Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been catching up with this thread for the past week or so, I'm really enjoying the information and the general sense of support and positivity <3 I have some questions (which I will ask later, when I can gather more thoughts more eloquently) but trying these out to feel less stuck and trapped sounds like a great start. I am not in a position to alter anything where I currently live - even though I badly want to but hopefully even adjusting my own space will help lighten things up a little bit.
Don't worry about being eloquent about your thoughts, ask away, hopefully we can offer some help x I'm offline now for a while, but I will check in later x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been catching up with this thread for the past week or so, I'm really enjoying the information and the general sense of support and positivity <3 I have some questions (which I will ask later, when I can gather more thoughts more eloquently) but trying these out to feel less stuck and trapped sounds like a great start. I am not in a position to alter anything where I currently live - even though I badly want to but hopefully even adjusting my own space will help lighten things up a little bit.
Yes you can use it as a gateway to more clarity for the future. A simple action taken can cause a positive domino effect in many areas. So for instance drawing all window coverings back and letting light in can be such a good start. Then open the windows if you can. Then clean them if you can. Also, you can join us on Sunday for our group Clap For GREAT Energy event. Simply clap your corners in every room until you feel a bit of a change in the energy. In the meantime if you feel like it you could just do a general tidy and throw/give away where /if you feel it necessary. When you change the energy around you somehow it feels better. When that feels better you may find you feel less stuck yourself. The good thing here is that you can share it and let us know how you get on. They say every journey starts with one small step and hopefully you might feel able to try that. It’s all a matter of degree and working at a pace that suits you and feels right. Everything is energy and energy is everything. Welcome here and hope you can keep coming back to us. :m

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is anyone averse to doing our group Clap for Great Energy at 11 am on Sunday morning please?

Not sure what time this will be if you are in a different country. If its silly o’clock where you are don’t let that get in the way of you clapping at a time that’s better for you of course.

I managed to part with some shoes today and managed to reorganise a few cupboards and other bits and bobs. It’s a start. Tomorrow I am making sure all the grids and drains outside are clear of debris and leaves etc...I am sure this is thrilling news :m

• Heart
Reactions: 8
11am GMT?

Just tidying up, making trips to the dump (what we call the place you take your own rubbish that doesn't get picked up by the garbage company), always puts me in THE BEST MOOD! It's almost weird, how buzzed it makes me feel.

If anyone has a drawer even, that is always messy, just tackle that. It will make you instantly feel better. Even baby steps make a difference.

I've also found it helpful to, when possible, before getting up (just as I wake up), to take a few minutes and think about how I want things to go for the day. Not thinking about a list of things that must get done, as that's easily crushing. But visualizing the best scenarios. It can be really simple, for example, with our new puppy I envision a day of his having fun walks and play times and doing well with his potty training. I envision the kids getting along and doing well in their classes. I think of how much I love my husband. How grateful I am for our health and financial stability. Then I get up and it sets the day off right. If I know the morning is going to be busy and rushed, I make a point to think about these types of things as I drift off to sleep the night before.

It's the little things that snowball, both good and bad. If you can get the good snowballing, things start falling into place rather quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
11am GMT?

Just tidying up, making trips to the dump (what we call the place you take your own rubbish that doesn't get picked up by the garbage company), always puts me in THE BEST MOOD! It's almost weird, how buzzed it makes me feel.

If anyone has a drawer even, that is always messy, just tackle that. It will make you instantly feel better. Even baby steps make a difference.

I've also found it helpful to, when possible, before getting up (just as I wake up), to take a few minutes and think about how I want things to go for the day. Not thinking about a list of things that must get done, as that's easily crushing. But visualizing the best scenarios. It can be really simple, for example, with our new puppy I envision a day of his having fun walks and play times and doing well with his potty training. I envision the kids getting along and doing well in their classes. I think of how much I love my husband. How grateful I am for our health and financial stability. Then I get up and it sets the day off right. If I know the morning is going to be busy and rushed, I make a point to think about these types of things as I drift off to sleep the night before.

It's the little things that snowball, both good and bad. If you can get the good snowballing, things start falling into place rather quickly.
Love what you say about your thoughts when you wake. I really do. Sounds like you have been very busy clearing too! Yes I should have said 11 am GMT but don’t worry if that’s too early or late for you. Cant wait to hear how you get on and if you notice any changes in the days afterwards. :m

• Heart
Reactions: 3
11am should work for me, I’m looking forward to it!
Over the last week I’ve been making some small changes and additions in our house, as well as clearing out clutter and getting round to some deep cleaning. It’s amazing how much better the energy feels already 🧡
Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s experiences with the clapping

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The best advice I can give anyone is to measure the footprint of your house and find the GF centre point and at that point place the biggest Quartz Crystal (pink) you can find.
I’ve listened to your advice and got myself pink crystal. It has been a week since I’ve done that and I cannot really describe change it had on me. I feel more relaxed and more positive than before. I don’t know what really pink crystal does, but this is how it changed my daily life. Thank you so much for these tips, they are so appreciated. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Like many I’m WFH and since Mercury Retrograde my motivation levels have dropped! I’ve de-cluttered my desk space - is there any desk feng shui I can do? Thanks 🙂

Like many I’m WFH and since Mercury Retrograde my motivation levels have dropped! I’ve de-cluttered my desk space - is there any desk feng shui I can do? Thanks 🙂
I don't know much personally, although what little I do know is that your desk is one item in your house that should be in a command position, so ideally when you sit at your desk you shouldn't sit with your back to the door. I believe this is so that your back is protected, no one could creep up on you. If you can turn the desk so you sit behind it, diagonal or straight facing the door. If this is truly impossible then I would place a mirror in front of you that allows you to glance up and see the doorway. I found this drawing which is quite good.
1614264720535.png

• Heart
You've all got me into feng shui! I had a passing interest a while ago.

I have a question: the outlook from the back of my house is onto sports pitches, then beyond onto a horse field in the distance on the south west, and houses about 100m away in the south east.

I have heard that it's bad feng shui to have an open outlook at the back of your house.

Is there any remedy for this? We have planted fruit trees at the back of the garden which are about 13 feet tall now, but don't make much of a difference as they haven't changed the outlook from the top floor.

The land here is very flat so no noticeable change in elevation between my house and the background.

It is south facing, which I've heard is good.

Also any feng shui tips for endometriosis and chronic disorganisation?

• Heart
I am going to take this weekend to take notes and make a few changes. I am loving that Desk Feng Shui @PixelGirl! Thank you! My back is facing the door :oops:. I love this thread so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't know much personally, although what little I do know is that your desk is one item in your house that should be in a command position, so ideally when you sit at your desk you shouldn't sit with your back to the door. I believe this is so that your back is protected, no one could creep up on you. If you can turn the desk so you sit behind it, diagonal or straight facing the door. If this is truly impossible then I would place a mirror in front of you that allows you to glance up and see the doorway. I found this drawing which is quite good.
View attachment 454828

This is so interesting! My back is also facing the door at my wfh desk. Not sure whether I will have great lighting if I sit on the other side, but will give it a go.

Back in the office my back is also facing a door and I absolutely hate it. Feel like everyone coming through the door gives my computer screens a good look and even with a privacy screen on my monitors I feel very exposed.

Is anyone averse to doing our group Clap for Great Energy at 11 am on Sunday morning please?

Not sure what time this will be if you are in a different country. If its silly o’clock where you are don’t let that get in the way of you clapping at a time that’s better for you of course.

I managed to part with some shoes today and managed to reorganise a few cupboards and other bits and bobs. It’s a start. Tomorrow I am making sure all the grids and drains outside are clear of debris and leaves etc...I am sure this is thrilling news :m
I'm really looking forward to Sunday morning!! I have a full day off from work tomorrow and am planning on giving the kitchen cupboards a good clean and sort out. Also need to go through my clothes/shoes, makeup, toiletries and other bits and bobs to have a good clearout. x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve listened to your advice and got myself pink crystal. It has been a week since I’ve done that and I cannot really describe change it had on me. I feel more relaxed and more positive than before. I don’t know what really pink crystal does, but this is how it changed my daily life. Thank you so much for these tips, they are so appreciated. :)
Your rose quartz crystal is for love (loving yourself too) and protection. I still haven’t posted the photo of mine which is at the centre of my house GF. Its outside on a terrace as my house is double fronted at the front and L shaped at the back. Its great that you have noticed a calming improvement and I’m really happy to hear this. Yay! :m

You've all got me into feng shui! I had a passing interest a while ago.

I have a question: the outlook from the back of my house is onto sports pitches, then beyond onto a horse field in the distance on the south west, and houses about 100m away in the south east.

I have heard that it's bad feng shui to have an open outlook at the back of your house.

Is there any remedy for this? We have planted fruit trees at the back of the garden which are about 13 feet tall now, but don't make much of a difference as they haven't changed the outlook from the top floor.

The land here is very flat so no noticeable change in elevation between my house and the background.

It is south facing, which I've heard is good.

Also any feng shui tips for endometriosis and chronic disorganisation?
Open space behind is not necessarily bad but the ancient Chinese said that you should have a mountain behind you to give support. So you have rightly created a screen of trees and fruit trees are auspicious. The trees will slow down the fast energy coming at your house. I am not sure what a FSM would say about your comments about the view from upstairs. I would say you have screened your GF well though. I think ancient Chinese homes did not have first floor storeys.

The way you have worded you post suggests you may hope for support upstairs. That may mean many different things.

I might look into natural remedies for endometriosis. If it is your wish to get pregnant the colour orange is very auspicious. Maybe put a splash of orange in your bedroom in this case. I think more details for this are back on earlier posts too.

Chronic disorganisation is more about your personal energy. So maybe if you could set an intention to become more organised it may help you. You can do this by creating a quiet space for yourself and focussing on becoming organised. Close you eyes and imagine what the benefits would be if you were organised. Take a few deep breaths when you do this. Also do join in with our clapping for great energy - its a great procrastination shifter as well as a really good energy boost to your immediate surroundings.

Welcome here! Its good to have you with us. Let us know how you get on. :m

View attachment 454828
This is a great diagram! Thanks so much @Pixel Girl!!

I said in an earlier post that when I organised our office I made sure that everyone’s back was facing a wall. This is quite an important thing to observe because a) no one can stab you in the back and b) no one can shock you by their approach. So what you are doing here is protecting yourself which will give much better energy whilst you work at your desk. The picture of mountain on wall is good and if you want to energise more money the imagery of fish is very auspicious too. All the staff had a money plant on their desks. I put lots of seaside painting on the walls in the office also so it felt more like they were on holiday. I ensured it was a light filled space. Everyone loved it, everyone really got on REALLY well and they all did extremely well in their careers (sadly all now working from home but the support and loyalty they continue give is incredible and in some cases their work output has increased!)

This is so interesting! My back is also facing the door at my wfh desk. Not sure whether I will have great lighting if I sit on the other side, but will give it a go.

Back in the office my back is also facing a door and I absolutely hate it. Feel like everyone coming through the door gives my computer screens a good look and even with a privacy screen on my monitors I feel very exposed.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday morning!! I have a full day off from work tomorrow and am planning on giving the kitchen cupboards a good clean and sort out. Also need to go through my clothes/shoes, makeup, toiletries and other bits and bobs to have a good clearout. x
Its so interesting that you say you hate the feeling with your back to the door. THIS is a perfect example of you knowing the energy isn‘t right for you. If you can you should face into a room when at your desk. So two things - are you above to re-jig your wfh office to enable this and can you ask to change your desk at work or sit facing the other way? Try it out for 2 weeks at home and just see if the energy feels better for you. :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 454828
Love this - so helpful. Thank you, @PixelGirl.

• Heart
I was wondering if you could try keeping a rose quartz very close by (or better still actually on you in a pocket etc) and maybe introduce the sound of running water playing quietly in the background. You can find recordings of this on YouTube. (I’m thinking the kind of sound that a fountain might make with a gentle trickling noise). The sound of running water can be very useful indeed for energising a work area. In addition I wondered if you had a living plant on your desk as this can be good placed to the left hand side. Have you tried setting your intention to be more motivated? That could really help you too. I know this might possibly sound a bit far fetched but give it a go maybe and then see if things feel a little better. Just doing one of these things can change energy quickly for the better. Love to hear how you get on :m.

Just a note generally for everyone. Plants with spiky upright leaves are not very good Feng Shui nor are prickly cacti. They are said to energise arguments and dissent. So when looking for indoor plants for your home its considered good to have plants with round, heart-shaped or oval leaves. Just thought I should mention that. Hope this helps :m.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was wondering if you could try keeping a rose quartz very close by (or better still actually on you in a pocket etc) and maybe introduce the sound of running water playing quietly in the background. You can find recordings of this on YouTube. (I’m thinking the kind of sound that a fountain might make with a gentle trickling noise). The sound of running water can be very useful indeed for energising a work area. In addition I wondered if you had a living plant on your desk as this can be good placed to the left hand side. Have you tried setting your intention to be more motivated? That could really help you too. I know this might possibly sound a bit far fetched but give it a go maybe and then see if things feel a little better. Just doing one of these things can change energy quickly for the better. Love to hear how you get on :m.

Just a note generally for everyone. Plants with spiky upright leaves are not very good Feng Shui nor are prickly cacti. They are said to energise arguments and dissent. So when looking for indoor plants for your home its considered good to have plants with round, heart-shaped or oval leaves. Just thought I should mention that. Hope this helps :m.
Thanks for your tips! I have a gerbera daisy plant on my desk but I’ll move this to my left side. I’ve been thinking of getting a pink rose quartz for a while - maybe in a pendant form to wear around my neck 🙂 I’ll check back in to let you know how I’m getting on!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How big a rose quartz crystal for the center of the house would be appropriate? Or how small to still work? I'm looking for one and the sizes range all over the place.

My money toad arrived on Tuesday. I put it on red paper and placed it at hip level (wallet level) facing the living room. I made sure to think of my intentions as I placed it. Curiously, the very next day something I've been searching for for close to 15 years became available and I snapped it up. It was a bargain too, half the price I would have been wiling to pay for it. Not sure if the money toad had anything to do with that, but it's something I've been very keen to have and had never seen it available online until yesterday. Last night my husband told me we've had a verrrry good week in our investments. YAY!

So get those money froggies everyone and set your intentions!

• Heart