Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stargirl23

VIP Member
I don't think he wants to take too many different things at the moment. He can't have camomile I don't think as it's high fodmap and he has IBS.
I have ibs and I’ve been fine on the camomile tea but I know not everyone can handle it. Nytol is over the counter sleeping tablets so not as strong as prescribed but I know how he feels. I always like to take the minimal amount of tablets as possible. I find reading before bed often helps too. It distracts my mind and gets me sleepy so he could always try that if he’s into reading? There’s a book called reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig it’s a brilliant book if he’s wanting to read that. I was recommended it by my counsellor 4 years ago and it was life changing. Really opened my eyes and was nice to read about someone experiencing what I do and know it’s normal and nothing to be ashamed of. It helped me a lot to understand my brain and why I was feeling the way I was. I got it in a local book shop to be but It’s also on Amazon I believe so you should be able to get it in Ireland

• Heart
Reactions: 7

stargirl23

VIP Member
Thanks Stargirl. He took it. I said he had to at least try. He did feel sleepy at first but then he had to pee about 3 times which woke him up again. Then he just couldn't seem to nod off again. Keeps saying his neck can't get comfortable. Don't think the new pillow helped. Also the bloody cat keeps meowing at the moment as well which doesn't help either. He's a house cat so can't do much with him. I went in the spare room at 3am so I could try and get some sleep although still woke up every couple of hours.
Just feels like groundhog Day at the moment. Keep hoping we'll have a turnaround but I know it will be slow going. It's half term and I took my daughter to my mum's overnight yesterday as I'm supposed to be working this week. I usually go into the office on a Monday and Wednesday but didn't go in yesterday again. This is the third week I haven't been in now. Just don't know what to do for the best at the moment. I Should go in tomorrow but then with hubby as he is I don't want to leave my daughter with him. He's so tired he's barely left the bedroom this last week. My mother in law normally helps out but she's having radiotherapy this week.
He's taken these two weeks off but I know he'll have to do something about work sooner rather than later so there's that added pressure. He is a self employed guitar teacher and I think a lot of people will be understanding but money will an issue eventually. And he's worried some will drop off. He's built up a great business over the years and he doesn't want lose it.
Oh bless him. It’s such a difficult situation to be in and I completely understand your feelings. It’s hard knowing what’s best to do, no one can predict one day to the next and it’s so hard when your normal support network is busy and can’t help out. At the end of the day, work can wait, you need to put yourself and your husband first and if that means staying home to have your daughter tomorrow then I’m sure work will understand. Hopefully if he sticks at the mertazepine for a few days he’ll notice the effects and start sleeping a lot better and then he can think more rational about longer term plan. It’s hard for anyone to make decisions when tired let alone someone who’s struggling to control their own emotions and thoughts. Stay strong my lovely, I know the impact it can have on you loving someone who’s struggling. You’re doing an amazing job and should be very proud of yourself for supporting your husband ❤

• Heart

Joon

VIP Member
Just watched TIME on BBC1...Was really good , about women in prison . Have a lovely day 💛 everyone xxx
---
Hey @Joon how are you? I saw that last video Dave Courtney did explaining why he did that🥺 Very sad 😢 but was lovely to see him smiling and saying he had lived a great life😉 sending love hun ❤ xxxx
Hi lovely xx He had Rhumatroid Arthritis which I have, but myself I get up the sauna then cold pool and watch my diet very carefully as some food can trigger pain, , yes sometimes the pain overwhelms you but there are a lot worse things to have I am not in a wheelchair or use a stick, no one knows I am in pain sometimes, I deal with it and would not kill myself x my children and grandchildren mean the world to me why miss out on them x He also failed to say he had cancer of the prostrate and I heard it was terminal from someone in the industry, so it's very sad. My sister has had RA since the age of 25 after her first child she is now 65 years and still here x 💛

Last edited:
  • Heart

plattyjoobs

VIP Member
It's an Irish woman who is in recovery and moves back to Dublin and is dealing with all her family's secrets and stuff. It's quite good. On ITVx if anyone wanted to give it a go xx
I saw the ad for that the other day and thought it looked good, will give it a go. I’ve just discovered MAFS Australia so I’ve been binging that for the last week 😂

• Haha

Joon

VIP Member
Morning lovelies have a peaceful week whatever you do keep warm and wrap up well 😊 X

• Heart

Jessica_Rabbit

VIP Member
Hi Girls, I have not been on this Thread before. I just found a TV show called "The Dry" has anyone else seen it? X
Hi Guyssssss, Im back in Dublin so I put on the RTE player and found The Dry but for some reason I played the last episode first so I’m gone and ruined the ending FFS 🤦‍♀️ anyway il still watch it, it look good. Also another good Irish series I watched called “Cant cope wont cope” its really good, It’s on the RTE player and Netflix, Barry McGuigan’s (retired Irish boxer) daughter who has now sadly passed is in and it got several awards that Barry and his wife accepted for her, she was only 33 and had colon cancer, terrible but she was fantastic in Cant Cope Wont Cope, its very funny, it’s set in Dublin. Just a suggestion, hope everyone is well x

• Heart

stargirl23

VIP Member
Thank you. Me too! The longer he goes on the more he stresses about work and money.
Oh bless him. It’s not easy at all but he needs to put his health first. I know financially it’s not easy but money can wait, his health can’t x

• Heart

mollyann

VIP Member
Thanks star and crazy❤hardly left my house for five months but it’s a friend I’ve known for ten years who got me the job:) I’ve always worked so been bit tough being on sick.At least now I can start to heal and get out of my four walls.I know you struggle star and I hate when people like prick uses mental health for likes.I’m a firm believer in good things happen when you need them.All have a good night my daughter coming for tea and to watch a film❤❤

• Heart

The Duchess

VIP Member
I went over on there just now (KH thread). Some comments have been deleted. I shouldn't come on here when I've had a drink. I get very defensive about the Fakey's!!! 😅😅 I have to be careful as I've had a few warnings too! I'm being careful now! 😂😂
LOL we know you are dedicated to this thread and like the rest of us can’t wait to see this prick fall… it’s only a matter of time!
Mmmmm yes the “warning” 😂 think im on my last one, Lucy could be too 🤣 I had a lovely “break” from Tattle over christmas 😂🤭
---
You got this lovely, believe in yourself. We’ll all be rooting for you ❤
Thank you all so much ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ my lovely fellow trolls 😂

stargirl23

VIP Member
Keep trying to tell him that. Because he gave up a higher paid job to do this he took on more of the financial burden really so I wasn't affected too much but means he pays a lot of the bills etc from his money. We have some in savings though and if need be I have an ISA etc we could use. He could get a sick note and claim some money if need be I believe as well. He has got health insurance but not sure if he has to be off for a certain time before they start paying out. There's always options.
Yeah I’m not sure how it all works but if she’s there’s options if needed. If he’s stressing over work and money it won’t help him get any better. He needs to think of himself and his health and put that First although I know that’s easier said than done x

• Heart

stargirl23

VIP Member
Rip Nicola, such a sad outcome ❤
---
Hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for the reply. He came off the Sertraline on Friday as he just wasn't sleeping without a sleeping tablet and it seemed to correlate with him starting them. Although he's been having trouble getting comfy in bed too which hasn't helped so have got him a new pillow as well.
He has just picked up a prescription of Mitrazapine to try but is second guessing himself now. He's still so tired and drained and feels a bit overwhelmed about what to do for the best. I feel he needs to try as they could really help. Think he keeps googling things which doesn't help.
He did get some propanol originally but he hasn't had too many physical anxiety symptoms. More just the racing/intrusive thoughts so he didn't stick with them.
I did say did he want to try CBD oil instead first but he didn't seem keen as it would take a day or two to get here and is so worried about sleeping tonight.
I’d say to try the mertazapine. He doesn’t know until he tries how it’ll help him or not. From experience it was so good for me but I know that scary feeling of so I take it don’t I. It’s not and easy decision. But he’s not tied to this for life, all he had to do is try, if it doesn’t work for him again then there’s other options and he can stop it. Just try reassure him as much as you can, which I’m sure you are you seem so lovely and supportive. Google is the worst to self diagnose, easier said than done as I’ve googled before and went into panic mode but try get him to not look at things that’s worrying him and instead ask the professionals any questions he may have. Sending you both love and hope he finds some relief soon ❤

• Heart

Sarivng2022

VIP Member
I have ibs and I’ve been fine on the camomile tea but I know not everyone can handle it. Nytol is over the counter sleeping tablets so not as strong as prescribed but I know how he feels. I always like to take the minimal amount of tablets as possible. I find reading before bed often helps too. It distracts my mind and gets me sleepy so he could always try that if he’s into reading? There’s a book called reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig it’s a brilliant book if he’s wanting to read that. I was recommended it by my counsellor 4 years ago and it was life changing. Really opened my eyes and was nice to read about someone experiencing what I do and know it’s normal and nothing to be ashamed of. It helped me a lot to understand my brain and why I was feeling the way I was. I got it in a local book shop to be but It’s also on Amazon I believe so you should be able to get it in Ireland
Thanks. He was starting to read a little in the afternoons when he normally chills out between lessons but at the moment he's so tired he just can't seem to focus on anything.

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
You ok @CrazyBaldhead? That KH thread is shit and that poster has had a few run in with people, she doesn’t even know who DC16 is on the KP thread, sorry I wasted my energy on her now… has anyone seen the latest comments? Im on possibly my last warning so I cant say anything because il loose my shit? what we just do nothing and look “gormless” ? (that word craics me up because we don’t use it over here 😂)

Was chatting to @Lucyxxxx she said the KH thread is like a rave thread 😂😂😂 dead ⚰
Shes right it it actually if you read over it! KH is no saint or role model either FFS!
I went over on there just now (KH thread). Some comments have been deleted. I shouldn't come on here when I've had a drink. I get very defensive about the Fakey's!!! 😅😅 I have to be careful as I've had a few warnings too! I'm being careful now! 😂😂

• Heart

The Duchess

VIP Member
Thanks Platty x
---

Thanks Platty x
We do chit chat a bit 😳 dont we 😂 Ah no but it’s seriously annoying when the thread goes off topic, I mean I dont mind the odd bit like the champagne flutes were on topic tbf😂

Last edited:

Vanilla Ice

VIP Member
I love this thread everyone on here is so kind and informative giving lots of excellent advice love and encouragement to those that need it so much better than any helpline that i have ever encountered you all deserve extra fakey 🤗 🤗 and 💕💕 and a kindness 🏅 🏅 to each and everyone of you xx

• Heart

Sarivng2022

VIP Member
Oh no what an awful thing that you're all going through. It must be so hard not knowing what to do for the best and the worry you are going through, aswell as having to look after your daughter. I've heard sertraline does get worse before it gets better so maybe give it a little longer and see if any improvements but that's not making you feel any better in the meantime is it ☹. Has he had propanalol. I take that for anxiety which helps me but I suppose it's different for different people. Hope everything gets a bit better soon and he starts to pick up and feel more himself. ❤
---
Sorry I try to keep up with this thread but hardly find time too. I'm off work again and not sure if I'll be able to go back to the unit I work on. I keep getting an infection in my bowel and it's reared its ugly head again this evening. Will have to wait for test results but I know it's started again. I was feeling so well and happy in life and boom hits me again. So now I've got all the stress of what will happen with a job I love. Can they send me elsewhere in the hospital in a lesser risk area or could i lose my job. Sorry to vent..I know people have worse problems going on. Sorry I didn't mean to post this second part attached to your post @sarving2022.
Hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for the reply. He came off the Sertraline on Friday as he just wasn't sleeping without a sleeping tablet and it seemed to correlate with him starting them. Although he's been having trouble getting comfy in bed too which hasn't helped so have got him a new pillow as well.
He has just picked up a prescription of Mitrazapine to try but is second guessing himself now. He's still so tired and drained and feels a bit overwhelmed about what to do for the best. I feel he needs to try as they could really help. Think he keeps googling things which doesn't help.
He did get some propanol originally but he hasn't had too many physical anxiety symptoms. More just the racing/intrusive thoughts so he didn't stick with them.
I did say did he want to try CBD oil instead first but he didn't seem keen as it would take a day or two to get here and is so worried about sleeping tonight.

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Not sure if any of you already know about this. But I do this for my son every year and he absolutely loves it. All you do is make a donation of whatever you wish and you can personalise the letter and add your own message at the bottom. I’ve just ordered mine for this year so thought I’d share the link Incase anyone else wants to get one. Much prefer doing the letter form Santa this way as it’s personal and the moneys going to a good cause x

https://letterfromsanta.nspcc.org.uk/
That's lovely! I'm just sorting out this Christmas' donating to our local Food Bank like I do every year from my salon. My daughter is doing it as well for the first time so they'll be getting the two of us now in and out all the time. I'm also throwing in a raffle this year for a make-over package with other prizes of skincare etc.

Really looking forward to this Christmas as my sister and family are staying over who live in Chicago! 💗

• Heart

Sarivng2022

VIP Member
Oh bless him. It’s such a difficult situation to be in and I completely understand your feelings. It’s hard knowing what’s best to do, no one can predict one day to the next and it’s so hard when your normal support network is busy and can’t help out. At the end of the day, work can wait, you need to put yourself and your husband first and if that means staying home to have your daughter tomorrow then I’m sure work will understand. Hopefully if he sticks at the mertazepine for a few days he’ll notice the effects and start sleeping a lot better and then he can think more rational about longer term plan. It’s hard for anyone to make decisions when tired let alone someone who’s struggling to control their own emotions and thoughts. Stay strong my lovely, I know the impact it can have on you loving someone who’s struggling. You’re doing an amazing job and should be very proud of yourself for supporting your husband ❤
Thanks Stargirl. I wasn't sure if he should maybe try 7.5mg tonight as I read the lower dose can help sleep more. He had 15mg last night which is supposed to help. Maybe he just needs to keep at it. I think he'd just held out hope that it would knock him out as he feels he can't sleep without some kind of help at the moment. He feels quite drowsy this morning but just exhausted and said it's like he's wasting away as each day is a struggle feeling like this at the moment.

• Heart