Fezza Chit Chat #2 ✌🏻✌🏻

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to all the new mothers and babies. I've been a bit MIA, busy at work, moving house, preparing for a VCAT hearing as our ex landlord wants to keep all of our bond to replace her crappy 20 year old carpet.
Condolences to all who have lost a pet. We had to put our malamute to sleep 2 years ago and it was absolutely heart breaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Congratulations to all the new mothers and babies. I've been a bit MIA, busy at work, moving house, preparing for a VCAT hearing as our ex landlord wants to keep all of our bond to replace her crappy 20 year old carpet.
Condolences to all who have lost a pet. We had to put our malamute to sleep 2 years ago and it was absolutely heart breaking.
Hope the hearing goes in your favour how stressful on top of the move

Reactions: 1
@AmyLou! this carpet looks at least 40 years old lol
IMG_8231.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
LIFE IS GREAT’ I love my mini me! She’s 5 weeks old and I am so in love! I always miss her when she’s Sleeping! Hahaha !!

I am still 4 threads maybe behind in Emmylou but I’m there laughing when I have time!
How have you all been? ❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
LIFE IS GREAT’ I love my mini me! She’s 5 weeks old and I am so in love! I always miss her when she’s Sleeping! Hahaha !!

I am still 4 threads maybe behind in Emmylou but I’m there laughing when I have time!
How have you all been? ❤❤❤❤❤
So glad to hear everything is going so well. Hope you’ve been keeping those horrid in-laws at arms length.

Life for me is rubbish so I’m living vicariously through you lot 😊

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
You both ok? The in laws have been GREAT! They come over a lot & done a complete 360 on their behaviour. They love seeing her, holding her and she smiled last night to them! They rushed for their phones to snap a photo. But me and baby RB are in such a good routine. She’s in bed by 7pm every night. She is a 6-6 routine and did that herself! So when visitors come round which is never lol / mainly the grandparents - I tell them what time to come instead of going by their cues. They want to spend time with her but she needs to stay in her routine. Also, is medium frequent poos normal?

also, if you are ever in south east, bunjil place cafe coffee is awesome. It’s $5 -VERY EXPENSIVE, but for a mumma who enjoys a cuppa and wants someone else to make it , very good coffee. ALSO, I must admit , my baby is mixed fed also. My supply is low..she wasn’t gaining weight when she first came home. I was shattered but came to terms with it. I was actually ok with the formula and mix feeding bcos my mental health was declining when she wasn’t gaining weight. Now she’s 4.1kg & I’m proud. But the stigma behind formula is intense. People look down on me all the time , especially the midwives and I stick it to them everytime. “Breast is best” WELL I’M NOT PRODUCING ENOUGH, I’m doing the best I can & I love my little girl so much. I love waking for her feeds, I love it when she sleeps so she can grow to one day enjoy a baby cino
With me. She is so cute. But she eats and sleeps straight away. She also has a mild tongue tie but it doesn’t effect her drinking x immunisation next week , gonna be a big cry and a heart break to see!
Anyway that’s my life story with her :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You both ok? The in laws have been GREAT! They come over a lot & done a complete 360 on their behaviour. They love seeing her, holding her and she smiled last night to them! They rushed for their phones to snap a photo. But me and baby RB are in such a good routine. She’s in bed by 7pm every night. She is a 6-6 routine and did that herself! So when visitors come round which is never lol / mainly the grandparents - I tell them what time to come instead of going by their cues. They want to spend time with her but she needs to stay in her routine. Also, is medium frequent poos normal?

also, if you are ever in south east, bunjil place cafe coffee is awesome. It’s $5 -VERY EXPENSIVE, but for a mumma who enjoys a cuppa and wants someone else to make it , very good coffee. ALSO, I must admit , my baby is mixed fed also. My supply is low..she wasn’t gaining weight when she first came home. I was shattered but came to terms with it. I was actually ok with the formula and mix feeding bcos my mental health was declining when she wasn’t gaining weight. Now she’s 4.1kg & I’m proud. But the stigma behind formula is intense. People look down on me all the time , especially the midwives and I stick it to them everytime. “Breast is best” WELL I’M NOT PRODUCING ENOUGH, I’m doing the best I can & I love my little girl so much. I love waking for her feeds, I love it when she sleeps so she can grow to one day enjoy a baby cino
With me. She is so cute. But she eats and sleeps straight away. She also has a mild tongue tie but it doesn’t effect her drinking x immunisation next week , gonna be a big cry and a heart break to see!
After all you have been through, you deserve the perfect baby and motherhood experience. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I promise it does it easier. My supply also didn’t come in properly and was only able to supply enough for 2 feeds per day for the first two weeks. My supply dried up within 48 hours. My mental health took a deep dive around this time but my daughter thrived on formula and we haven’t looked back since. At first I thought everyone was looking at me with judgement when I would whip out the formula but soon discovered it wasn’t judgement at all. It was a preconceived idea I had in my head that people would judge me. Not saying that’s the case for you at all by the way. Just something I personally discovered.

You will meet some arseholes along the way but the good outweighs the bad. I had so many medical professionals ask if I was breastfeeding over her first 12 months and my response was always “no I had a failed breastfeeding journey”. Most people would correct me and tell me it wasn’t a failed journey or I even had a couple upset that in my mind I saw it as a failure. Don’t let those bad eggs get you down! You are doing a wonderful job. The best thing you can do for your daughter is provide her with food and nutrients and you are doing just that 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I absolutely loved reading that update on you and little RB. I’m so amazed and glad that the in-laws have done a 180 and are treating you well and being good grandparents. Good on you for sticking it to those looking down on formula feeding, it’s very hard to do as a first time mum and you’re doing a great job for your own MH and bub’s by mixed feeding. What a clever little thing getting herself into a good routine on her own. Give her head a sniff for me 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi Fezza’s. Ok so random but no one I talk to but my partner remembers this…. Do any of you recall that orange concentrate juice that is reallly old and it’s in the cold section of the fridge and you mix it with water and keep it cold in the fridge? Like I’m talking my Nan used to serve it to me. Not cordial… I feel like I’m loosing my mind because no one sells it anymore!

Hi Fezza’s. Ok so random but no one I talk to but my partner remembers this…. Do any of you recall that orange concentrate juice that is reallly old and it’s in the cold section of the fridge and you mix it with water and keep it cold in the fridge? Like I’m talking my Nan used to serve it to me. Not cordial… I feel like I’m loosing my mind because no one sells it anymore!
Oh yeah I do. My mum used to buy it and make it up in old cordial bottles. Juice concentrate, there was home brand and a better more expensive one.
Funny sorry, once I was sick, I went to the fridge for a big drink, opened that concentrate and sculled, it was so bad, I hadn’t realised it was so strong and I was choking on it and couldn’t catch my breath 🤣🤣
---
And wow, you can still buy it, different brand. This one makes 2 litres

Attachments

• Haha
Ohb
Oh yeah I do. My mum used to buy it and make it up in old cordial bottles. Juice concentrate, there was home brand and a better more expensive one.
Funny sorry, once I was sick, I went to the fridge for a big drink, opened that concentrate and sculled, it was so bad, I hadn’t realised it was so strong and I was choking on it and couldn’t catch my breath 🤣🤣
---
Oh Thankyou! I can’t find it in Woolies or Cole’s!

Who was it that had the new baby and a (now ex) partner who acted like a complete dog. Sorry I forgot what username. Was it @dartsmokingpony ? Anyway, I’ve been thinking of you and your kids. How are you? Are you still living with your parents? How did investigating work options go?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
---
I grabbed it once at the shops many years ago thinking it was a cold juice. Should have seen my husbands eyes (then bf) when I jumped in the car, opened it up and took a big swig. Was funny after I stopped choking. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I grabbed it once at the shops many years ago thinking it was a cold juice. Should have seen my husbands eyes (then bf) when I jumped in the car, opened it up and took a big swig. Was funny after I stopped choking. 😬
Hahaha im
So glad I’m not the only one that’s done this 🤣🤣
So funny.
It was nice juice though, when mixed 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Ok random question please lovely fezzas. Does anyone have a home sauna? Thinking about installing the revel outdoor steam one, it seems to be popular:unsure: