Films You Can't Watch Again

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seven Pounds

It affected me so much, I can't bring myself to watch it ever again

Reactions: 4
The joker, ran out of the cinema crying at the end. Really upset me the way he was treated and denied help. Like so many people out there.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Mysterious Skin
Happiness (1998)
Requiem for a Dream
Breaking the Waves
Under the Skin
Dancer in the Dark
Dear Zachary (documentary)
Rabbit Proof Fence

All are very disturbing and depressing.

Reactions: 2
Requiem for a Dream. Such a disturbing film; I was depressed for days afterwards and binned the DVD just so as not to have it in the house.

Flight 93.

I knew what happened on 9/11 of course and what happened to this plane, but having watched the movie for 2 hours with all these people struggling with the terrorists onboard, for it to end with the plane hitting the ground and then just a dead black screen afterwards was just awful.

• Sad
Flight 93.

I knew what happened on 9/11 of course and what happened to this plane, but having watched the movie for 2 hours with all these people struggling with the terrorists onboard, for it to end with the plane hitting the ground and then just a dead black screen afterwards was just awful.
Oh god, that was desperately upsetting.

Seven Pounds

It affected me so much, I can't bring myself to watch it ever again
I saw this at the cinema.. all I did was cry. I can’t watch it again.
Like others have mentioned, green mile, Marley and me I can’t deal with emotional films.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I saw this at the cinema.. all I did was cry. I can’t watch it again.
Like others have mentioned, green mile, Marley and me I can’t deal with emotional films.
I haven't seen Seven Pounds and now don't want to!

The Green Mile is such a great film, but it's a proper emotional journey if you allow yourself to get invested in the magic of the story.

Agree with @Wynonna about Mysterious Skin. It’s a really good film but I tried to watch it again a few years later after I first saw it and had to turn it off within ten minutes. That was about ten years ago, so I might try again soon

I've just remembered another one: Nil By Mouth.

Great film, amazing performances, but such a tough watch.

Reactions: 3
Also Green Mile, I couldn't get past the electrocution-without-water scene and got rid of the DVD the same day!

I cried for a solid half hour after a Star is Born (most recent one)

The Ring!

VVitch
Prisoners
Banshees of Innisherin
Mystic River
Django Unchained
Apocalypto
Pan's Labyrinth (watched this 2x - the second time was 15yrs after the first and I remembered why I had vowed not to watch it again)

I think there's already a thread of this topic somewhere.
Pan's Labyrinth for me too. It was not what I was expecting at all - I thought it was going to be like the other Labyrinth, or Dark Crystal 😂. I absolutely hated it and would never watch it again.

• Haha
Apocalypto. The Color Purple is one of my favourite books and I cry every time I watch the movie.
Pay it forward, or anything I enjoyed with Kevin Spacey in. (Don't think I can ever watch a movie with him in again.)
My Octopus Teacher, I bawled like a baby. Can't bring myself to watch Hachiko, don't think my heart can take it.

Hachi a dogs tale-jeez I've never cried at a film as much as I did that one!😭😭😭😭
I've heard of this one. Not even daring to try it. I've always cried whilst watching movies even as a kid.
---
Right now it would be the pianist for me. The train scenes. I've watched a lot of war movies. That one always is the most disturbing and for a good reason.

Not a film but also the Indian show on Netflix called "Trial by fire" which was based on real life. The most graphic scenes of people burning in a cinema and the parents trying to get justice for over 20 years .
---
I cried a lot at the scene with the parents cutting a cake they had pre ordered for their son's birthday.

Last edited:
About Time. The scene with his dad on the beach when he goes back to being a young boy… makes me sob like nothing else.
Also Lion, LOVE that film but I’ve watched it twice now and the ending absolutely destroys me

• Heart
A star is Born (lady gaga/Bradley Walsh version). I bawled my eyes out after watching this, but even though I will never watch it ever again, it was brilliant.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
A star is Born (lady gaga/Bradley Walsh version). I bawled my eyes out after watching this, but even though I will never watch it ever again, it was brilliant.
I think you mean Bradley Cooper, but thank you so much for the mental image of Bradley Walsh starting in this film 😂😂 that made me laugh! ♥

For me, I can’t watch Grave of the Fireflies or Schindler’s List again. Absolutely broke my heart.

• Haha
Reactions: 19