Fall of the House of Usher

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching this on Netflix?

Didn’t realise it was the new one from Mike Flanagan until we’d watched the first episode.

Looks like it’s going to be a new interpretation of Edgar Allen Poe, and I am all for it!

Reactions: 7
Only realised last night that this was availble, after checking to see if Mike Flanagan had anything new out. Will probably start it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: 2
I want to watch it but found bits of the haunting of hill house TERRIFYING so don’t wanna watch it on my own!

That ending scene in e2 reminded me of that infamous scene in Ghost Ship where they all get cut in half by the wire. Cant say I'm feeling it so far. The music is very Succession.

Reactions: 3
I’m on episode 4. Confused is my current word to describe it haha. I’m hoping it does all become clear the more I watch 🤣

Finished it tonight, absolutely loved it! Trying to work out what my favourite death was, lol.

Reactions: 4
I’ve finished it now. I enjoyed it. Not sure I’d rave over it though but still enjoyed it

Reactions: 1
I finished it all last night after a 2 day binge
Mike flanagans stuff always draws my attention in and I barely even look at my phone!

It did drag a bit towards the end to get to thepoint but was still really enjoyable.

im so glad juno survived and got the $$$

I'm so stupid I saw it pop up on Netflix and thought it was about the singer Usher 😭 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm so stupid I saw it pop up on Netflix and thought it was about the singer Usher 😭 😂
So did I 😂😂😂 thought to myself ‘I wonder if it’s about those rumours of him ‘allegedly’ giving loads of people STI’s’ 😂

I have just started to watch it anyway, it’s so bleeping weird but I can’t stop watching. Probably better than a doc on actual Usher.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So did I 😂😂😂 thought to myself ‘I wonder if it’s about those rumours of him ‘allegedly’ giving loads of people STI’s’ 😂

I have just started to watch it anyway, it’s so bleeping weird but I can’t stop watching. Probably better than a doc on actual Usher.
It is very weird, but Edgar Allen Poe is also incredibly weird… there was a film about him out recently… Christian Bale in it…. Can’t remember what it was called now?

Reactions: 2
i enjoyed it but my god, the monologues. by the last few episodes people weren't even having conversations, they were just monologuing at each other

Reactions: 1
Really enjoyed this and will need to rewatch for all the hidden bits I didnt notice first time round. Bly Manor is still my number 1 though, less scary and very romantic.

I finished it today and really liked it. I described it to my boyfriend as ‘American horror story meets succession’.

nothing beats hill house for me, but this is a joint second with Bly manor. Bly manor feels SO long compared to the others, but I do like it

Haha I’m so glad I’m not the only one that thought it was a documentary about Usher 😂 so skipped past it
After seeing a tik tok I’ve just started it tonight I loved hill house and bly manor

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Loooooved this! I was surprised by the gore, but it worked. I also appreciated how it leaned more heavily into Poe’s work with each episode. Also, Carla Gugino is an absolute ICON. Whatta babe.