F1 Chatter #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, just in time for tomorrow's race!

You lot better have fun, while I'm wearing my national costume and the very upright posture that goes with it for the entire day. (The fact that I will be entering a dog kennel with a witch in heat next to a dog twice her size in it does not need to be mentioned πŸ˜‚)

Can't wait to catch up with the thread come Sunday morning/evening with a lot of McD and for once, some peace and quiet ✌

You say it best PapaPerez: "THE FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON IS TOMORROW!!" πŸ˜‚
Screenshot_20230709_124942_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for the new thread! I am at the hairdresser in the morning, hopefully home in time for lights out πŸ˜‘ I have a lot of grey to cover so wish me luck?!?! I just want this whole Horner debacle to be over. It’s triggering for me TBH.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Christian Horner just made it as a punch line on the Last Leg in the UK...which if you don't know is a really left wing, satirical show. Not somewhere you'd expect F1 to show up on. He's basically a joke now. Loose women AND the Last Leg. If they make a joke about him on Saturday Kitchen, he's toast.
In all seriousness, this is such bad PR for the sport. No one is talking about the GP at all, probably because Max got pole and no surprises are expected, so this isn't going to go away soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks for the new thread! I am at the hairdresser in the morning, hopefully home in time for lights out πŸ˜‘ I have a lot of grey to cover so wish me luck?!?! I just want this whole Horner debacle to be over. It’s triggering for me TBH.
same, and sending you lots of love for that πŸ’™ i find it difficult to read about (not so much himself but the scenario) so a few pages of the last thread were tricky for me, especially when i come here for escapism 🀣 i wish i could mute it somehow!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just read a Finnish news article (didn't understand much, thanks 152 days of Duo). But the fact that they write Lewis Hamilton as "Hamiltonin" is the best thing I've seen today πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Happy new thread!

No matter what, only positive vibes in this thread!

tumblr_14fc35cafcfd64a56dd3706da0d61162_868a2f89_640.jpg
tumblr_84e6cd251a5b55a41c0895806c12bf7e_91273cf4_1280.jpg

tumblr_4b456f07212a5186cc3cdb0e58041b67_75b3a594_1280.jpg
tumblr_da8698f0e52d3f5c8489e051ad3fa51f_c980e4a4_1280.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ah sorry this is all tough for you. I think alot of us have been in situations where this tit has happened but maybe time has allowed us to process it more. I hope you are ok. Maybe Horner chat should be under spoilers from now on as I doubt this is going away any time soon and as much as I want good vibes I think it's fair that we can vent our frustrations about it somewhere relatively safe. Genuinely don't want anyone to feel sad coming here though β™₯

Ah sorry this is all tough for you. I think alot of us have been in situations where this tit has happened but maybe time has allowed us to process it more. I hope you are ok. Maybe Horner chat should be under spoilers from now on as I doubt this is going away any time soon and as much as I want good vibes I think it's fair that we can vent our frustrations about it somewhere relatively safe. Genuinely don't want anyone to feel sad coming here though β™₯
I process this CH stuff with dark humour but everyone handles things differently
I’ve also been in a situation where an older *married* male colleague in a senior position wanted more from me than I was willing to give to him, and I was new and very junior at the time so wasn’t sure if I could speak out about my concerns and be taken seriously.

On a lighter note, if anyone wants a good episode of Bob’s Burgers to watch to lead in / out of races, I’ve just watched a brilliant one: Season 5, Episode 9; the kids enter a grand prix 🏎

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Happy new thread and despite what I said yesterday I'm here with a teeny tiny bit of hope in my heart that someone, anyone other than Max (or Perez) might win today

• Heart
So sorry if any of my comments have been triggering - will def spoiler any further Horner stuff

So excited about the race. I think it could be a good one

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So sorry if any of my comments have been triggering - will def spoiler any further Horner stuff

So excited about the race. I think it could be a good one
oh please don’t apologise! none of the regulars here, or their comments, have personally triggered me i promise: it’s more the situation itself that i would just prefer to avoid. spoilers honestly would be great (not that i want to dictate how people post!) πŸ’™

i think it could be too! sad i’m gonna miss it, but looking forward to catching up later!

• Heart
oh please don’t apologise! none of the regulars here, or their comments, have personally triggered me i promise: it’s more the situation itself that i would just prefer to avoid. spoilers honestly would be great (not that i want to dictate how people post!) πŸ’™

i think it could be too! sad i’m gonna miss it, but looking forward to catching up later!
<3 I get so cross about the shittiness of some men I do get carried away - have to laugh its being discussed on mumsnet! Always find it very weird when our sport moves outside our little corner of the world.

• Heart
This shift in the GP schedule with the race on Saturday is messing with my mind so much πŸ˜‚ I can't stop thinking it is sunday and i have to go back to work tomorrow πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Helooo! So much to do today, I need to start running my errands but I am excited for the race.

This picture from post quali conf: πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

tumblr_7d490240cd22f8174724136535aaba4a_b0bd1f57_1280.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
This shift in the GP schedule with the race on Saturday is messing with my mind so much πŸ˜‚ I can't stop thinking it is sunday and i have to go back to work tomorrow πŸ˜‚

Its worked out so well here as I'm doing a craft fair tomorrow which I booked in off season oblivious to the F1 calendar!! Next week I'm doing one on Satruday which finishes at 4:30 so I will pack up quicker than the speed of light to be home and in front of the TV for lights out at 5. Similar to how I dragged my daughter out of school yesterday for quali....obsessed moi?!!?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.