Films You Can't Watch Again

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which films can you not watch again, for whatever reason, even though you enjoyed them?

For me, it's the Ian Curtis/Joy Division film Control.
I suffer from depression, etc anyway and choosing to watch that film at 1am when I was feeling a bit low was a very bad idea.
Even knowing Ian's story, and how his short life ended, I wasn't prepared for how bleak the film was and how absolutely devastates I felt when it finished.

You?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The Green Mile and The Color Purple. I just can’t bear what the characters go through.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The Elephant Man. I really didn't think it would have mentioned so soon!

My late partner woke up in a panic to sounds of me wailing and sobbing because of that film.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Stepmom! Don’t think I’ll ever subject myself to that again 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Marley and Me, and any film where an animal dies. Just reading the plot of that Hachi film is enough 😭
Requiem for a Dream, The Pianist, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas 😭
Eden Lake. I usually like horror films, but not that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A few years ago I was flicking through them Christmas movie channels that used to play tv movies - I came across one called ‘’The Christmas Shoes’’, genuinely one of the saddest films I have ever seen in my life, it ruined me 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Watership down (no explanation necessary just horrific)

A star is born ( wasn't expecting that ending)

Titanic (love it but gets me everytime)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
VVitch
Prisoners
Banshees of Innisherin
Mystic River
Django Unchained
Apocalypto
Pan's Labyrinth (watched this 2x - the second time was 15yrs after the first and I remembered why I had vowed not to watch it again)

I think there's already a thread of this topic somewhere.

Reactions: 2
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch for me.

I was always a fan of horror films, but when I got pregnant I was very sick, 24 hours a day for 9 months and I vomited all the way through this film (it was on tv)!

Now every time I see it's going to be on tv or worse, hear the "3 more days to Hallowen" song I have to make a dash for the bathroom :sick:

Btw it's NOT a great film but I don't think that influences my response to it 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 4