Favourite candles and scents?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a burning oak wood kind of smell something like replica by the fireplace but a bit less pricey 😅

Reactions: 2
Yankee - Stoney Cove is my absolute favourite followed by Fluffy Towels. I also love baby powder ones.

I've tried various melts from online merchants but no wax melts are better than Yankee IMO. Hence I don't both with them anymore.

Reactions: 1
Yankee - Stoney Cove is my absolute favourite followed by Fluffy Towels. I also love baby powder ones.

I've tried various melts from online merchants but no wax melts are better than Yankee IMO. Hence I don't both with them anymore.
May I ask you how strong the wax melts smell? Do they fill a room with scent?

The large Yankee candle does, but I wonder about the wax melts?

May I ask you how strong the wax melts smell? Do they fill a room with scent?

The large Yankee candle does, but I wonder about the wax melts?
Personally I find the wax melts to be ALOT stronger than the candles. (Yankee last alot longer and although I find some online independent merchants to be quite strong, they don't last as long)

Some of the highly scented ones (Stoney Cove for example) fill the whole house with scent with only one burner on. Definately try wax melts if you haven't before!

Personally I find the wax melts to be ALOT stronger than the candles.

Some of the highly scented ones (Stoney Cove for example) fill the whole house with scent with only one burner on. Definately try wax melts if you haven't before!
Thank you for your response ❤

I was considering buying a YC burner with a selection of wax melts for my parents and will do so now for Easter.

I can also report tha The English Soap Co candle is good. Really good quality, nice scent and fills the flat. I paid just over ten pounds for a small candle, so they are not cheap, but not as expensive as other candles and quality wise they are upper range

• Heart
Thank you for your response ❤

I was considering buying a YC burner with a selection of wax melts for my parents and will do so now for Easter.

I can also report tha The English Soap Co candle is good. Really good quality, nice scent and fills the flat. I paid just over ten pounds for a small candle, so they are not cheap, but not as expensive as other candles and quality wise they are upper range
I shall have to try one ❤

I hope your parents enjoy the Yankee burner and melts. They honestly are fab.

Asda do some really lovely ones too, 3 for a fiver. The packaging is a bit cheap looking but they have quite a large range of scents and are quite punchy and longlasting. Ecru Linen is absolutely beautiful.

I shall have to try one ❤

I hope your parents enjoy the Yankee burner and melts. They honestly are fab.

Asda do some really lovely ones too, 3 for a fiver. The packaging is a bit cheap looking but they have quite a large range of scents and are quite punchy and longlasting. Ecru Linen is absolutely beautiful.
2nd vote for the Asda wax melts, honestly some of the best I've tried and they fill the house better than yankee in my opinion.

• Heart
I'm looking for recommendations for a nice mandarine/orange candle - nothing too strong, or expensive, but something lovely and orangey. 😊 I bought some wax melts last month and had to bin them, they were very strong and hurt my chest. 😬 I remember having a gorgeous mandarine/orange perfume from M&S years ago and honestly, it was gurgeous! I love that scent as it smells warming and very summery. I love a nice coconut/sunscreen smell, too - need something to remind me of holidays! 😖

I'm looking for recommendations for a nice mandarine/orange candle - nothing too strong, or expensive, but something lovely and orangey. 😊 I bought some wax melts last month and had to bin them, they were very strong and hurt my chest. 😬 I remember having a gorgeous mandarine/orange perfume from M&S years ago and honestly, it was gurgeous! I love that scent as it smells warming and very summery. I love a nice coconut/sunscreen smell, too - need something to remind me of holidays! 😖
There is some lovely really strong orange scented ones in the Asda range as commended above!

Yankee "Stoney Cove" has that holiday smell as does pink sands - but I don't find that one to be very strong.

I bought some Dove soap scented ones from an Ebay merchant which were nice too. They smelt quite sunscreeny.

There is some lovely really strong orange scented ones in the Asda range as commended above!

Yankee "Stoney Cove" has that holiday smell as does pink sands - but I don't find that one to be very strong.

I bought some Dove soap scented ones from an Ebay merchant which were nice too. They smelt quite sunscreeny.
Ohh they sound lovely, thank you. 😃 I bought some wax melts from Asda, not their own brand, think they're American ones. One flavour is cupcake and it's nice, they were on offer for something like 3 for £5 at the time - are they the same ones or actual Asda own make ones?

And that Yankee Stoney Cove one seems good as I don't like anything too strong, it irritates my chest - I'm the same with some cleaning products.

Another vote for the Asda wax melts, particularly Ecru Linen! I don’t normally like linen scents but that is so clean and gorgeous.
Thank you. 😊 Is it really strong? I like a scent but one that's not overpowering.

I would say Ecru Linen is really overpowering. It's so lovely but even half a melt makes the whole house smell. Personally I like it that way but as you get irritated Cuddle Up is a gentler option. The blue coloured Laundry is nice too, it's a linen smell but has citrus undertones, it throws round the house well as with that particular melt I barely notice it on downstairs (where my burner is) but I will go upstairs and it reaks of it. Does anyone else find this with the blue laundry asda melt? Warm Cashmere (the linen/vanilla smelling one) seems to do it too.

Last edited:
Ohh they sound lovely, thank you. 😃 I bought some wax melts from Asda, not their own brand, think they're American ones. One flavour is cupcake and it's nice, they were on offer for something like 3 for £5 at the time - are they the same ones or actual Asda own make ones?

And that Yankee Stoney Cove one seems good as I don't like anything too strong, it irritates my chest - I'm the same with some cleaning products.

Thank you. 😊 Is it really strong? I like a scent but one that's not overpowering.
That’s them! The American ones. Yeah ecru linen is really strong. I love that but it might not be for you if you like it more subtle.

I get a 12 pack of mixed fragrances Nag Champa Insense, very nice.
I've given up on candles after a friend lost everything when her house burned down with one. She was just left with her nightdress that was it.

• Wow
I’ve got an Air Wick plug-in in my bedroom, lavender oil. It’s so strong! I like lavender but it gives me a headache.

I’ve got an Air Wick plug-in in my bedroom, lavender oil. It’s so strong! I like lavender but it gives me a headache.
I find Air Wick very strong, it irritates my chest. I bought an Air Wick Sweet Pea air freshener and I had to open the window, it made me cough! I wanted a nice smell as I've got dogs, but that's too much!

When I was in Asda, I looked at the candles and I spotted a new one I'd not seen before, it's in a dark brown glass bottle, posh looking and think it's called no 1, and was white something with eucalyptus, it was £4 and although I couldn't smell it much with my mask, what I could smell was nice! 😃

Can't remember if I have already commented on this... Lol.

DW Candles (can get them at Homesense)
Sandlewood myrrh
Warm tobacco pipe
Fresh brew
Santal musk
Smoked birch and myrrh
Eucalyptus and rosemary
Green tea leaves

Bath and Body Works:
Black cherry merlot
Eucalyptus and spearmint
Vanilla patchouli
Fresh cut lilacs

I’m not sure if they are in stock atm as haven’t been for a while but the Aldi jo malone dupes are really good. I particularly like the blackberry bay one

Reactions: 3