery now. Sod it. I also got a price match voucher last week as they are now doing that too.
It’s definitely not a cheap shop any more same with Lidl. Been going regularly to M&S for bits that are cheaper there

Reactions: 3