Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maia0208

i've only just made an account so sorry for the length of this lol

i used to really enjoy family vloggers, especially family fizz because mia was close to my age and i felt like they were a very interesting family to watch because of their minimalist, health-orientated lifestyle. for me, they started changed when they moved out of the initial 'creation station'. the girls had friends and a stable education there and i think it was really weird that they pulled mia out of school to do home learning without really talking about why, i mean, thats the point of a lifestyle vlogger is it not? to talk about what you do and why? once they moved, you could see the money getting to their heads as the videos became less about 'family trip to london' and more about clickbait titles, challenges and exaggerated baby content. i gave up with watching them after they moved to dubai or wherever the hell it was, they became disengaged and detatched from reality with all their videos being about winning money or expensive goods, it was really unrelatable and completely the opposite of what they built their career off. the fact that they only upload once a fortnight or however often it is now is also VERY fustrating because they built their brand off the 'daily family vlogger' wholesome lifestyle and now they can't be arsed. they dont even edit their own videos so its even less authentic. nowadays they just seem like ingenuine, false 'happy' patronisers that put a front on for the cash grab. anyone else sick of the overexcitable, fake front they put on for their 10 minute performance every so often? because i sure am

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Stephie

VIP Member
Family Fizz clickbaiting pregnancy again. But worse still 'pranking' the kids implying it's positive. That Georgie is one twisted mother. Must be awful not knowing when you're mother is lying or telling the truth

• Angry

sunflower_boot

WOW you're not kidding. The way she flaunts her teen body is scary (if she was an adult, it's her call, but at her age everything she does would need parental consent) and I can't believe they're okay with it. The amount of weirdos who will watch that video is scary...

Also, explain to me how this new COPPA thing is there to protect minors yet a minor can post videos like she does (how to insert a tampon?? Wtf??)
This is what confuses me so much! In the video Georgie said that she wouldn't be comfortable going to the beach with Mia wearing one of the bikinis, yet she's comfortable with Mia posting a video wearing it online?? At the beach people would see her and forget about it by the next day but now its online forever.

It was also hard to tell if Mia was comfortable herself showing off the bikinis? I know she is a little awkward but seemed more so in the video with the faces she was pulling as Georgie critiqued each outfit and in that she just walked out and said "mum" - no showing off the outfit, no turning around or anything. I'm assuming the video was her idea and not either parents. If so, she's trying to grow up way too fast, copying these types of videos from other youtubers that are in their 20's (bikini try-on hauls; parents rate my clubbing outfits; etc.) and the fact that her parents are allowing it and not attempting to regulate her content is so disappointing.

Sunshineandshadows

Just checked Mia’s channel and her latest video is titled “Letting my MUM photoshop me ‘HOTTER’”, complete with a bikini shot in the thumbnail! This family is so creepy. If my 15 year old daughter asked me to edit her bikini photos so she looked ‘hotter’ and then post them online, I’d be saying no and having a discussion about why it’s inappropriate. Mia is young with little life experience, her parents need to be protecting her, not encouraging her to endanger herself
I feel like videos like this are so damaging. She has such a young not to mention impressionable fan base, and she's telling them that to be prettier you have to photoshop yourself rather than being comfortable and feeling pretty in your own skin. Its not really the kind of message you should be sending to young girls as it leads to such unrealistic expectations that they have to have the skinniest waist, or a thigh gap, or big boobs etc and it is often a cause for things like eating disorders, mental health issues and so on . Totally irresponsible 🙄

Although Mia has decided exams aren’t for her, I don’t agree with her justification of it ‘because I won’t be working for someone else’. I do like Family Fizz for the most part but I do disagree with airing views like this online. They have a lot of young impressionable viewers who could take this idea on board and slack at school thinking exams aren’t important as they don’t plan on ‘working for someone else’ either.

Also it’s none of my business really, but I hope these views haven’t been passed on to Sienna. She strikes me as very enthusiastic about learning, and while she may be a bit behind academically (due to no fault of her own, it’s how she’s been schooled) I genuinely think she would thrive and do extremely well at mainstream school. You can tell that she’s a very bright little girl, and could go very far in life. I hope she will be encouraged to sit exams in due course.
As someone who was actually homeschooled from ages 4-7, it really does put you behind and at such a disadvantage. The reason I was homeschooled was because my parents jobs required them to move very frequently and so changing schools every term was not ideal, however they settled down when I was 5/6 and I continued to be homeschooled.
I like Sienna, was always interested and curious about everything, wanting to do experiments and all sorts but homeschooling doesn't give you that and so I asked my parents to send me to school. I think that was the best decision I ever made...I started school in Year 3, and though it took a few terms to get up to speed with everybody else, I absolutely thrived. I made friends that I still talk to today, I began to excel in subjects like maths and science, I had so many more opportunities to do extra curricular things like music, like I can now play the piano and the violin. I had friends who went to gymnastics and invited me along and I loved it and carried on with the sport until now.
School honestly did so much good for me, I sat my GCSE's and got all A*, I also sat my A-levels 2 years ago and got 3 A*'s, and now im currently doing a medical degree at university.
If I had been homeschooled I wouldn't have had any of the opportunities I have now, I would be nowhere near where I am now, and probably a completely different person.
I understand it is a personal choice, but I am simply one of many stories of kids who absolutely thrived going to school and sitting exams. I am so glad that I asked my parents and said 'do you know what I don't really like homeschool I think id be better off in mainstream' because it hands down did me the world of good.

It would be such a shame if they didn't send Sienna to school. I feel like I was exactly like her when I was 7/8, and I just wanted to know more about everything and she would do so well because she is incredibly bright, and would be such a shame to see her intelligence go to waste.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PurpleBroccoliBetch

Recently I’ve actually been watching the ingham family’s videos and think, through all their faults, they’re definitely better parents than Georgie and Darren. At least Isabelle is doing her GCSEs and they make sure the girls do school work, whether or not they’re actually in school or not. I don’t agree with a lot of things Chris and Sarah do (I think no matter how nice they seem all family vloggers are exploiting their children) but I think they’ve instilled into their girls that an education is important. I can see them being fully supportive if their children want to move on to higher education and get jobs where they’d need qualifications and have careers and lives other than what’s shown on social media, were as, I don’t think the same can be said for family fizz.
sorry but the ingham family are not better than family fizz, the dad is an actual paedophile, the uncle is in jail for being a child groomer, sarah is the biggest lying skanky cunt that ever lived. and they have not ever said education is important, izzzy gets taken out of school for being a bully, they go on holiday multiple times a year..

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Considering Georgie grew up in a 'cult' and hated it, its pretty sad shes now bringing up her children the same way.

Itsnotmeitsyou

Chatty Member
Hope nobody minds me starting off thread 3 - there was only the 1 thread title suggestion which I’ve used. First time doing this so hope I’ve done it right!!

• Haha
I seem to remember that the midwife was a sort of "alternative midwife"... because the methods of the NHS apparently aren't good enough for Family Fizz. I think Koa would be fine with citizenship as both of his parents are British, and you can't get UAE citizenship just by being born there.

As much as I don't want them to, they'll probably return to Dubai. They don't really care about "cultural experiences" anymore, just living a life of luxury in a place where most people speak English so they don't have to make the effort to learn a language (I remember in Gran Canaria Georgie especially struggled with the language barrier as she didn't really attempt to learn Spanish at all- Mia was really the only one who was serious about it)

What is most ironic to me about them choosing to live in Dubai is not the fact that they claimed to be "minimalists" and now spend all their time going to the mall, but the fact that they preach so much about how animals deserve rights, but choose to live in a country that doesn't even give humans basic rights. I find it so hypocritical that they said they thought having a pet was "cruel" yet choose to live in a country that stones and flogs humans for being gay/atheist etc. Some of the stuff that happens in that country is truly truly awful. You only have to take a look at this webpage:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates They care about a sardine's rights but continue to put their money into this country's economy

Reactions: 21

chocolate choux

VIP Member
It not even accurate what he said about it being "brain rot" and he seemed to be very fixated on the idea of not being "mainstream" They have to realise that they aren't that special.
“Brain rot”
This is coming from the man who doesn’t send his kids to school, doesn’t provide effective homeschooling, doesn’t think exams and qualifications are important. His family make a living through doing stupid challenges and other inane videos on YouTube. They travel and live in foreign countries yet don’t bother learning the languages or cultures (with the exception of Mia’s Spanish). A bit of mainstream TV could be amongst the least brain-rotting parts of their existence

• Heart

Tricham

Chatty Member
GUYS THEY BOUGHT A DOG irresponsible and stupid

Poor baby being constantly licked by a dog. That’s horrible
Georgie saying about dogs having clean saliva. Yes, we know their saliva has anti-bacterial properties but they do still lick their bums and even sometimes eat their faeces, so still not ideal to let her lick Koa's mouth!

I know she's just a toddler but did anyone see Karma pinching the dog? Didn't scold her for it! You're vegans! Teach her to have respect.

Itsnotmeitsyou

Chatty Member
I think georgie is a good mother too. I think they are generally good people with good intentions. Not perfect but decent people. Unlike the inghams who are literally evil to the core imo
They’re just like the Inghams by the fact they’ve prostituted their children’s childhoods. Both sets of parents think more of money than their kids privacy.

Thewayitis

I’ve just watched their video about camping in their garden and I was shocked that Georgie was allowing Karma to play with Siennas toothbrush in the dirt, and then said they’d wash it in the river! That is so unhygienic, especially in the middle of a pandemic! Maybe if she actually allowed her kids to have real toys that wouldn’t have had to happen.
I also have no idea what inclined them to think that staying in their garden for 24 hours, with a baby and a toddler was a good idea!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Sunshineandshadows

What made me laugh was when Mia said in her assumptions video 'I dont really get invited to parties' - I mean you have to have friends for that Mia 😂

• Haha
  • Sad

Cookies Monster

Sorry to bring it up again, but in the "Saying YES to EVERYTHING Mia WANTS for 24 Hours!" vlog at the end when Karma crawled up on Georgie and ripped her shirt down for milk, made me super uncomfortable. If your kid can speak and vocalize and pull your shirt down for your tit STOP breast feeding.
If you sexualise breasts then yes it would be uncomfortable viewing. However Karma just wanted some milk and comfort. Nothing wrong with that.

• Heart

Catlover360

My girls love having a bath with me sometimes. I don’t hide my body from them. They are 6 and 8. I was the same with my older children. Only stopped with my boys once they became older and didn’t want to be seeing their mum naked. I think it’s natural and teaches children a lot about bodies and confidence and what’s normal etc. It’s actually shocking that sienna didn’t know much when Mia was talking to her about the female body etc. Unless she was faking? I mean she has watched her mum give birth twice!! She should know more than most 8 year olds really. My girls know about periods etc. Not to much scientific detail yet but they know what one is and what will happen etc again because they have seen me when going to the toilet sometimes etc. This is one of the less weird things about this family. Georgie seems to be getting worse though. She honestly scares me. She is like some obsessed women with wanting everything to be natural etc. I get natural things. I’ve used cloth nappies and reusable sanitary pads which are fab. But I don’t know georgie comes across as just weird. The way she speaks is creepy. And I’m sure putting all that salt in the bath isn’t healthy. I use salts and it’s very clear about how long you should stay in them and that you must rinse your skin with clean water after using. I wouldn’t be using anything like that on a baby or child. There is just no need really. I don’t know what’s going with them right now, maybe it’s the strain of being stuck in the uk that’s making her a bit crazy. Something is not right though. Even more than normal

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

turtleneck10

I never get much out of their assumptions videos but a few things;

Sienna was sooo quiet and I almost felt like she was truly hurt when Georgie said she wasn't her fave. I also felt a disconnect between Sienna and Darren which made me a bit sad... they used to have such a close relationship.

Karma does whatever she wants and doesn't get disciplined (even 2 year old appropriate discipline)

where the heck does Mia think she's going to find friends to live with? People meet friends AT SCHOOL! Or at least at other social engagements of which she does not attend...

• Sad

leni18

VIP Member
Darren and georgie maybe giving those children a life so many would love in their dreams, traveling seeing the world and maybe set up financially for life But that's it, these 4 children would never of known stability, friendships, education, and life skills.
They probably cant read, write, know maths, know how, to speak and communicate to real people only a camera, way below their age range, they own hardly anything, don't know where they'll be living from one minute to next, suffocated and controlled by the parents over everything including the food they eat, georgie is under Darren's control big time. Darren has the look of a control freak as well as acts like one.
They have changed so much since karma came along even georgies dress sense has changed. They feel a cult kind of family and very regimental.

• Heart
Moving in to our DREAM house!! Except it's just an Air BnB! And we will move into our future dream house in 2 months! Rinse and repeat...

Lovely place but in the middle of apparently nowhere in Portugal... I doubt a lake can be a good substitute for actual friends and human contact, especially since they don't know Portuguese that well :/ I would've gone mad if the only friends my age was my sister.