Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thanks @heretoreaditall2019 and @Dogmuck for the much appreciated career advice for son....just need to try and persuade him that recruitment is not the way to go...I think he'd be daft to turn down such an amazing opportunity with Barclays and all the career development they can offer- plus their 'campus' looks amazing
mind you when I was applying to go to Uni, many moons ago, I received a much coveted place to do physio at a top college in Edinburgh , but was put off because I didn't like the polyester uniform or the lack of male students ( this was early 80's- how things have changed!)
I started off studying Geology ( because I loved hillwalking and thought there would be loads of hunky outdoor types 😂....how wrong I was, turned out I hated the subject and there was far too much physics in it for my liking, so switched to MA Geography)
Then the graduate job sector flopped and I couldn't get on any training schemes...., long story short, I retrained as a Nurse as husband was a Dr at the time ( he's since retrained in the Legal profession!) so would be able to get jobs easily wherever he was working and now wear a horrible uniform anyway!
Although I may not have fulfilled my potential, however, at least I'm not a racist midwife or have a twat for a husband!
This speaks to me too, I really get it and especially the desire for your LO to do better and not make the same “mistakes” we have, mine is only one so we’re more focused on emotion regulation than grad schemes lol but I see myself in your comments just wanting the world for them! The most important thing to remember is that he has the luxury of choice which is amazing, and no matter what he’s got a supportive mum and dad behind him to talk through these decisions with & do post mortums on what you can learn from this mistake / disaster to make a better next step if he does find himself unstuck. That’s the best thing we can do for them no matter the age, but do agree to get him on that 🔥 grad scheme 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Thuderfly

As far as i was aware she was never a band 6 ? A band 6 is equivalent to a junior sister
Dunno maybe not. Can’t be sure of her specific banding, but I would assume she is a 6 due to her length of service.
Where I work midwives get their band 6 rapidly. Slightly different to nursing in that it’s a progression most midwives go through, no interview required.

Reactions: 2

that1

Chatty Member
You're on Tattle but don't know about Clem? 🤔 Have a Google.... You're welcome 😉
oh no I know about the account and the whole scandal I just mean, I didn’t follow her much or know much about her. Just that she was a midwife who trolled… herself.

Reactions: 2