Faces by Grace #87 My kids love me salmon bowels, I scrape their plates to fill me jowels!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @teeteebee for the winning thread title! Your prize is a mystery dinner cooked by Grace. Chicken or mushroom, who knows. Hope you've no allergies, hun x

Recap of last thread:

Grace went on a last min #pr holiday to Portugal and did a piss poor job advertising it. We are not surprised but we are amused.

She and ZenJen's definitely not rigged competition looks suspiciously like a rigged competition 🤔

Her kids will eat anything dished up for dinner as she doesn't provide any choices. Sorry kids, you'll be gagging on your salmon bowels this evening.

The wiki is currently being compiled. It's a WHOPPER. If you have any favourite FBG moments and/or receipts please add them.

A gentle reminder that if you have an issue with a post please use the report function so mods can deal with it. You can also block posters. This helps keep the thread on topic. Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I am still confused as to why she refers to "her family" separate from the one she married and birthed.

Do you think they ever talk about Greaseys job over dinner?
"Many free thing in the post this week Grace??? How much did you pay to be a shareholder??? Why is Max Parker standing in a bush watching us??"

You know, the usual dinner speak... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm going to try provide a synopsis of the breastfeeding Facebook group debacle, which is when I first came across FBG. I haven't read the wiki yet, so don't know if it has been discussed. Also, please bear with me - it was a good 6/7 years ago (whenever Sienna was born).

After Sienna was born, Grace joined a very supportive Irish breastfeeding Facebook group. This group make no bones about the fact that they are "political" (for want of a better word) around breastfeeding issues, along with being a major support for THOUSANDS of mothers throughout their breastfeeding journey. They are not anti-formula feeding, but anti-formula companies and their underhand tactics. Their major aim, along with support, is education. They are also very clear that they will ALWAYS "provide a breastfeeding solution to a breastfeeding problem". Finally, this FB group have provided a safe space and helped more breastfeeding mothers than any Irish government/healthcare system initiative (or lack there of) ever has.

On looking to join, the admin of this group - realising who Grace was; an instahun - made it clear to Grace that this was a private group, supporting some very vulnerable women. First rule of this FB group: don't name this FB group*

*Obviously the group was known and spoken about, but due to it's nature it was more "tell a genuine friend where to look if they need support, but don't blast it all over socials".

So Grace agreed to the above and to any other rules in place to protect the members. Grace was also made aware of the ('political') nature of the group. But in typical Grace fashion, she didn't listen. Grace presented with a breastfeeding issue, but the bottom line was she wanted to be slapped on the back and told it was grand to stop BF and go on formula. Now, of course that is absolutely anyone's right - but couldn't be further from the premise of this Facebook group and the support they provide. And Grace was explicitly told this.

Members and admin gave up so much of their time trying to support Grace with breastfeeding Sienna, but Grace didn't want to know. She - as always - wanted an easy (to her) option and wanted to be told she was great for giving up breastfeeding etc etc. When that wasn't forthcoming, Baby Grace kicked up a stink. She made up all sorts of stories (lies) and trolled that group all over social media, blasting their name to anyone who would listen. This led to the inevitable. Every weirdo under the sun tried to join the group. Being a BF group, there were lots of 'initimate' pictures that genuine people posted looking for advice, photos of babies, detailed stories etc. Of course no FB group is sacrosanct, but damn if those admin didn't put their all into making it the safest space they could. And after the social media bashing from Grace, they ended up spending more time vetting weirdos than providing support and god knows how many members/would-be members it affected.

Grace left the group and went on to set up her own "support" ahem group on FB. Whatdoyouknow, another doomed FBG project that caused way more harm than good. Grace can barely wash her face, nevermind provide the support a group like that needs. I was never a member, so I don't know what went down, but from what I recall Grace stepped back and watched the world burn.

ETA: I was never affiliated with the group other than being a member at the time, but admin were very clear how things went down; from letting members know FBG was joining but making it clear they had discussed the nature of the group with her beforehand and she had agreed to their privacy rules and promised not to blast them all over social media, so not to worry about continuing to share/look for support as before, to how Grace reacted afterwards when she didn't get the response she wanted. I also saw the posts from FBG at the time and the continued aftershock within the group for months and months afterwards.
Also a member at the time, struggling myself with my own baby and spent time and effort trying to help her.
Grace never disclosed she was #brandrep for Cow and Gate Baybclub (back ground is formula companies have used a lot of underhand tactics in 3rd world countries and so are not allowed advertise 0-6 month formula, so they use stuff like baby clubs as a work around) Grace went away on a hens as far as I remember and posted everywhere about using Cow and Gate while still looking for and ignoring advice from the group. When it was pointed out she was posting the formula on her stories, and with her #brandrep it looked dodgy af, she went on a massive rant, naming the group, showing her receipt for the formula saying she wasn't being sponsored.
She then later did a sad face Sunday Mail article talking about how some facebook groups had ruined her experience of being a mother, article was full of unfounded shite from Faeces with no proof or backing as per usual.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Also a member at the time, struggling myself with my own baby and spent time and effort trying to help her.
Grace never disclosed she was #brandrep for Cow and Gate Baybclub (back ground is formula companies have used a lot of underhand tactics in 3rd world countries and so are not allowed advertise 0-6 month formula, so they use stuff like baby clubs as a work around) Grace went away on a hens as far as I remember and posted everywhere about using Cow and Gate while still looking for and ignoring advice from the group. When it was pointed out she was posting the formula on her stories, and with her #brandrep it looked dodgy af, she went on a massive rant, naming the group, showing her receipt for the formula saying she wasn't being sponsored.
She then later did a sad face Sunday Mail article talking about how some facebook groups had ruined her experience of being a mother, article was full of unfounded shite from Faeces with no proof or backing as per usual.
OOOOH I'd like to dig that article out...

Reactions: 6
OOOOH I'd like to dig that article out...
Not quite the same but she got flak for pumping after being on the booze

I hate linking the tabloids but that's all she's in

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Then when she set up nothing but support she only popped on to ask people to click her profile links, post her insta etc.... there was literally no support from Grace, and just Bulldog Mags giving people grief when they questioned the aim of the group

I have updated the wiki with book club drama! Justice for book club lady!

grace wasn’t on my radar years ago but I am shocked at the carry on of her with the breast feeding group. Shes a nasty piece of work

Reactions: 14
I'm unwell and can't sleep. Just read the evoke article and here are my thoughts:

1. Grace - the perrenial victim - fails to mention that the "backlash and negativity" she received about pumping after drinking came from her own followers! She left that suitably vague enough to make it sound like it came from the BF support group.

This happened while she was a member of the BF group, but before she shat all over it.
Someone in that FB group saw her on her snapchat saying she was "forced" to pump and dump because of all the backlash she got from her followers for drinking while breastfeeding 🙄 So that person tagged Grace in the FB group to show support and ALL the replies were full of support and telling her how wonderful she is 😏 hilariously, in Grace's response to the support she dragged out the old chestnut "ppl see 10 mins of my 24 hour day and are so quick to jump".

2. Grace wasn't "removed" from the group - she was temporarily blocked by admin for breaching the groups rules and privacy by sharing a screenshot from the group and naming it to all her snapchat followers 😡 A group whose top two rules are don't explicitly name the group all over social media and under no circumstances share screenshots from the group. There are a few well-known "personalities" in the group and given their presence in the media, they are explicitly made aware of the group rules before being allowed to join - as was the case with Grace. Moreso than your average member even.

Anyway, Grace was temporarily blocked by admin and asked to fully agree to the rules of the group before being allowed back in. Which she refused to do. Don't think I'd have been so forgiving/willing to allow her back in, but those were the rules for everyone and admin were always very fair.

3. Re Sienna: "I've had an overwhelming need to protect her", "my mothering instinct kicked in"...what happened there then Grace??

Reactions: 44
Up on the night feeds myself. Wasn’t around when Grace was at the same craic. She mentioned a traumatic birth. On the traumatic scale how bad was it and what was involved? Could think of nothing worse than recording the whole ordeal other than watching it

Reactions: 9
Not quite the same but she got flak for pumping after being on the booze

I hate linking the tabloids but that's all she's in
who are those two in the article?? And what has eaten them to look like they are now??

Reactions: 3
She really has had people blowing smoke up her hole for years, all feeding into the eternal victim crap. I genuinely feel so sorry for those kids, treated like performing seals for a few freebies and a bit of attention.
Thread suggestion (so top search on google)

Grace Gernon-Mongey eternal victim, brands - read the wiki

Reactions: 16
Ah thanks all! My first title 🥰🥰 I’m gonna say I’ll be like your girl grace now and not come up with any good title content for about 4-6 threads! But yiz are all proud of me anyway 🫶🫶🫶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
‘Sometimes I don’t want to do it anymore.’ Since at least 2017 she has been saying this, why oh why are people still supporting this woman? By her own admission she doesn’t enjoy it and is only in it for the freebies. She is the greediest person going.

Reactions: 24
who are those two in the article?? And what has eaten them to look like they are now??
More like what have they eaten??
Im a big girl myself so not fat shaming, but they have clearly piled on the pounds

Just did a deep deep dive down greases insta page. My god, her content was so good and polished back in the day, good write ups and some interesting posts. Now it's gone downhill at super speed. she just throws anything up stick "ad" "collab" "pr" and in comes the cheque... I thought your page was supposed to go on the other direction. She's so lost.
Also lost: a bra. She has consistently been without one for yonks!!!

*I may be delusional here....I've been awake with baby most of the night 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.