Fleetwood Mac - It’s all the drama Mick, I just love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am new to this thread and literally starting Daisy J as we speak!
---
Is anyone going to see Stevie in Hyde park in July? I’m so tempted but the only tickets left are expensive af and I’ll need to fly there from Ireland and book a hotel 😩😩
I've been to Hyde Park for a gig before and whilst I adore Stevie, it's just not for me. It's such a disaster of a venue and short of getting VIP, for free, it's awful as a common person.

Also, Fleetwood Mac are up there in my top 5 forever. Every variation has created something magical and long-lasting, which few other bands can claim to do.

Reactions: 6
I've been to Hyde Park for a gig before and whilst I adore Stevie, it's just not for me. It's such a disaster of a venue and short of getting VIP, for free, it's awful as a common person.

Also, Fleetwood Mac are up there in my top 5 forever. Every variation has created something magical and long-lasting, which few other bands can claim to do.
I would agree tbf I’ve been before to Hyde Park to see Black Sabbath and didn’t love it, but I’m just wondering if I don’t go when will I get to see her.. argh dilemma!
I agree- they are just magical and unreal.

Reactions: 5
@MaryLou32 it was when you mentioned about Friday nights, wine and Fleetwood Mac in the celeb gossip thread that I remembered there’s a whole thread here!

Because that’s such a wonderful combination, I think in the near future, as well as old man’s pubs, there‘ll be old woman’s pubs, with cheap but nice wine and cocktails, and SO MUCH Fleetwood Mac on the jukebox.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

This is what puts me off. I’ve not seen a gig in Hyde Park but a few friends have and none of them raved about the set up. I can imagine the sound is rubbish there too 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
The sound is rubbish, you're right. You're also in central London, coralled in, poor toilet situation, it takes forever to leave, few places are good to see from, and on top of it all, it's expensive for pretty much everything 😔

Reactions: 3
The sound is rubbish, you're right. You're also in central London, coralled in, poor toilet situation, it takes forever to leave, few places are good to see from, and on top of it all, it's expensive for pretty much everything 😔
Yeah I think I’ve, for all these reasons, decided to give it a miss. Shame as I’d love to see her but I know I’ll be disappointed.

Reactions: 1
I went to see Pearl Jam last year (year before?) having previously taken against HydePark for all the above but it has massively upped its game - easy to get a drink, honestly exquisite toilet situation. Sound is sound - I’ve been in mid size venues, and stadiums and found it patchy. So yes, to the Nicks I go 🔮🌙

I loved Daisy - the book and the tv adaptation- and it inspired me to go and find out about the real thing which I got totally obsessed with.

• Heart
I went to see Pearl Jam last year (year before?) having previously taken against HydePark for all the above but it has massively upped its game - easy to get a drink, honestly exquisite toilet situation. Sound is sound - I’ve been in mid size venues, and stadiums and found it patchy. So yes, to the Nicks I go 🔮🌙

I loved Daisy - the book and the tv adaptation- and it inspired me to go and find out about the real thing which I got totally obsessed with.
I was literally coming to say the same thing. I saw Bon Jovi a few years back and the sound wasn’t great but I saw Pearl Jam and Adele in Hyde Park in 2022 and the sound was great for both of them and the set up much better. They have really improved it the last few years. My OH saw Springsteen and Billy Joel there last year and said the same.

Reactions: 4
Ooh I love FM, what a great thread and title. I like a lot of early FM, when Peter Green was in the group. After he went down the Syd Barett path, their sound changed a bit for me. But I love a lot of post Green work Dragonfly ❤ and Rumours is just a masterpiece. I always thought Mick looked the nicest out of the blokes. Stevie and Christine are queens. Lindsey doesn't surprise me tbh, I get those vibes from him. He also seems to be morphing into a nan with a blue rinse these days.
View attachment 2803728
That's got to be a wig.

Stevie is coming to Dublin and now everything so called fan is coming out of the woodwork. I better tickets or else!!

Im going to see Stevie when she comes to my city of Manchester I cannot wait, she is a Queen, I love Rooms on Fire.

Reactions: 6
This is Stevie's set list at moment for her US part of the tour. She is known to be very particular about her set so I wonder if she will change it at all for Europe considering Rooms on Fire is her biggest solo hit here?
Outside the Rain
Dreams (Fleetwood Mac song)
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Fall From Grace
For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield cover)
Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac song)
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Stand Back
Wild Heart
Soldier's Angel
Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac song)
Leather and Lace (with vocal Steve Real)
Edge of Seventeen
Encore:
Free Fallin' (Tom Petty cover)
Rhiannon
Landslide (Fleetwood

• Heart
I've just looked at the London date and it clashes with a gig in Ireland and her Irish date is too early to justify combining both as a massive holiday. Mostly because hotels in Dublin are insanely priced ☹

• Sad
Same! Tickets in the back rows for £200!?!?! I got the equivalent seats for my daughters for Taylor Swift at Wembley for 75.00 🙄
Yeah it's such a shame! I often wonder if the artists have any idea or input into the ticket prices or if it's down to venue fees etc.

Stevie isn't even playing anywhere near me so would involve train ticket and a hotel for the night (probably at an inflated rate) too 😐

• Sad
There is a live version of The Chain where Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham have clearly argued moments before getting on stage and it's one of the most electrifying performances I've ever seen.

Florence & The Machine covered that song at Glastonbury and she looked like she was having the time of her l

• Heart
I’m a huge FM fan, especially of Stevie and a tattoo of the lady herself covers my forearm. My greatest wish is to see the OG lineup live but Lindsey and Stevie just can’t bury that hatchet. Got tickets to see him next year which may be the closest I get!
I have only seen them once. Nicks and Buckingham were in the line up. They seemed warm to each other. I think they bury the hatchet and then dig it up again. They were mesmerising.

There is a live version of The Chain where Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham have clearly argued moments before getting on stage and it's one of the most electrifying performances I've ever seen.

Florence & The Machine covered that song at Glastonbury and she looked like she was having the time of her l
I love the video of that live performance!
Also when they did a performance of silver springs and they're both staring at each without breaking eye contact.

I really need to get round to watching daisy Jones and the six - apparently it was inspired alot by FM

Reactions: 4