Fleetwood Mac - It’s all the drama Mick, I just love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember an interview where Stevie Nicks said she’d taken so much cocaine, she was able to pass one of her famous scarves through the hole inside her nostrils. But while relieved she didn’t bugger up her nose (and singing voice), she did regret losing about a decade whilst on barbiturates 😨
A friend LOVES Stevie Nicks and I’d also told her from a celeb gossip site that when she couldn’t snort the coke any more she had someone who’d blow it up her hole!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok, verrry old news, but the band described as “rock‘s greatest soap opera” deserve a Tattle thread right?

When they were recording Rumours, two couples within the band had just broken up, and they were all writing songs about each other!

The ex couples, Christine & John McVie, and Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham weren’t speaking to each other outside of their work on the music, and Mick Fleetwood had just found out his wife had been having an affair with his best friend.

And of course they done a shedload of coke while recoding the album. Somehow the album turned out to be amazing. The whole story just blows my mind.

So, any fans? Or, any favourite crazy stories about them?

Edited to add, wow, this story from Wikipedia about “You Make Loving Fun” is just gold.
What an album Rumours is!! I love The Chain.

+1 vote for an FM biopic

Reactions: 6
Huge fan since I was a child would definitely live a movie - if done right- about what happened
Since the 1st lockdown I've gone back listening to all their albums

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wonder why Buckingham and Nicks split up?
This might be why. If it’s true I’m glad they kicked him out of the band. He’s a talented musician and songwriter but he sounds like an absolute prick as a person.

(the article goes into quite a bit of detail, so for anyone sensitive, please read with caution x)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This might be why. If it’s true I’m glad they kicked him out of the band. He’s a talented musician and songwriter but he sounds like an absolute prick as a person.

(the article goes into quite a bit of detail, so for anyone sensitive, please read with caution x)

Thanks for the link. It is an interesting article, but I would like to know Buckingham's side of the story as well.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the link. It is an interesting article, but I would like to know Buckingham's side of the story as well.
It'd be interesting to hear Lindsey's side about some of these specific incidents, I agree, although he says he doesn't recall the horrible behaviour towards Stevie on stage. Sadly, I think it's all true and I know from personal experience that controlling, abusive people don't change, you have to get away from them. That's difficult when you're together in a band, let alone in a relationship outside of it.

The author of that book in the article, Stephen Davis, definitely enjoys writing about the salacious stories and drama surrounding bands (Led Zeppelin and I just read his book about Duran Duran), but the fact that the rest of Fleetwood Mac have stood behind Stevie carries a lot of weight for me. When it comes right down to it I think they're straight shooters. Clearly Buckingham's ousting came at the end of a very long road.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It'd be interesting to hear Lindsey's side about some of these specific incidents, I agree, although he says he doesn't recall the horrible behaviour towards Stevie on stage. Sadly, I think it's all true and I know from personal experience that controlling, abusive people don't change, you have to get away from them. That's difficult when you're together in a band, let alone in a relationship outside of it.

The author of that book in the article, Stephen Davis, definitely enjoys writing about the salacious stories and drama surrounding bands (Led Zeppelin and I just read his book about Duran Duran), but the fact that the rest of Fleetwood Mac have stood behind Stevie carries a lot of weight for me. When it comes right down to it I think they're straight shooters. Clearly Buckingham's ousting came at the end of a very long road.
This is disappointing to hear, I thought he had got his act together.

What a shame if he is like that. Still appreciate him as a fantastic musician but he doesn’t sound like a nice guy if that’s the case!

Reactions: 3
There’s an interesting podcast about FM, it’s called Disgraceland, I didn’t know too much about the history of the band so I found it eye opening !

Reactions: 4
I’m a huge FM fan, especially of Stevie and a tattoo of the lady herself covers my forearm. My greatest wish is to see the OG lineup live but Lindsey and Stevie just can’t bury that hatchet. Got tickets to see him next year which may be the closest I get!

Has anyone read the book written by Carol Ann Harris, Lindsey’s ex? Apparently he comes off pretty horrific in there!

I have ordered Mick Fleetwood’s book to read. He comes off pretty educated and well spoken when I have seen him in interviews.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone read the book written by Carol Ann Harris, Lindsey’s ex? Apparently he comes off pretty horrific in there!

I have ordered Mick Fleetwood’s book to read. He comes off pretty educated and well spoken when I have seen him in interviews.
I have read it definitely take most of it with a pinch of salt as Carol Ann had her own issues, toxic relationships before Lindsey, gave a child up for adoption and then became addicted to heroin while going out with Lindsey. She barely mentions the latter in the book. I have also read Micks book again take with a pinch of salt as he was high as a kite for most of the 70s and 80s!!

• Wow
I have read it definitely take most of it with a pinch of salt as Carol Ann had her own issues, toxic relationships before Lindsey, gave a child up for adoption and then became addicted to heroin while going out with Lindsey. She barely mentions the latter in the book. I have also read Micks book again take with a pinch of salt as he was high as a kite for most of the 70s and 80s!!
The more you know, eh! Might still be worth a read, but she doesn’t sound like the most

I’m looking forward to reading Mick’s story though, I do have a soft spot for him 😂😂 I’ll just have to hope and pray for Stevie to do a tell all but I won’t hold my breath!

I would love a biopic but could anyone recreate the magic of Stevie and Lindsay? Maybe it could happen - I was originally dubious about Rocket Man and Bohemian Rhapsody and was very pleasantly surprised when I watched. Daisy Jones and the Six was really enjoyable but it came nowhere near representing the intensity (or talent!) of FM.

Reactions: 5
Love Stevie x

Has anyone read Daisy Jones and The Six? it's brilliant and is "loosely based on Fleetwood Mac.
I am new to this thread and literally starting Daisy J as we speak!
---
Is anyone going to see Stevie in Hyde park in July? I’m so tempted but the only tickets left are expensive af and I’ll need to fly there from Ireland and book a hotel 😩😩

Reactions: 3
I am new to this thread and literally starting Daisy J as we speak!
---
Is anyone going to see Stevie in Hyde park in July? I’m so tempted but the only tickets left are expensive af and I’ll need to fly there from Ireland and book a hotel 😩😩
Annoyingly I'm at a gig in London already that night.

You've reminded me that I must go back & finish Daisy

I hated Daisy Jones and The Six but I love Fleetwood Mac though I came to love them as an older person. I really fancy Lindsey Buckingham even though he's an hole, he was really fit at points.

Ooh I love FM, what a great thread and title. I like a lot of early FM, when Peter Green was in the group. After he went down the Syd Barett path, their sound changed a bit for me. But I love a lot of post Green work Dragonfly ❤ and Rumours is just a masterpiece. I always thought Mick looked the nicest out of the blokes. Stevie and Christine are queens. Lindsey doesn't surprise me tbh, I get those vibes from him. He also seems to be morphing into a nan with a blue rinse these days.
lindsey-buckingham-2022.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11