Flying the Nest (Stephen and Jess Parry-Valentine)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to another country they've been to before. They are just so repetitive.

I think the thing is they originally only planned to travel for a year, I guess they quickly realised they could make a lot of money from carrying on travelling but I feel now they are just going through the motions, pushing out basic content and just enjoying the free holidays.

If they were truly passionate about travel, we'd see them carrying on going to different places, seeing new things and pushing themselves out of their comfort zone. It's such a contrast to their early videos in Japan and Israel (the 2 destinations with my favourite videos from them).

Reactions: 2
When travel vloggers get tired of traveling, they usually buy land and build a home which generates lots of views but their van build series showed that they are both completely out of depth when it comes to physical labor, so I'm ruling this out for them.
No idea what else they could be doing. All they do is travel from fancy hotel to fancy hotel and a quick helicopter ride to some recluded spots of nature. I would have thought South Africa would have been one of their destinations by now to show Hunter where her dad is from but I equally hope it's not happening because they'd only show the rich and white parts.

Reactions: 3
Someone mentioned that Jess hadn't seen her family in a long time but we were the lock-down country, the borders between Western Australia and Queensland (and the rest of the country) were closed for nearly two years in 2020 and 2021. I was not even allowed to enter Western Australia ( where Jess and Stephen are from) for my dads funeral. It was really crazy.

Out of all the travel vloggers, Kinging it are doing the most interesting travels and were actually living in their bus and not just parking it outside 5 star accommodations like Flying the nest or Kara and Nate but I find Aimee too much to watch at times since she's overwhelmed with everything in life and having a meltdown almost every video while Craig awkwardly assures her how brave she is.

As for flying the nest, I really enjoyed their first 3 or 4 weeks of van life in Australia as they actually committed to it and it lead to great content at absolutely stunning places but then they went full luxury again, jetting off on private planes every week to remote islands and luxury stays and I Iost all interest because that's all they've done for the past year now - a 20 minute weekly commercial for a hotel or resort that costs thousands a night. Not the kind of travel I would ever be interested in.
I have watched Kinging It for a while and the cracks in their relationship are as wide as the grand canyon. Craig seems to force Aimee to do things she's clearly not comfortable with and gets pissed off when she has a meltdown about it.

FTN, they're getting way too syrupy but if that's what people like, more power to them!

Reactions: 1
I wonder what their plans are for the time when Hunter has to start school. Hopefully, they put her needs first and let her have an upbringing where she's surrounded by friends and gets to have a routine instead of continuing to live in a different hotel room every day and being home schooled by her parents without peers.

I wonder what their plans are for the time when Hunter has to start school. Hopefully, they put her needs first and let her have an upbringing where she's surrounded by friends and gets to have a routine instead of continuing to live in a different hotel room every day and being home schooled by her parents without peers.
I reckon Jess will home school her for at least a few years considering she was a teacher

Their Star Wars hotel video was good, one of the better of those videos I liked. Made it seem like a fun experience.

That Star Wars Hotel one was better than any other I think. Better than any Disney vlogger.

Just stumbled across this thread and have to say I really like FTN. I watch all their videos, but can see why some people would find them a bit vanilla. I'm also from Perth so it's cool to follow people from here.

I was disappointed they rushed through the second half of the van trip after going to America. Would have loved to see more of regional NSW and Victoria.

I haven't watched the newest cruise video yet. Did they pre-film it (and the Star Wars one) back when they were in America? Or did they fly back again from Europe?

FTN do a very good job of not attracting criticism, unlike other travel vloggers I could mention that oddly don't seem to have threads on Tattle. I need to catch up on FTN.

As adorable as Hunter is, I do worry that the lack of consistency at such a young age is probably not ideal.

Just stumbled across this thread and have to say I really like FTN. I watch all their videos, but can see why some people would find them a bit vanilla. I'm also from Perth so it's cool to follow people from here.

I was disappointed they rushed through the second half of the van trip after going to America. Would have loved to see more of regional NSW and Victoria.

I haven't watched the newest cruise video yet. Did they pre-film it (and the Star Wars one) back when they were in America? Or did they fly back again from Europe?
Stephen mentioned on their FB fan group that when they returned to Australia and the van, it was the rainy wet season and raining heavily everywhere. They decided to skip some places and move on ahead.

Additionally, I really like FTN and consider them my favourite vloggers/influencers. They seems like nice people, and the quality of the filming is always top-notch. Jess has said Hunter would be going to school but has no idea on they plan for the future.

I’m currently watching their vlogs from 4 years ago. Can’t imagine them staying in hostels anymore, even before they had Hunter 😂