Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Im not ok

Haha I’m so glad I’m not the only one that thought it was a documentary about Usher 😂 so skipped past it
After seeing a tik tok I’ve just started it tonight I loved hill house and bly manor

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Vidyagaymes

Anyone watching this on Netflix?

Didn’t realise it was the new one from Mike Flanagan until we’d watched the first episode.

Looks like it’s going to be a new interpretation of Edgar Allen Poe, and I am all for it!

Reactions: 7

Lac1985

I'm so stupid I saw it pop up on Netflix and thought it was about the singer Usher 😭 😂
So did I 😂😂😂 thought to myself ‘I wonder if it’s about those rumours of him ‘allegedly’ giving loads of people STI’s’ 😂

I have just started to watch it anyway, it’s so fucking weird but I can’t stop watching. Probably better than a doc on actual Usher.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Kerrie86

VIP Member
I finished it today and really liked it. I described it to my boyfriend as ‘American horror story meets succession’.

nothing beats hill house for me, but this is a joint second with Bly manor. Bly manor feels SO long compared to the others, but I do like it

Reactions: 4
Loooooved this! I was surprised by the gore, but it worked. I also appreciated how it leaned more heavily into Poe’s work with each episode. Also, Carla Gugino is an absolute ICON. Whatta babe.

Reactions: 4

Vidyagaymes

just finished! what was everyone's favourite death? 💦🦍🐈⬛🫀🪞🏗😴
The pendulum was very satisfying! He deserved that death. And i appreciated how verna explained to him how avoidable it was and that it was all his fault.

I loved Pym and how he accepted his fate in the end.

Reactions: 3

bubbadabut

VIP Member
That ending scene in e2 reminded me of that infamous scene in Ghost Ship where they all get cut in half by the wire. Cant say I'm feeling it so far. The music is very Succession.

Reactions: 3

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
We just finished this last night and loved it. The episode 2 deaths were a bit much, but the pendulum death was so satisfying. Also loved some of the one liners like 'gucci caligula' 🤣

My partner did think that the last episode was a bit dragged out but I liked how it ended.

Reactions: 2

Vidyagaymes

So did I 😂😂😂 thought to myself ‘I wonder if it’s about those rumours of him ‘allegedly’ giving loads of people STI’s’ 😂

I have just started to watch it anyway, it’s so fucking weird but I can’t stop watching. Probably better than a doc on actual Usher.
It is very weird, but Edgar Allen Poe is also incredibly weird… there was a film about him out recently… Christian Bale in it…. Can’t remember what it was called now?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Only realised last night that this was availble, after checking to see if Mike Flanagan had anything new out. Will probably start it tonight. Looking forward to it.