Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure which thread this was on - one of FTEN or GSDIH. Someone posted that they have a shop near to where Elle and Sally live. From time to time both visit. Sally is apparently lovely (probably after some freebies - I can’t stand her) but Elle is so rude.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yes with her and Cara and Anna Mathur.
I think they all very similar. Fake to the core.
Like I said in previous thread, lot can be said about the person by the company they keep.
So very true. They are all up each others backsides.🤢

Reactions: 6
I’m not sure which thread this was on - one of FTEN or GSDIH. Someone posted that they have a shop near to where Elle and Sally live. From time to time both visit. Sally is apparently lovely (probably after some freebies - I can’t stand her) but Elle is so rude.
Not surprised at all 😕😕

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Do you honestly think that her story would be so wildly shared if she wasn’t an attractive middle class woman, living in a beautiful home with absolutely no real need to work. Would the likes of Ben Fogles wife and the Mcfly boys partners be at all interested in her if she lived in a council house and worked in a minimum wage job ? (no offence meant to anyone this applies to ) I find her patronising and snobbish and I am not in the least surprised that she has reacted this way to people who have contacted her. She created a blog, Instagram account and wrote a book, of course people are going to reach out to you. If you want a private life then let it be just that private !!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Everyone has made such great points on here. Even though she wasn't very nice to me, I am really pleased that she has her rainbow baby. I have suffered as she has, so I can understand the pain she gone through. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, ever, and it's really nice that she has gotten to bring home a baby, finally.

BUT I also think she isn't a saint. It's unfair for people to invalidate how she has treated others because they think she is just the best ever and untouchable because she lost a baby. Nope. You don't get to treat people poorly because you lost a baby. And that was happening all over the Rave thread. "Sorry you PERCEIVED the way she treated you as rude." duck right off.

I had quite a few pleasant interactions with her over the years, both on Instagram and on her blog so I had no reason to think that when I messaged her she would be anything other than kind and gracious. I looked forward to reading her book because I enjoyed her writing on her blog and on instagram, I bought both a physical copy and the audible version, and later bought several additional copies to give to friends. I loved her book, so much of what she said and experienced resonated with me. I wrote positive, thoughtful reviews across all reading platforms. I sent her a loving and thoughtful message several months after I had read the book, I was careful in my wording and what I shared so as not to do anything that could potentially trigger her or upset her, but I did share some personal things and I felt like a right fool afterwards. I received a really unpleasant response of how she didn't have time for this and wouldn't be responding (it was bizarre to reply to let someone know you weren't worth their time and wouldn't be responding - you just responded, you idiot), I can't remember the exact wording now and I have since deleted her messages from my Instagram, I wish I had had the forethought to take a screenshot, but I'm a novice in dealing with the huns. All prior interactions with big accounts has been pleasant. It was so jarring and hurtful, especially after having had pleasant exchanges. It was unexpected. I thought of her as a kindhearted person, doing good things in the world. I do think she has done some good things and perhaps she still does with her charity work, but that doesn't excuse her from being unkind to people who are grieving. I kept following her, though, because I'm a nosy cow. ;) As an aside, I hadn't really paid much attention to Tattle. I was still in the instagram bubble of thinking all of these larger accounts were really lovely. Elle was the first of the lot that I had an unpleasant interaction with.

I recently realized she had blocked me from seeing her stories, but not her grid and I felt irritated about it. It was like she was saying, "you're a twit who I only want to give access to my grid so I can sell you some tit, like my new book or my $400 sheets". I cannot for the life of me understand why SHE would block ME. As I said already, I have always been kind and supportive to her. I do know that I'm blacklisted by a number of other instahuns (Cunty Suthers, THTMM, Martha YAWN Lewis, Blossoming BirdTurd, Anna Look at ME Mathur, Intellectually and emotionally stunted RVK, Laura-Ad, Sally Heel Lady {who I never even followed} and there's a few more - I can't even remember them all because it's been quite a while since I was blocked). Why was I blacklisted you ask? Did I post something nasty about any of them on Instagram? Call someone out for their dubious behavior? Leave a negative comment? Nope, it's because I FOLLOWED the RVK Tweets instagram account that put all of Grabecca's disgusting tweets that were racist, classist, and pretty big on fat shaming and mom shaming, online for all to see. Did I then do anything else? Share that account? Call people out on supporting Grabecca after finding out she is legitimately a racist and generally just a piece of trash? Nope, nothing else. Just kept on minding my own business. The funny thing is, they all drone on and on about Tattle and how it affects their mental health (wah wah wah), but people wouldn't come here and witch about them if they didn't have a reason to. Sure there will always be haters, but most people aren't going to take the time to create an account and write about other people unless they've been pushed to a point to do so. For some people it's constant undeclared ads, for some people it's a rotten interaction, or for some people, like me, it's being blocked for no good reason by a dozen narcissistic assholes on a Tuesday. I never would have created a Tattle account or come on here to post about them if they hadn't all been epic assholes.
I finally unfollowed and blocked Feathers. I wrote about it on the Rave thread because there wasn't anywhere else to write about it on here and the insane ass kissing over there made me want to vom. Finally! A non-Rave thread! Hoorah! 🥳

When people defend these women, it's often a "they didn't ask for this" defense. Are you bleeping kidding me? These women CHOOSE to put their lives on the internet, they're ordinary women who have CHOSEN to blast their whole lives into our faces on social media. We gossip non-stop (as a society) about people in the spotlight from royals to movie stars to politicians. These witches are often being pretty damned smug about their faux perfect little lives, did they really think 50,000 or 100,000 (or more) people would all be ok with how sneaky and manipulative they are? AND since the majority of them are proper assholes who refuse to follow the rules of declaring items as gifts and ads and then they go on wild blocking binges if there's a whiff of threat to their pretend lives, it shouldn't be surprising at all that people are itching to talk about them. Can you really expect people not to be irritated that every other post on your grid and stories is a freebie/ad that you have only received because you've managed to manipulate people and claw your way to "popularity" on the internet? People are not going to like it when a few dozen people get all the free tit all the time and are smug little cunts about it. I personally don't care all that much about that stuff, but I can fully appreciate that a lot of people do care about it and it upsets them, especially if they're working their asses off every day and can't afford half of what these women get for staying home and watching Netflix while dicking around on their phones. They can, of course, set 'boundaries', but no one is holding a gun to their heads saying, be an influencer!! They could also bow out gracefully if things are a bit too much and get a real job, but that would require them to actually work so, probably not likely. And they wouldn't be able to get the constant ego boost of thousands of strangers on the internet telling you you're great.🤮

If Elle didn't want to respond to messages from people who want to tell her how much her writing has meant in their life, then she should craft a professional, gracious auto-response style message. OR she could just not respond at all. She doesn't have to be a dick to people. Like plastering your life all over the internet, you have a CHOICE. And, did no one tell her that she was writing a book about losing a baby? Not only is she now an author, and newsflash people like to contact authors of books they like, but she has a massive following on a really popular platform - people will contact her and they're often contacting her to thank her. Absolutely mental that she's decided to be mean to them. She should at least realize that these are vulnerable women contacting her, just be nice. It's pretty simple and not at all difficult to be nice to people who are hurting. If you can't be nice to people who are vulnerable and in pain, you're not actually a nice person.

I would have probably bought her next book. I gave her first book as Christmas gifts to a number of women in my support group, and probably would have done the same with her second. Her loss, I guess. It's too bad because if charity is her true goal, you'd think she'd care about being a nasty slag to grieving women on the internet, as it might affect the bottom line for charities that benefit from the selling of her books and her campaigns on insta. Makes me wonder, is she a good person? Or is she a bit vain and wants the attention being a pretend goodie two shoes brings? As my Nan used to say, only the Lord knows.
I love this post! I too can’t work her out, I really can’t, but I totally agree that whatever she is trying to achieve, she’s going about it in the wrong way and she’s shown her true colours to too many people now, and people talk. I am glad that this thread has started, because quite frankly, dead baby or not, her morals are all wrong. Hiding behind her tragic story isn’t going to fool people for forever.

Do you honestly think that her story would be so wildly shared if she wasn’t an attractive middle class woman, living in a beautiful home with absolutely no real need to work. Would the likes of Ben Fogles wife and the Mcfly boys partners be at all interested in her if she lived in a council house and worked in a minimum wage job ? (no offence meant to anyone this applies to ) I find her patronising and snobbish and I am not in the least surprised that she has reacted this way to people who have contacted her. She created a blog, Instagram account and wrote a book, of course people are going to reach out to you. If you want a private life then let it be just that private !!

100%! I said something similar on the other thread. People definitely wouldn’t care as much if she was in a high-rise council flat and shopping in Iceland. She bloody knows it too. Sickening.

Reactions: 19
I still can’t get over the fact she’s blocked my personal account. I’ve followed her from very early days. And now boom blocked! Never written anything negative, always prayed she’d have a happy ending.

Reactions: 5
I still can’t get over the fact she’s blocked my personal account. I’ve followed her from very early days. And now boom blocked! Never written anything negative, always prayed she’d have a happy ending.
Shame really, shows how little she thinks of her followers 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

I love this post! I too can’t work her out, I really can’t, but I totally agree that whatever she is trying to achieve, she’s going about it in the wrong way and she’s shown her true colours to too many people now, and people talk. I am glad that this thread has started, because quite frankly, dead baby or not, her morals are all wrong. Hiding behind her tragic story isn’t going to fool people for forever.

100%! I said something similar on the other thread. People definitely wouldn’t care as much if she was in a high-rise council flat and shopping in Iceland. She bloody knows it too. Sickening.
Instagram is full of fakes xx

Elle is the biggest Tory on Insta imo ✅✅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This is such a good point. Her experience isn't unique, there are loads of women who lose babies or birth children who do not survive and I'd bet a lot of them are gifted writers but would never have the opportunity to tell their story. She just happens to be an attractive, well off women, who after suffering a huge tragedy didn't HAVE to go back to work to feed herself or keep a roof over her head. Lucky her. She got to spend her free time faffing around the house and posting photos on instagram. I know things are different in the UK, but most women who lose a child have only a few weeks (if they're lucky) to grieve and are right back at work here in the US. Elle lives a very privileged, very self-oriented person, who has been able to spend years focusing on her own recovery and grief. She's had the luxury of continuing to pay for fertility treatments most of us can only dream of having the financial access to. Every single mother I know who has been through the same exact thing as her has not had any of those luxuries. We've had to grieve in restrooms at work, in our car at lunch, and at night with our partners. We've been told to "get over it" and "move on" over and over and over by coworkers and bosses. We didn't have the luxury of long walks with our pug and days in bed, we've had to go right back to reality without any time to ourselves. That's real life right there for the vast majority of grieving mothers. These opportunities or luxuries would never have even been on the table for most women. She also encourages people to get in touch, so it's like which is it? Do you want people to buy your book and line your pockets but leave you alone? Support your campaigns but duck off? Could she be any more self important. Here, buy all my things and donate to all my causes, but I don't have time for any of you peasants. :rolleyes:

SAME. Just proves, like all of them, she's just another ENTITLED stuck up instahun who USES her followers for financial gain and personal gratification.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Really glad this thread is here. I commented on the other thread a while back and was torn to pieces and basically told i should let her away with anything because her baby died.
I totally agree with the white middle class point, they all stick together, which is why she had a total of ZERO bame experiences on that blog take over thing she used to do. Privileged beyone belief. VERY shady with her gift and ad declarations.
Also interesting how many baby shops she is sharing when it ‘definitely wasnt’ going to become a baby account. She should definitely rename or start a new account, thats not what most people were there for

Reactions: 15
Exacy ! When I saw the Ben Fogel photos I thought she was a 'go getter' 🤢

Reactions: 4
This is such a good point. Her experience isn't unique, there are loads of women who lose babies or birth children who do not survive and I'd bet a lot of them are gifted writers but would never have the opportunity to tell their story. She just happens to be an attractive, well off women, who after suffering a huge tragedy didn't HAVE to go back to work to feed herself or keep a roof over her head. Lucky her. She got to spend her free time faffing around the house and posting photos on instagram. I know things are different in the UK, but most women who lose a child have only a few weeks (if they're lucky) to grieve and are right back at work here in the US. Elle lives a very privileged, very self-oriented person, who has been able to spend years focusing on her own recovery and grief. She's had the luxury of continuing to pay for fertility treatments most of us can only dream of having the financial access to. Every single mother I know who has been through the same exact thing as her has not had any of those luxuries. We've had to grieve in restrooms at work, in our car at lunch, and at night with our partners. We've been told to "get over it" and "move on" over and over and over by coworkers and bosses. We didn't have the luxury of long walks with our pug and days in bed, we've had to go right back to reality without any time to ourselves. That's real life right there for the vast majority of grieving mothers. These opportunities or luxuries would never have even been on the table for most women. She also encourages people to get in touch, so it's like which is it? Do you want people to buy your book and line your pockets but leave you alone? Support your campaigns but duck off? Could she be any more self important. Here, buy all my things and donate to all my causes, but I don't have time for any of you peasants. :rolleyes:

SAME. Just proves, like all of them, she's just another ENTITLED stuck up instahun who USES her followers for financial gain and personal gratification.
YES!!! 👏 This is so true. Thousands of woman all over the world suffer this trauma on a daily basis but don’t even have the opportunity to grieve in such comforts. She’s is incredibly entitled.😡

Reactions: 17
Latest post, holds up a badge saying ‘Baby On Board’ to get all the disciples excited 😀😀. Oh no, no baby on board, just a pre-cursor post for upcoming book - with her musings on pregnancy after loss. Book release for VD or Mother’s Day methinks 💤💤. Oh and she’s limited comments to just her followers. Get over yerself love, most of us watch you on Instagram viewing sites anyway and I bet you LOVE that 😂😂

Reactions: 12
Latest post, holds up a badge saying ‘Baby On Board’ to get all the disciples excited 😀😀. Oh no, no baby on board, just a pre-cursor post for upcoming book - with her musings on pregnancy after loss. Book release for VD or Mother’s Day methinks 💤💤. Oh and she’s limited comments to just her followers. Get over yerself love, most of us watch you on Instagram viewing sites anyway and I bet you LOVE that 😂😂
Ohhh not another limiting comments - these bloody Influnecers are so up themselves. So the book will be all about her Rainbow baby. Here we go again. Cannot stand that woman.

Reactions: 3
I feel really conflicted about Elle. I’ve followed her since way back when she was “Mrs Elle Wright” rather than FTEN and I always really liked her. Her story was so heartbreaking and she always seemed really humbled by Teddy’s death. I enjoyed her blog and her interior photos too, I didn’t just follow her because her baby died. I think she really opened a lot of people’s eyes to baby loss and infant death and I think that was her objective which is commendable.

I think she then became just another influencer sadly and I went off her a bit. The gifts, the ads etc. And I know she said it was her job and she was within her rights to earn an income, but I don’t know it just felt off.

And now she’s back on the gram I’ve gone off her again 🙈 I feel like the whole “small business sharing” everyday is a bit of a humble brag - it’s too extremely different from the ‘influencer’ she had become. And emphasising the fact she BOUGHT all the things 🙄 like yes round of applause you’ve not been gifted them, but a lot of the companies she shows are bleeping expensive and it comes across a bit braggy!

The fact she hasn’t show the baby or given an update on her what her life is like with her daughter is something I find odd, seeing as she’s always been so open about talking about Teddy, showing his face and her experience of being a mum without a living baby. And I completely get that it’s her right to do whatever she wants, I get that I’m not saying she owes us anything, I just find it all strange.

So to conclude, I’m not sure how I feel about her now 😂 I think she’s trying too hard to be the perfect person online rather than just being authentic, which is a shame really because a lot of her followers really like her as a person and wish her well, and I’m sure would be so pleased to see how her life is at the minute with her new baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I feel really conflicted about Elle. I’ve followed her since way back when she was “Mrs Elle Wright” rather than FTEN and I always really liked her. Her story was so heartbreaking and she always seemed really humbled by Teddy’s death. I enjoyed her blog and her interior photos too, I didn’t just follow her because her baby died. I think she really opened a lot of people’s eyes to baby loss and infant death and I think that was her objective which is commendable.

I think she then became just another influencer sadly and I went off her a bit. The gifts, the ads etc. And I know she said it was her job and she was within her rights to earn an income, but I don’t know it just felt off.

And now she’s back on the gram I’ve gone off her again 🙈 I feel like the whole “small business sharing” everyday is a bit of a humble brag - it’s too extremely different from the ‘influencer’ she had become. And emphasising the fact she BOUGHT all the things 🙄 like yes round of applause you’ve not been gifted them, but a lot of the companies she shows are bleeping expensive and it comes across a bit braggy!

The fact she hasn’t show the baby or given an update on her what her life is like with her daughter is something I find odd, seeing as she’s always been so open about talking about Teddy, showing his face and her experience of being a mum without a living baby. And I completely get that it’s her right to do whatever she wants, I get that I’m not saying she owes us anything, I just find it all strange.

So to conclude, I’m not sure how I feel about her now 😂 I think she’s trying too hard to be the perfect person online rather than just being authentic, which is a shame really because a lot of her followers really like her as a person and wish her well, and I’m sure would be so pleased to see how her life is at the minute with her new baby.
She won’t show baby or her life, saving it all for the book. As said previously it’s all for show. On DMs she’s been proven to be rude and cold. Instagram is a business to her. She’s the biggest Tory on Insta imo. Ironic that her first book had the title referring to people asking Teddy’s name. But blow me when new baby came along she liked to keep her disciples waiting for that name 🙄🙄. Maybe second book will be called ‘Her Name Is ...’ 😂😂. Oh and don’t forget she is a Sunday Times Bestselling author 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Actually just thinking about it and following on from my earlier post. How naff is it to post a photo of yourself holding a BOB badge up, on a baby loss awareness account 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ That’s because her ‘new’ account will all be now about bringing up baby. Good one Elle, you really are a classy bird #slowclap 👏 👏

Ohhh not another limiting comments - these bloody Influnecers are so up themselves. So the book will be all about her Rainbow baby. Here we go again. Cannot stand that woman.
That makes two of us ✅✅

C4CBBE9A-7618-429C-90BB-82CE8BBD5083.png

Could they kiss each other’s arses more 🤮🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
She won’t show baby or her life, saving it all for the book. As said previously it’s all for show. On DMs she’s been proven to be rude and cold. Instagram is a business to her. She’s the biggest Tory on Insta imo. Ironic that her first book had the title referring to people asking Teddy’s name. But blow me when new baby came along she liked to keep her disciples waiting for that name 🙄🙄. Maybe second book will be called ‘Her Name Is ...’ 😂😂. Oh and don’t forget she is a Sunday Times Bestselling author 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Actually just thinking about it and following on from my earlier post. How naff is it to post a photo of yourself holding a BOB badge up, on a baby loss awareness account 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ That’s because her ‘new’ account will all be now about bringing up baby. Good one Elle, you really are a classy bird #slowclap 👏 👏

That makes two of us ✅✅

View attachment 396588

Could they kiss each other’s arses more 🤮🤮
She really is Angola Medal arse licker this one and with Grabby too.

She really is Gold Medal arse licker this one and with Grabby too.

Reactions: 3
That post today has really annoyed me. She thinks she’s the bloody authority on baby loss & all her opinions are correct! People say the things from her ‘list’ because they don’t know what else to say. They so desperately want to be there for you & say something to comfort & soothe but know that nothing they ever say will take away the absolute gut wrenching pain you feel. I would rather my friends & family said any of those things, than nothing at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That post today has really annoyed me. She thinks she’s the bloody authority on baby loss & all her opinions are correct! People say the things from her ‘list’ because they don’t know what else to say. They so desperately want to be there for you & say something to comfort & soothe but know that nothing they ever say will take away the absolute gut wrenching pain you feel. I would rather my friends & family said any of those things, than nothing at all.
Yes she’s the authority in baby loss and will now be the authority on PAL and bringing up rainbow baby. She’s got a book to sell. It sickened me the way with this post she manages to reply sympathetically to more or less everyone but when I sent her a DM she was rude, dismissive and unsympathetic #shesgotabooktosellcomingup

• Sick
Reactions: 10
See this is what pissed me off about the rave thread. She has monetised the loss of her son,
Giving *alot* of details about him/
Her feelings/ her life. Then disappeared without a word about the new baby. The rave thread then on their high horses saying she owes her followers nothing blah blah, but I found it all a bit strange how there was radio silence. Surely they deserved something. Until I saw she has a new book coming out. 🤨
Oh and her virtue signalling is off the scale regarding buying from small businesses

Reactions: 22
I remember reading negative reviews about her book that she wrote stuff like this. She was urging people to reach out to grieving parents but ripping them to shreds if they said anything generic from her list. There's no manual that people read for this stuff. Apparently the book was very 'holier than thou'. As I wrote on the other thread, I found her disappearance mind boggling as well. She doesn't have a large following but it's also not small. She seriously can't have expected her followers to not be keen to hear a name or see a photo. You know, since her book was called ask me his name?! Announcing that she was off and didn't know when (or if) she would be back really wasn't the right way to go about it. I get that she wanted to spend time with the baby and didn't exactly owe people anything but she kind of led people to believe that she might not be back for a year or longer (perhaps forever). She blocked people searching for her private profile and her mum went private to stop people asking her questions. She would have been far better off saying she's taking maternity leave and would be back in the new year. Because let's face it, she knew she would be. She's got a new book to flog. Of course she'd be back a few months before it's published.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.