Faces By Grace #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ya didnt it burn from reflection of the sun bouncing off a mirror or something random like that..happened ages ago anyway
The thing is her house insurance would probably cover it but that’s too much like hard work just hang on for a free one! Apple don’t give out stuff for free, the mark looks bigger than when she showed it before too?

Reactions: 3
She converted her smelly box room into an office! Why does she have an office in the first place? Absolutely no need! This is her ticking boxes in blaggerville! Travelled ✔Regular down to earth identifiable gal ✔ Makeup artist ✔ car✔ Baby ✔ Self employed girl boss ✔ Homeowner ✔ Fitness fantastic and health guru ✔Second baby ✔ Book clubs✔ Now super mom ✔ Interior designer ✔Engagement✔ Blagger with anxiety ✔ Wedding guru ✔Thrush survivor ✔She’s trying to reach out to the masses but unfortunately she’s only reaching those poor gullible souls who can’t see past her shadiness! They’re probably as lost as she is! Her next venture will probably be a mindfulness journal just like every other blogger, but hers will come with an incense holder and Zen Jen’s stamp of approval!
Hit the nail on the head there. She things shes an influencer but shes just a sheep following the trends

Reactions: 7
She converted her smelly box room into an office! Why does she have an office in the first place? Absolutely no need! This is her ticking boxes in blaggerville! Travelled ✔Regular down to earth identifiable gal ✔ Makeup artist ✔ car✔ Baby ✔ Self employed girl boss ✔ Homeowner ✔ Fitness fantastic and health guru ✔Second baby ✔ Book clubs✔ Now super mom ✔ Interior designer ✔Engagement✔ Blagger with anxiety ✔ Wedding guru ✔Thrush survivor ✔She’s trying to reach out to the masses but unfortunately she’s only reaching those poor gullible souls who can’t see past her shadiness! They’re probably as lost as she is! Her next venture will probably be a mindfulness journal just like every other blogger, but hers will come with an incense holder and Zen Jen’s stamp of approval!
Thrush survivor I’m in knots 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well said.

I dont understand the vomit emojis about a woman discussing feeding her baby 🤷🏼‍♀️

Some women breast feed, some bottle feed, some combi feed, once baby is fed then thats all that matters. I dont like any of the shaming around how women choose to feed their babys. Not saying people on here are doing that but some of the comments do demonstrate how much of a personal/emotive topic it is for some and we still have some way to go before woman can feel content in how they feed- from breastfeeding in public without any second thought, to bottle/combi feeding without feeling it needs to be justified or owned up to.
Grace is no less of a breastfeeding mother for combi feeding, whether she "owns up to it" or not imo. She is still breastfeeding and still feels the struggle of that, I'd imagine even more so if her own supply wasn't sufficient. Others may feel differently, but breastfeeding can be such a personal journey for so many and while for some it can be purely physical and practical, for others it is an emotional topic that is wrapped up in elements of shame and guilt, as evidenced by some of the comments here.

Imo, a woman discussing any aspects of breastfeeding with honesty- that doesn't mean full disclosure either, before people say "yeah but she wasn't honest about the bottles"- is a good thing. Normalising how it can be difficult, even though its the "most natural thing in the world, what your body is made to do" is a good thing imo. Its not always easy,and not everybody's body gets the message that it "should" do it naturally. Everybody is different, just like with labour. No woman will tell me labour is a walk in the park and pain relief is never needed, when they weren't the one experiencing horrific back labour for 2 days. Every body is different and there is no medal to be won for having it harder or easier.

Thats just my (long!) opinion, as a woman who chose to bottle feed with no qualms btw, so its not like I have a vested interest in the topic, I just hate how much stigma there is surrounding how women feed their babies and mothers have enough criticism levelled at them for literally everything else they do, they don't to feel any shame/guilt every time they whip out the breast/bottle.
That’s one thing I respect about Grace that she did promote breastfeeding on her page, she didn’t give up when it was hard at the start. It’s not even about how professional her advice was it’s about showing that it’s possible and women still do it.
I had hard time breastfeeding myself but it was something I really wanted to do for my baby. That really taught me how uncommon it is to breastfeed in Ireland and how the society really give you a look if you do it in public, which is sad. I know breastfeeding is not possible for everyone but bottle feeding is not allowed to be promoted for a reason, WHO or HSE would never recommend it over breast milk, it is what it is, better for a baby. Although obviously not criminal to bottle feed

Reactions: 1
BF a baby for a minute, hour, month, year or whatever are all valid journeys. It’s up to each woman. What you’re saying is right and she didn’t need to disclose anything but for me the issue is she was that she was portraying herself as one thing and painting this martyr image. She was using it as content, for praise, attention and sympathy. She was acting like she was the spokesperson for the women of Ireland. She selectively chose what to hide which meant she had negative feelings about combo feeding and this is from the problem - she attached negative connotations for other women looking on. This is from the woman who won’t stop talking about her thrush. She isn’t shy from withholding personal information. We all know everything about her own children.
I do agree with you however I think its a chicken and egg situation, that the stigma surrounding BF versus bottle feeding exists, so its not like she attributed the negativity to that out of nowhere, it was her response to the perceived failure associated with "admitting defeat" or not doing it correctly or whatever else. Its not like grace created that stigma, she felt it herself and then like you say, perpetuated it. Which says more about society than it does Grace imho. I understand she is an influencer and she chose to accept the praise for doing it, so she should have been more transparent and I absolutely agree with you, and like I said, i was initially under the impression she was honest about the struggle throughout; but i do understand why mothers are reluctant to be open and vulnerable on this particular topic, precisely because there is such a stigma and judgement surrounding how mothers choose to feed their babies, which shouldn't be the case.

I do agree with you however I think its a chicken and egg situation, that the stigma surrounding BF versus bottle feeding exists, so its not like she attributed the negativity to that out of nowhere, it was her response to the perceived failure associated with "admitting defeat" or not doing it correctly or whatever else. Its not like grace created that stigma, she felt it herself and then like you say, perpetuated it. Which says more about society than it does Grace imho. I understand she is an influencer and she chose to accept the praise for doing it, so she should have been more transparent and I absolutely agree with you, and like I said, i was initially under the impression she was honest about the struggle throughout; but i do understand why mothers are reluctant to be open and vulnerable on this particular topic, precisely because there is such a stigma and judgement surrounding how mothers choose to feed their babies, which shouldn't be the case.
Good point. I think we’re all guilty of giving out for influencers thinking they’re better than everyone and at the same time we put them on a pedestal by expecting them to always know or do better. They’re just humans with a following

• Heart
Alli dee is so good at sly digs.. her one this morning about bloggers showing off their bags... Alli is hugging a bottle of Milton about to clean her house after bathing her triplets 😆🙌🏻
Ali is as big a beggar as Grace so she shouldn’t be throwing shade at anyone 🙈

This 🙌🏻

Can we take the breast/bottle debate elsewhere please? Talk about Grace's journey if you want but I've now noticed some people mentioning how superior breastfeeding is etc and I don't think this is the place for it.

Reactions: 58
Nah if Alli says she’s doing something she does it & follows through, unlike faces

Reactions: 9
Laughing at her story didnt want to give up office space ammm hun Chris has a job or had a proper job... you taking photos of your freebies to me isnt a job

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also tagging darkness into light and be kind its an insult to all those families who have lost ones to suicide.....
She’s a bleeping dose. God forgive me, but she really is. I can’t remember but did she do the darkness into light walk?

I am only talking about the picture. Not the whole mental health thing. I don’t feel comfortable talking about her mental health. Im just saying she said yesterday she was seeing her therapist later on in the day. So the picture she posted this morning was from whatever time yesterday she went. That’s all.
All she does is talk about her mental healt on Her own public platform, for all to see/hear/analyse.so I think it’s fair game for the public to have their views and opinions and to discuss them.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.