Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nonah

VIP Member
I just want to be soppy about my little girl cat if that’s ok. We got her from a local rescue and she was incredibly timid. She lived under the sofa for a week and it was two months before she sat on my lap and that was always a very nervy affair. She is invisible to visitors apart from one friend who she loves for some reason. Even if people stay for days she just hides away. She loves being stroked now but
we’ve had her for 7.5 years now and she only let me start brushing her 18 months ago. Anyway. She’s sat next to me on the sofa and I noticed she had something stuck to her whisker so I went to try and pull it off expecting her to move away from me. But she let me. And is still sitting there purring.
I have no idea what she went through before we got her but I just love that she trusts us (mostly) now. It’s so heartwarming.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Falkor

VIP Member
What kind of pony?
Miniature Shetland :) As both mine have lived with him for extended periods before, we put him straight in and after a couple of minutes of squealing while he asserted his boundaries they're all grazing together. Junior Horse is 15.1hh for scale.

VideoCapture_20240507-091210.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Ninnies, this is the label of the perfume @griftalo has so kindly organised as a tribute to Pooh. My beautiful bear is now commemorated in a perfume . Grifty, I saw your cats as well!
IMG_4887.jpeg

We bought the cats a 10 kilo bag of Royal Canin MC food with the money I got. That should last a good few months.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
My lovely mum has really deteriorated - she can’t get out of bed any more, sleeps more than she wakes and most of the time doesn’t make sense when she talks (nonsense words or just threads of words that don’t go together) - she is eating small amounts and drinking and managing to swallow her tablets. I think it will be only days.

she does still have flashes of herself and she laughs when we make jokes. One of the carers apologised for keep touching her bum and she said “most fun I’ve had all day”.

Last night she was reaching out with her hands and I said what are you trying to get hold of? She replied “Kazakhstan” 😂

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Lads, I just picked up Pooh's ashes. He's in a little box, they gave us a set of cards with his paw prints as well. I have to run some errands before I go home but I feel better now I have him with me.
We need to choose a photo for the little window bit in the front.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Sending out love to all the F&D animals, past and present.
I finally got the Super I applied to withdraw almost 5 weeks ago as they kept dicking me around. I had to get my birth certificate translated from French to English as well which took another week.
It's just after 1 am here, I woke up and checked my bank and there's enough in there to pay off my vet bill, our rent arrears and to take us out for a nice lunch or get a takeaway tomorrow. Plus pay our neighbour back for Pooh's cremation.

What a relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Toffee finger

VIP Member
We had to take my mums cat to be PTS this afternoon. She had a good 20 years but she was my mums little pal and she’ll be a bit lost without her 🙁

Ninnies, this is the label of the perfume @griftalo has so kindly organised as a tribute to Pooh. My beautiful bear is now commemorated in a perfume . Grifty, I saw your cats as well!
View attachment 2937286
We bought the cats a 10 kilo bag of Royal Canin MC food with the money I got. That should last a good few months.
This is such a lovely thing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27

chizontiz

Chatty Member
Alfie is feeling a wee bit sorry for himself today after his booster jab yesterday and has wedged himself behind my wardrobe.

IMG_6112.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I caught Sideboard Cat mid-whip. Her tail whipping is so violent I once thought one of my neighbours was playing loud music but when I took my headphones off and turned round I just saw her tail lashing the carpet. She is currently in the dog (cat) house for eating a fifth of a bagel. I assumed she'd got into the bag from the top but I ate the last one yesterday and there was a huge bite and claw mark taken out of it. I cut that bit off. Nothing is safe from Bread Thief.

speedy tail.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I've had a bad couple of sick days, you ninnies. As annoying as my Harold can be sometimes he's been tucking the quilt in around my feet every few hours since I got sick on Saturday.
He and Thor must think my feet are sick instead of my head and stomach as Thor has barely left my feet alone either. Weirdo pair.
I've been mostly sleeping and listening to History podcasts so I'm learning (no Potemkin walls, just betweeen-the-wars stuff) whilst I lie around like a slug in a nightie.
I'm really missing Nurse Pooh, he was good company when I had bad days.
UpsideDown love to everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Hi all, couldn’t stay away!
Anyway the mods sorted it, but I still feel like I want to change my account so I’m going to ask them on forum business
as it‘s freaked me out that someone would turn on me,like they’ve always “had it in for me” for years, and been waiting for the opportunity , that’s how it came across. That’s what the ignore button is for 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still feel sick thinking about it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Falkor

VIP Member
The track is up, the fence energiser is charged, and pandemonium arrives at around 8.30am tomorrow morning in the form of TinyPony!

1715031124686.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

chizontiz

Chatty Member
View attachment 2937286
@griftalo you are so, so lovely
---
fraus, I am home. You pocket ninnies have been such a welcome distraction/grounding space for me today. I truly am so grateful. I always understood that it was the community here that kept the ninnies coming and really v little to do with scammy grifters but I think I really felt it today if ugetme.

It's been a positive day in that finally a social worker has seen all the things I've been telling them about for years and did genuinely seem shocked. Lots of promises made so we'll see. Honestly if JM ever had to face a day like today she'd shit through her nostrils. There's no capacity for purple prose, I am just actually done in, but in a good way I think. Going to lay on the floor for a bit now. Just wanted to say thank you x

Last edited:
  • Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Caturday night special is Susan, who has fluffed right out with the change in weather. She's been sleeping in between our heads lately with a firm preference for having her bum in my face.
1714820227293.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Lazarus

VIP Member
I’ve just submitted an application for a promotion 🫣🥴
The feedback I’m getting from senior colleagues in my team is really (really) encouraging. I can only think they must have had low expectations, however, feeling a bit elevated and empowered by this, I decided to throw my hat in the ring.

I doubt I’ll get the job, but at least if I get an interview, I can build on the feedback I get from that.

• Heart
Reactions: 23