Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Just catching up now, the further you get down the IG comments (not the ones in direct reply to her apology) there are alot of unhappy folks. Just seen one tag all the brands she works with.
It will be interesting to see if she deletes that comment!

Reactions: 6

Willow1

Just edited the old post from 4/5 days ago. Not even a new insta post so most of her followers won't even see the "apology".

Personally, I’d have more sympathy for someone with a family in a cramped house, uncertain of what the future will hold for going to visit family against the rules, than for someone who can buy their own peloton bike and go for long walks on their own property without bumping into anyone and with enough space to invite someone over while keeping their distance. But that’s just me.
Maybe not so much for me, it's the same thing. I've seen people from all sorts of backgrounds in London breaking the rules (it's not even like anyone tries to hide that they're not from the same households). I only say it because it's clear that the rules are there for everyone and for everyone's benefit. I've seen how difficult it is on frontline workers mental health when they see that no one's abiding by it and it feels like a massive slap in the face.

bellbells16

VIP Member
Arrivals from U.K. can get test on arrival in Dubai at the moment so they wouldn’t have had to have tested in advance. The queue at the airport is really long for testing on arrival though. I think they might reverse that decision soon anyway with London declaring an emergency over Covid etc.

Thing is, our cases here are also rising steadily and have been since end of year. At one point we were down to around 100 or so a day and then it was around 1,000-ish for a few months. We are now up to 3,000-ish past few days in UAE because of so many influencers and tourists coming in.
"All passengers arriving in Dubai must take a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test up to four days prior to their date of travel (maximum 96 hours), unless otherwise stated. The Negative PCR COVID-19 certificate must be printed in English or Arabic. No hand written, SMS or digital certificates will be accepted. You may be required to take another test at Dubai Airports upon arrival. All travellers must check the country requirements from which they are departing"

From the Visit Dubai website.

You need to be tested before you get on the airplane and then you can also be asked to do an additional check on arrival. I've heard of people doing a test in the US but it has expired during transit and they're not even allowed on the connecting flight to Dubai. The stress of the testing alone is just not worth it, and then everything else Fleur has done too.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I think the only way Fleur will address it is if people start posting it in youtube because more people will pick it up and it'll be harder for her to ignore.

She actively tried to deceive us, which is the worst thing about this all. If she hadn't said anything and been offline for weeks prior I don't think people would have been as outraged. It's the fact she has been so outspoken about the rules and how it was impacting her and that she had cancelled plans etc. She also then posted videos and posts on Insta to again give the impression she is still in the UK. That is just so dishonest and unnecessary! She knew she shouldn't be doing it, but did it anyway and thought if I just pretend I am still in the UK no one will know.

I would have had more respect for her if she said, yes i was in dubai guys. I knew this wouldn't go down well so I didn't mention it. It was a risky decision for us to make, but weighed up the pros and cons and to us it was worth the risk. I scheduled content and posts because I didn't want to go off the grid completely so I know this does give the impression that I was still in the UK. I probably shouldn't have done that, but at the time it was the easiest thing to do. I realise now it was naive of me to think I could get away with it.
I think she'll realize that she probably needs to mention it to clear the air, but will try to brush it off and not sit down with a serious apology, or do something like Jess's apology where she basically blamed the government for not giving strict enough regulations, because how could people be expected to do the right thing if it wasn't illegal to do the wrong thing? (Which honestly I do agree with a LITTLE BIT. Like why does the government say "Yeah ski resorts go ahead and open up again. But also people you're not supposed to travel from your home area for any of this recreation. It's all open tho.") Someone in the public eye like Fleur is should be doing better than the average member of the public as far as thinking about what's responsible or not, though. And she clearly knew that what she was doing wasn't that smart, and didn't just go silent, but scheduled or uploaded new content to give the impression she was at home.

rubicon

What would be the opinion if she were to hold her hands up and say "I am really sorry guys, I fu**ed up??" ... not saying she will BTW just thinking out loud I guess!
I’d respect that. Shit loads of people have gone to Dubai recently and honestly it’s not even the travel that’s pissed me off; it’s the deliberate deceiving of her followers.

sangariana

Chatty Member
She obviously saw her family on Christmas, which I am willing to forgive, travelling to Dubai not so much.

rememberme

Do we think that “what I got for Christmas” YouTube video will get taken down soon to hide her blatant lying before anyone else sees it

Reactions: 5

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can someone screenshot the full apology pity full explanation and post it here?
I bet she’ll edit it again after a while.

S1920

VIP Member
I’d respect that. Shit loads of people have gone to Dubai recently and honestly it’s not even the travel that’s pissed me off; it’s the deliberate deceiving of her followers.

I kind of think it is her best /only option at this point ... even if she wouldn't have said anything had she not been caught.