Fathering Autism #82 A&P got a brand new biz, next scheme scamming kids

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Assa's narrative in this video is that Brandy used ABA to get Abbie to a place where they could do these tests without her fighting them. They will never admit that she was drugged. Another progression of Abbie for the leghumpers to ohh and ahh over. I don't remember which Tattler caught the still picture of Abbie quite obviously medicated. Please take a bow. 💐👏🍾

Thank you Kermy and Exposing Liars for the new thread and title. Y'all rock!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm going to repost this here, because I think I may have added the second part after Kermy posted the link to the new thread, so I'm not sure if people will have seen it:

I was also curious if it’s something Ab could learn to do. Working on wearing the cuff over a period of weeks/months. Then move towards wearing the cuff and actually taking the blood pressure. Blood pressure machines are sold all over now at an affordable price. The amount of sodium that family ingests I worry about her weight gain potential and elevated blood pressure even at her age. 😔
I am 100% certain Abbie could have learned to tolerate a BP cuff by now, if her parents had worked on it consistently with her and her therapists. @Lizaable90 brought up some methods that could work. Instead, they choose to spend their time endlessly teaching her how to do household chores like emptying the dishwasher or putting laundry in the dryer. I suspect it's because A&P don't really care if Abbie has a hard time at the doctor...it doesn't inconvenience them much, and they can blame it on autism, so who cares if Abbie is distressed or unable to get proper medical care? And because it doesn't feed into their delusion of Abbie living independently the way household chores do.

I remember P talking about a food truck and a cookbook. Has P ever talked about opening a business to provide jobs for people with disabilities, or is this the first time hearing about this being a longtime passion of hers? Thanks ahead of time
I don't recall P ever talking about it...although Asa has highlighted a few businesses (the one I remember clearly was a coffee shop) that employs people with disabilities and talked about wanting to do something like that for Abbie. Interestingly, the coffee shop he talked about is also a franchise...so why didn't the Maasses open one of those instead? I wonder if it's because the coffee shop has very clear financial requirements for their franchisees (and, I would guess, requires them to follow equally stringent rules for hiring and management of their special-needs employees): https://www.bittyandbeauscoffee.com/franchise/ SelfieWRLD, on the other hand, has no info up front about what is required to own a franchise: https://selfiewrld.com/franchise/

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm going to repost this here, because I think I may have added the second part after Kermy posted the link to the new thread, so I'm not sure if people will have seen it:

I am 100% certain Abbie could have learned to tolerate a BP cuff by now, if her parents had worked on it consistently with her and her therapists. @Lizaable90 brought up some methods that could work. Instead, they choose to spend their time endlessly teaching her how to do household chores like emptying the dishwasher or putting laundry in the dryer. I suspect it's because A&P don't really care if Abbie has a hard time at the doctor...it doesn't inconvenience them much, and they can blame it on autism, so who cares if Abbie is distressed or unable to get proper medical care? And because it doesn't feed into their delusion of Abbie living independently the way household chores do.

I don't recall P ever talking about it...although Asa has highlighted a few businesses (the one I remember clearly was a coffee shop) that employs people with disabilities and talked about wanting to do something like that for Abbie. Interestingly, the coffee shop he talked about is also a franchise...so why didn't the Maasses open one of those instead? I wonder if it's because the coffee shop has very clear financial requirements for their franchisees (and, I would guess, requires them to follow equally stringent rules for hiring and management of their special-needs employees): https://www.bittyandbeauscoffee.com/franchise/ SelfieWRLD, on the other hand, has no info up front about what is required to own a franchise: https://selfiewrld.com/franchise/
I have a good but bad thing with Bitty and Beaus, that not a lot of people know... Did you know that Abbie currently could not even be employed by them? I know because our market just got one. They only use individuals with IDD and they use non-profit organizations to hire out from. Even our dual diagnosed individuals cannot be apart of most of these non-profits because they do not allow for individuals to be on a dual diagnosis or have an Autism diagnosis too. Yes, think it is only the general public that ostracizes individuals with Autism, think again, even organizations that support other disabilities will do so also..

So, not to support A&P on their idiotic hairbrained idea of opening Selfie World, but why would they open a shop that currently their child wouldn’t even be considered to work for? Selfie World would actually give her a better shot for employment..

I would love to see the requirements for the franchise of Selfie World though!

Also, I hope A&P look that lease for the mall over with a fine tooth comb. I know in our area, if a place within the mall fails to stay open or open when the mall time does, they are fined heavily for mall security. The mall security has to send an officer to watch over the store and it is billed back to the company. So, all those days that Abbie is late to school, someone will probably be late for work too..

Reactions: 19

This is awful but I think the only reason they got her through this is so that 1. They keep getting her the drugs to sedate her. 2. Verification for state/insurance mandatory visit to keep getting “all the things”. Again if there is nothing in it for them I bet they don’t take her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have a good but bad thing with Bitty and Beaus, that not a lot of people know... Did you know that Abbie currently could not even be employed by them? I know because our market just got one. They only use individuals with IDD and they use non-profit organizations to hire out from. Even our dual diagnosed individuals cannot be apart of most of these non-profits because they do not allow for individuals to be on a dual diagnosis or have an Autism diagnosis too. Yes, think it is only the general public that ostracizes individuals with Autism, think again, even organizations that support other disabilities will do so also..

So, not to support A&P on their idiotic hairbrained idea of opening Selfie World, but why would they open a shop that currently their child wouldn’t even be considered to work for? Selfie World would actually give her a better shot for employment..
Oh that's interesting! I have a question, as on Tattle everyone uses "IDD" to mean an intellectual disability...whereas out in the world "ID" is typically the abbreviation for an intellectual disability, while "IDD" is an umbrella term for intellectual & developmental disabilities in general (which sometimes includes autism and sometimes doesn't, depending on the agency using the term). Do you mean that Bitty & Beau's only hires people with a single intellectual disability diagnosis? Or that they hire people with intellectual & developmental disabilities in general...but that the organizations they hire through often do not include people with autism in that group?

Reactions: 9
Oh that's interesting! I have a question, as on Tattle everyone uses "IDD" to mean an intellectual disability...whereas out in the world "ID" is typically the abbreviation for an intellectual disability, while "IDD" is an umbrella term for intellectual & developmental disabilities in general (which sometimes includes autism and sometimes doesn't, depending on the agency using the term). Do you mean that Bitty & Beau's only hires people with a single intellectual disability diagnosis? Or that they hire people with intellectual & developmental disabilities in general...but that the organizations they hire through often do not include people with autism in that group?
I have always used IDD because I have always seen it referred to as intellectual and developmental disabilities. I have never seen a differential and am definitely not always politically correct. So, forgive me if it is incorrect. I also use both Autistic and person with Autism language, personally because at the end of the day, I don’t have time to split hairs with people...
In our market area, Bitty & Beaus have decided to only hire individuals that are coming from 2 different non-profit organizations that work with the school systems directly. For an teenager to get a referral out to one of those two organizations, first, they have to be within the public school system for that county, and second, they can only have an intellectual disability on their IEP. Meaning, if they have a secondary, like Autism, Speech/Language disorder, etc., they are denied referrals to one of those organizations and are sent to others that also handle Autism.
Some of our older individuals were already within these two organizations but last year, the non-profits even did a clear out of dual diagnosis (for Autism secondary dx only) and referred those individuals out to other non-profits for vocational services, which is really very small piece work or warehousing jobs. It was a way to clear house and be ready to job train only IDD individuals..
But Bitty and Beaus has made it clear, they are not interested with anyone that has an Autism diagnosis. They have also made it clear that they won’t even hire anyone from a private school nor homeschool...

• Wow
  • Sad
Someone asked what she may be signing in the car. I don't think she was signing. I think it was stimming. She was eating her hair however.

1617594921495.png
1617594967282.png

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Someone asked what she may be signing in the car. I don't think she was signing. I think it was stimming. She was eating her hair however.

View attachment 514660View attachment 514661
This needs to immediately be stopped. If she cannot stop eating her hair, then it needs to be cut immediately...
This has already made the news many years ago and thankfully this child was verbal and could tell her parents she was sick... Can you imagine Abbie never being able to tell her parents that her belly hurt???
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-girls-stomach-kept-eating-locks-9736926/amp/

Recovery from this type of surgery is no joke, when they have to cut into the stomach. Priscilla, you should know this! Imagine Abbie having to have that same type of surgery but to remove all the hair that she has eaten because you have to make her have long hair..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Thanks so much for the new thread.
I've not actually watched a vlog in over a month! I just can't stand to see or hear anything those Asshole's have to say. So I really appreciate all the breakdowns and insights posted here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Going back to what a previous poster said about teaching thank you in the UK and starting with 'ta'. I absolutely despise hearing small children say ta. It makes me cringe so bad. I delayed teaching my daughter thank you until she could actually say it properly. She learnt please very early. Now she's coming up to 3 and she is able to use please, thank you, no thank you, pardon me and excuse me reasonably effectively. People have complimented her on her manners which makes me well up with pride for her.

I don't know what developmental age we all think Abbie is at but I'm sure learning even one sign for politeness would look good for their parenting skills and earn them some kudos. Isn't that all they care about?

• Heart
Going back to what a previous poster said about teaching thank you in the UK and starting with 'ta'. I absolutely despise hearing small children say ta. It makes me cringe so bad. I delayed teaching my daughter thank you until she could actually say it properly. She learnt please very early. Now she's coming up to 3 and she is able to use please, thank you, no thank you, pardon me and excuse me reasonably effectively. People have complimented her on her manners which makes me well up with pride for her.

I don't know what developmental age we all think Abbie is at but I'm sure learning even one sign for politeness would look good for their parenting skills and earn them some kudos. Isn't that all they care about?
That was me!! Yes, I hate the word ta and never use it myself. It was just an example that even using a one syllable word starts the process of learning etc. Much prefer when I hear full manners though!

Reactions: 9
That was me!! Yes, I hate the word ta and never use it myself. It was just an example that even using a one syllable word starts the process of learning etc. Much prefer when I hear full manners though!
I guess in the states we don’t use the word ta. The closest thing would be thanks. I actually despise that word over thank you. I completely understand about the manners thing and being raised in the south and then raising children, please and thank you were taught right after Mom and Dad... It is a huge sign of respect in the south and I cannot believe Asa nor Priscilla think that it isn’t necessary for Abbie to learn.
Even if it doesn’t mean anything to her, it means a lot to others around her. Even Priscilla could use a “thank you” for giving her dinner.
Abbie is definitely being raised to become a spoiled brat and sadly, when individuals hits a certain age, the cuteness factor leaves (which is fading by the day), the aggression turns into full out rage, and no one can individually handle her, the outcome looks grim on where she will eventually be placed..

• Heart
I guess in the states we don’t use the word ta. The closest thing would be thanks. I actually despise that word over thank you. I completely understand about the manners thing and being raised in the south and then raising children, please and thank you were taught right after Mom and Dad... It is a huge sign of respect in the south and I cannot believe Asa nor Priscilla think that it isn’t necessary for Abbie to learn.
Even if it doesn’t mean anything to her, it means a lot to others around her. Even Priscilla could use a “thank you” for giving her dinner.
Abbie is definitely being raised to become a spoiled brat and sadly, when individuals hits a certain age, the cuteness factor leaves (which is fading by the day), the aggression turns into full out rage, and no one can individually handle her, the outcome looks grim on where she will eventually be placed..
It’s interesting that they often have told her to sign thank you when they are out or if given something. I just can’t stand his inconsistency and HIS lack of general manners too!

Reactions: 21
It’s interesting that they often have told her to sign thank you when they are out or if given something. I just can’t stand his inconsistency and HIS lack of general manners too!
Oh, I can’t stand his manners!! Well, actually the lack of manners. I think even Isaiah has probably had an issue around Boone because of his lack of manners. The town is use to it, they get kids in from everywhere but you can tell in a shop, which kids come in and out and are seen as the favorites and which ones are tolerated...
I am trying to figure out where Asa’s parents went wrong with him. His siblings seem like pretty good people. His parents, even though they divorced, really seemed to find their way and have new loves and found new lives to live... Can’t blame it on the Coast Guard either, as they would have taught even more manners and discipline...

• Heart
I am trying to figure out where Asa’s parents went wrong with him. His siblings seem like pretty good people. His parents, even though they divorced, really seemed to find their way and have new loves and found new lives to live... Can’t blame it on the Coast Guard either, as they would have taught even more manners and discipline...
I think what happens outside the home matters a lot more than parents like to think. No child is going to be perfect...we all end up with some "bad" traits as young kids, no matter how wonderful our parents are at raising us. And if we go out into the world and find friends or romantic partners or teachers who encourage/reward those traits, it's gonna be really hard for us to believe our parents when they say we shouldn't act that way. I mean, if my dad says I should be nice to everybody, but I gain social status from being mean...well, it seems like being mean pays off, right? If my mom says I shouldn't cheat on my assignments, but I do and I am rewarded with good grades...well, it seems like cheating actually is the better decision. And it starts early. Developmentally speaking, around 7-9 years old is when we start to become way more sensitive to the world outside of our family...and friends, teachers, media, etc. start to become a bigger and bigger influence. So even if Asa's parents were 100% great...they wouldn't have been the only influence in his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.