Fathering Autism #86 Hogsaiah exposed the truck, Asa is saying “what the duck"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not saying it’s untrue 😂 I’m just saying the way people talk on here about autism is really disrespectful.
I agree A&P are wrong, Abi deserves better than them.
But also what more do you guys know than them?
A lot of her posture etc is probably a sensory issue, something she does to feel comfortable and fulfills her sensory needs.
I’m out now, yeah I don’t agree with what they put on YouTube and the therapy they use but most of you have no experience or education in special education needs and it shows.
This isn't the special education needs forum.
Also, it doesn't take a formal education to see that Abbie's problems are not just "Autism".
Abbie is profoundly IDD, DD, whatever word you want to use, insert it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Maybe the comment should have been worded better then?
Maybe saying A&P really need to get help for Abi’s posture, rather than “abi has the gait of an old woman and the temper of a toddler”.
Maybe the comment should have been worded better?
Why?
So it makes you feel better?
How about you focus on how you word things and allow everyone else to do the same.
Abbie does have the gait of an old lady. Her facial structure, unfortunately, has a similar appearance to an elderly lady as well. Not her fault. Still the truth. Nobody is laughing about it. Nobody is making fun.
They keep feeding her like a fast food addicted baby elephant at the zoo, then eventually she is going to have the gait of an old, obese woman. Just like her Big,Greasy-faced Mama Sow.
Nobody has to be an Autism expert to see that tit!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Maybe the comment should have been worded better?
Why?
So it makes you feel better?
How about you focus on how you word things and allow everyone else to do the same.
Abbie does have the gait of an old lady. Her facial structure, unfortunately, has a similar appearance to an elderly lady as well. Not her fault. Still the truth. Nobody is laughing about it. Nobody is making fun.
They keep feeding her like a fast food addicted baby elephant at the zoo, then eventually she is going to have the gait of an old, obese woman. Just like her Big,Greasy-faced Mama Sow.
Nobody has to be an Autism expert to see that tit!
Her back and legs will continue to get worse. Her arms/hands have always concerned me - how she folds them in on each other when she does the squeezing stim - I know I'm not describing that well. But her arm and hand muscle tone is so poor. Why has there been no therapy for that. It's been that way for a very long time. She will be bent over and her legs may not be able to support her. It's just neglect all the way around.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Maybe the comment should have been worded better then?
Maybe saying A&P really need to get help for Abi’s posture, rather than “abi has the gait of an old woman and the temper of a toddler”.
Those are words describing the physical aspects that could be helped, if not eliminated by physical therapy and following through with the therapies she has had in the past( ABA,). As she has gotten older she has regressed more and more, especially when Crazy Nanny left and a few of her teachers and now Brandy seems to be gone, she does not have the structure that they...not her parents.... worked hard to get Abbie to a point of learning small tasks. No one hates on Abbie, it would be a good idea to go way back and read past posts vice making an assumption that is incorrect. Other adults have been successful with Abbies behavior where she did not throw tantrums.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Have you ever met someone with severe autism? I don’t think this comment is particularly fair on Abi, she can’t exactly help it .
By all means snark on A&P for how they handle it, but don’t think it’s fair to say that about Abi as it’s not something she can help.
I don't think this comment is making fun of Abbie. I see you are new here so welcome to our group. Discussing Abbie's hunched profile, swaying gate etc are health concerns which her parents seem to not care about. With Abbie it is a fine line between stims and bad behavior, also discussed here. They have never disciplined her and provided consequences with her behavior just like you would any child even toddlers. If you pay attention you will notice that when Abbie is told to do something her BEHAVIOR is to stomp, vocalize loudly, and shake her head no. This comment said that Abbie is lazy like her mom. So please tell me why this offended you?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m not saying it’s untrue 😂 I’m just saying the way people talk on here about autism is really disrespectful.
I agree A&P are wrong, Abi deserves better than them.
But also what more do you guys know than them?
A lot of her posture etc is probably a sensory issue, something she does to feel comfortable and fulfills her sensory needs.
I’m out now, yeah I don’t agree with what they put on YouTube and the therapy they use but most of you have no experience or education in special education needs and it shows.
Well folks, all tattlers who work with disabled people (including autism), those who work in social services, those who teach, those who have advanced degrees in these areas BUT most importantly those who have autism and autistic children please stand up for my applause. NOW miss "new member" you need to apologize to this group for your erroneous assumptions.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.