Fleetwood Mac - It’s all the drama Mick, I just love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, verrry old news, but the band described as “rock‘s greatest soap opera” deserve a Tattle thread right?

When they were recording Rumours, two couples within the band had just broken up, and they were all writing songs about each other!

The ex couples, Christine & John McVie, and Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham weren’t speaking to each other outside of their work on the music, and Mick Fleetwood had just found out his wife had been having an affair with his best friend.

And of course they done a shedload of coke while recoding the album. Somehow the album turned out to be amazing. The whole story just blows my mind.

So, any fans? Or, any favourite crazy stories about them?

Edited to add, wow, this story from Wikipedia about “You Make Loving Fun” is just gold.

The song was inspired by an affair Christine McVie had with the band's lighting director, Curry Grant.[1] "To avoid flare-ups", she told her then-husband and fellow band member, John McVie that the song was about her dog.[2]

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Stevie being interviewed by Aussie music icon Molly Meldrum. I remember watching this when I was 12 or 13 and it's always stuck in my mind. She's off her face, young and innocent me honestly thought she was jet-lagged, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Fully paid-up member of the ‘Stevie Nicks is an Absolute Queen’ club right here.

One of my favourite stories about her is that when she heard Lyndsey Lohan was trying to make a biopic about her, she commented "Over my dead body. She needs to stop doing drugs and get a grip. Then maybe we'll talk."

When Stevie Nicks think you’re doing too many drugs, it really is time to come up with a new plan for your life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
When she started her solo career she was always wearing the most gorgeous skirts, swooshing them around in her videos. Sigh. Such a beautiful woman. I wanted her hair so badly!
when she does one of her spins, amazing. I’d love her entire wardrobe and I loved her on American Horror Story

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When she started her solo career she was always wearing the most gorgeous skirts, swooshing them around in her videos. Sigh. Such a beautiful woman. I wanted her hair so badly!
yes yes the swooshing,love gypsy and often watch her back to back on youtube still rocking it

Reactions: 6
Oh my, I shall be luxuriating in this thread! I love Fleetwood Mac and I adore Stevie Nicks. Such a beautiful woman and true artist. I remember watching an interview with her when I was in my teens or early 20s and she referred to herself as “prolific”; I never forgot the meaning of the word after that.

I must admit I indulge in the Buckingham/Nicks drama at times, all the drama in the band, actually. The fact that they still created such amazing music through that is so electrifying. It’s amazing too, what Stevie and Lindsey brought to an already established band.

Reactions: 11
I am a huge huge fan of Fleetwood Mac’s and have seen them twice. They are definitely up there with one of our top bands.

I heard a rumour (no pun intended) that the reason they recently (c 2yrs ago) broke up was Lindsey Buckingham had liaisons with a young girl and the band had to pay to cover up the story whilst he pleaded poverty.

Anyone else heard this?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I am a huge huge fan of Fleetwood Mac’s and have seen them twice. They are definitely up there with one of our top bands.

I heard a rumour (no pun intended) that the reason they recently (c 2yrs ago) broke up was Lindsey Buckingham had liaisons with a young girl and the band had to pay to cover up the story whilst he pleaded poverty.

Anyone else heard this?
I heard something similar.

Reactions: 3
Love Fleetwood Mac. I was lucky enough to see the full line up in Dublin a few years ago. Stevie and Christine are incredible.

Lyndsey is a d**k but it was really amazing seeing all of them together. The gig was the best I've ever been at aside from Brian Wilson.

Reactions: 11
FM members have been a bit unlucky in life. Peter Green's breakdown, Danny Kirwan ending up homeless and mentally ill, Bob Welch suicide, Jeremy Spencer ending up in that cult.....

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Love Stevie x

Has anyone read Daisy Jones and The Six? it's brilliant and is "loosely based on Fleetwood Mac.

Reactions: 7