Favourite perfumes #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you guys think of Dior oud ispahan? I have a miniature but donā€™t know if Iā€™d love or wear it enough to get a full size.

@whathastheworldcometo They have been all different size bottles, 30 ml, 50ml. 100ml. So it takes different lengths of time to finish. This has been over the past 4 years or so. I generally wear perfume everyday.

Reactions: 2
My current favourite is Le Labo AnOther 13

My staple perfume I always have a bottle of is Escentric Molecules Molecules 01 which I sometimes wear by itself or on top of another perfume to enhance!

Reactions: 3
Continuing from before - I have a lot of samples but only a few full sizes because it takes me forever to decide and they're so expensive I want to love them! I don't really have a signature but I will change depending on time of day or situation. Daily wear I tend to wear Chanel 19, then in the evening or for a big do I will switch to Rituals Sultan de Muscat, or whatever random sample I have at the time.

Don't know how to quote from a previous thread but I don't have one specific perfume that I use. I have about 10 that I use through the year, some are more for summer, some are winter, some are evening, some are day etx. I love the fact that specific perfumes remind me of different times. Marc jacobs Lola always reminds me of Xmas because I wear it every year for that time period. Jimmy Choo reminds me of holiday nights out in the summer. I probably wear a perfume for a month or so during the day and then switch for another one.

Reactions: 4
During lockdown I needed things to engage my senses because the sameness was getting to me. I ended up buying discovery sets. So I have a lot of perfumes that way. Iā€™ve come to associate certain scents with certain seasons and realized that some perfumes are more appropriate for certain settings. Years ago I would have had an all purpose scent.

A PSA ladies because my mind was blown:

38CE1812-9187-457B-A90C-237BD3D95F82.jpeg

Google poikiloderma - chances are good youā€™ve seen perfume damaged skin before!

Iā€™m wearing Marc jacobs Daisy today, I havenā€™t worn it in a while but for some reason Iā€™m getting lavender notes from it?!

Continuing from before - I have a lot of samples but only a few full sizes because it takes me forever to decide and they're so expensive I want to love them! I don't really have a signature but I will change depending on time of day or situation. Daily wear I tend to wear Chanel 19, then in the evening or for a big do I will switch to Rituals Sultan de Muscat, or whatever random sample I have at the time.
I came on here just to see if any fellow Chanel No.19 fans were on here, i have this, and I wear it when I miss my mum and I want her ā€œnearā€ me - it was her ā€œscentā€ and her bottle lasted the whole of the 80s

other favourites in my battery of perfumes are mostly Guerlain;

Lā€™Heure Bleue
Lā€™Instant
La petite robe noire
and my no.1 perfume of all time that I adore but can only wear in Autumn/Winterā€¦

MITSUOKO

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I came on here just to see if any fellow Chanel No.19 fans were on here, i have this, and I wear it when I miss my mum and I want her ā€œnearā€ me - it was her ā€œscentā€ and her bottle lasted the whole of the 80s
I associate my 19 with my mum too! She first bought it for me as a graduation present just guessing at what I would like, have worn it consistently ever since. Reminds me of a really happy time šŸ„°

• Heart
A question thanks - is there a sell by date on perfume and if so where do I find it ? My late MIL was given a spray of Chanel No 5 sheer moisture mist as a Christmas present by my SIL 2 years ago (whose family are the the top of the list for regifting) and when we cleared her house I took it, as you do. Today I opened it and when I sprayed it I hated it, smells of charity shops. I like nice florals so don't know if it is my choice or is this heavy stuff - ok it serves me right for taking it but I did most of the work. :)

Reactions: 1
I have over 100 bottles. Everyone buys me perfume . I use some cheaper ones for memories, if I go hospital to have baby I wear a new perfume, so I can smell that and it takes me straight back.
today Iā€™m wearing this it reminds me of my late teenshttps://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Giorgio-Beverly-Hills/Giorgio-Aire-1890.html

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A question thanks - is there a sell by date on perfume and if so where do I find it ? My late MIL was given a spray of Chanel No 5 sheer moisture mist as a Christmas present by my SIL 2 years ago (whose family are the the top of the list for regifting) and when we cleared her house I took it, as you do. Today I opened it and when I sprayed it I hated it, smells of charity shops. I like nice florals so don't know if it is my choice or is this heavy stuff - ok it serves me right for taking it but I did most of the work. :)
I wouldn't say a sell by date but how you look after the perfume.
I keep mine in a box under the bed in a cools place and the ones I'm currently wearing I'll have on my dressing table but out of the sun

I like Agent Proveceteur - the pink original one and Maitrisse.
Ive got Maitrisse on now and forgot how lovely it is.

Is it just me or does Cloud by Ariana Grande smell like plastic on them? Like I can kinda smell the coconut but its massively overpowered by that strong plastic smell so it just smells like a gone off perfume. Anyone else?

Has anyone tried Parfums da Marley Delina? I'm interested in it as I've read there is a rhubarb note.

Or can anyone recommend a scent with rhubarb? (Is my current obsession/quest).

I don't want to smell like the Method Wild Rhubarb antibac spray! (Or do I?!)

Lol I am living for the rhubarb obsession. What does it even smell like? I have only ever experienced rhubarb in a compote.

Has anyone tried Parfums da Marley Delina? I'm interested in it as I've read there is a rhubarb note.

Or can anyone recommend a scent with rhubarb? (Is my current obsession/quest).

I don't want to smell like the Method Wild Rhubarb antibac spray! (Or do I?!)
yesss I have Delina and Delina exclusif (I recommend the exclusif version more), and itā€™s my favourite perfume ever :) I canā€™t smell much rhubarb at all though, mostly rose, litchi, floral and creamy notes :)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.