Experiences with braces/composite bonds/veneers etc.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My teeth are the only thing I'm conscious of, really. They are actually quite bad. My bottom teeth only has one bent tooth and the top need to be completely fixed. I have enough savings to sort them now etc so I'm interested to know people's experiences. It's not just the fact they aren't straight but the shape of them too so I didn't know if the best thing was to go to Turkey and just get new teeth lol. Can anybody share some advice please?

Thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I honestly think natural teeth look best, if you can get braces I would do that. I’ve had traintracks as a teenager and then Invisalign as an adult (didn’t wear the retainer, classic). It takes longer than just getting veneers etc but seems healthier and looks more normal.

Reactions: 2
I was due to get my Invisalign just before Christmas but I had to put it off due to getting Covid, I’ve wanted to get my teeth sorted for a long time but have been anxious about going to the dentist after horrible experiences when I was younger. I turned the big 40 Last year and after saving up enough money and finding a local dentist doing a free Invisalign open evening I took the Plunge. I’m sick of hating my teeth but not doing anything about it!!

I went to another local dentist about a year ago (she seems to have recently sorted the teeth of all my local Instagram huns) and she put me off a bit as she said after I form my Invisalign off she wanted to do composite bonding and whitening etc and that really wasn’t the look I wanted (no Turkey teeth for me please!!) but the dentist I’ve found now is really down to Earth and funny and put me at ease. He’s also been very honest with me about that I can achieve and how long it will take etc.

Reactions: 3
I had braces and afterward had to get veneers and my teeth look very natural. Sometimes the veneers can be a slightly different colour to the rest of my teeth but not sure if it's only me noticing it or not. I think for best results a slow process is the only way. Any quick fix will either not last long which will cost you more in the long run or else will look extremely fake

I hate my teeth too, and I was going to look into getting braces because I had some money to pay for it. Then the pandemic happened and I put the money towards my house .

If by getting new teeth at Turkey , you mean having yours removed and implants put in , that sounds so painful . It still might be a bit time consuming, do they do the whole lot in one go or would you have to travel back and forth for a few visits as they need to remove your teeth , fit the bases and make and fit the new teeth .

When I was looking into it , I considered getting a brace , then seeing if I wanted any whitening and composite bonding once they were in their new position

Reactions: 1
Braces would be cheaper than veneers . Would go to an orthodontist and ask them what is needed and have a quote .

I had braces for 5 years as a teen and young adult and as other posters natural teeth tend to look better .

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to take the plunge after doing some research and reading here, and go with getting braces in the UK, and then comp bonds. It may be more expensive but I don't want to ruin my real teeth for the sake of a quick turkey fix.

Reactions: 4
I’m just over a week into my Invisalign and I can’t believe how well it’s going! I expected it to be way worse than it is?
Am I in for a shock soon?

I have 5 veneers. My natural teeth were shocking. I got them done about 8 years ago now and they are in great condition. I got them done abroad, not in turkey though. I did a lot of research before getting them done! They are really natural, you would never know my teeth were fake, I got them to match the size of all my natural teeth and didn’t get the whitest option because it makes your natural teeth look really bad 😂

I whitened all my natural teeth with Philips zoom night white which I got from the dentist and honestly it’s the BEST whitening product I’ve ever used, I use it for a week once a year and it keeps my mouth bright 👌🏼 Honestly I know alot of people are against veneers and I completely agree a cheap quick fix in turkey is not great, I had braces etc and I still hated my smile so I went and got them done in the end.

It’s changed my life and best decision I’ve ever made, I fully know I will have to replace them eventually and I’m so excited for that day because I’ll probably get a 6th tooth done (was advised against this by my dentist originally)

Just do what makes you happy, either way you won’t regret your Invisalign or veneers whatever you decide on in years to come! Hope you get a new round confidence when you decide to take the plunge 😊

I have 5 veneers. My natural teeth were shocking. I got them done about 8 years ago now and they are in great condition. I got them done abroad, not in turkey though. I did a lot of research before getting them done! They are really natural, you would never know my teeth were fake, I got them to match the size of all my natural teeth and didn’t get the whitest option because it makes your natural teeth look really bad 😂
I'm so glad you're happy with your decision to it! Thank you for all of the insight, would you be able to share some details further on where abroad you went if you don't mind?

I’m just over a week into my Invisalign and I can’t believe how well it’s going! I expected it to be way worse than it is?
Am I in for a shock soon?
I had ceramic braces when I was younger and the first week was the worst, so if you're doing ok I'd assume that's all. I know a lot of people that have had Invisalign and really struggled on the first few weeks!

I'm so glad you're happy with your decision to it! Thank you for all of the insight, would you be able to share some details further on where abroad you went if you don't mind?

I had ceramic braces when I was younger and the first week was the worst, so if you're doing ok I'd assume that's all. I know a lot of people that have had Invisalign and really struggled on the first few weeks!
I got them done in a lovely cosmetic dentist in Bangkok! BCM Dental :)

I got composite bonds on my top and bottom teeth after a teeth bleaching went terribly wrong and left me with worse white spots. I would 100% recommend. It can be costly but shop around and get quotes for places.

I whitened all my natural teeth with Philips zoom night white which I got from the dentist and honestly it’s the BEST whitening product I’ve ever used, I use it for a week once a year and it keeps my mouth bright 👌🏼 Honestly I know alot of people are against veneers and I completely agree a cheap quick fix in turkey is not great, I had braces etc and I still hated my smile so I went and got them done in the end.

It’s changed my life and best decision I’ve ever made, I fully know I will have to replace them eventually and I’m so excited for that day because I’ll probably get a 6th tooth done (was advised against this by my dentist originally)

Just do what makes you happy, either way you won’t regret your Invisalign or veneers whatever you decide on in years to come! Hope you get a new round confidence when you decide to take the plunge 😊
Can I ask where abroad you got your veneers done? I'm thinking about getting them done in the future but so many advise not going abroad. I think in part it is because people in the UK feel undercut but I see quite a few good examples.

If you still need some advice I have a plethora of experience
Hi, Yes please!

I have decided to go down the natural route instead of getting veneers, ceramic braces or invisalign. I've not yet decided, and then composite bonds after to perfect the shape?

Hi, Yes please!

I have decided to go down the natural route instead of getting veneers, ceramic braces or invisalign. I've not yet decided, and then composite bonds after to perfect the shape?
I'm curious as to what you mean by natural route?

I'm curious as to what you mean by natural route?
Yeah, I just realised what I said didn't even make sense. I originally wanted to go to Turkey, but I've decided to get a consultation for invisalign/ceramic braces and then get composite bonds afterwards

I had ceramic braces when I was forty, my mum at 61, my daughter (metal) at 15. It is worth the effort. Once it’s done it’s done as long as you either have a permanent retainer fitted (my ortho wouldn’t fit one) or keep up with the plastic retainer.

One thing I want to flag up is ceramic braces aren’t great when getting them removed. They shatter and take some chopping away at. My daughters metal brace was a new style where elastic bands aren’t used. It’s like a clip over hinge. Treatment is faster (12 months as opposed to 2.5 years) and much more comfortable that traditional train tracks. It also effortlessly pops off at the end. Ask if they do them. You’ll thank me later!

I had ceramic braces when I was forty, my mum at 61, my daughter (metal) at 15. It is worth the effort. Once it’s done it’s done as long as you either have a permanent retainer fitted (my ortho wouldn’t fit one) or keep up with the plastic retainer.

One thing I want to flag up is ceramic braces aren’t great when getting them removed. They shatter and take some chopping away at. My daughters metal brace was a new style where elastic bands aren’t used. It’s like a clip over hinge. Treatment is faster (12 months as opposed to 2.5 years) and much more comfortable that traditional train tracks. It also effortlessly pops off at the end. Ask if they do them. You’ll thank me later!
I had metal braces when I was 17 (I'm 21 now) and they were SO painful honestly, but they did the job. I just didn't wear my braces. I would probably opt for this. Can I ask how much you paid for your braces please?

I had metal braces when I was 17 (I'm 21 now) and they were SO painful honestly, but they did the job. I just didn't wear my braces. I would probably opt for this. Can I ask how much you paid for your braces please?
I paid £3k for upper and lower ceramics but the new metal ones with clip adjustments that my daughter had I’ve got no idea as it was funding by the NHS. She said they weren’t painful, much smoother. She was having adjustments every couple of weeks. Her teeth were more complicated than mine too. I was seriously impressed with them!

Yeah, I just realised what I said didn't even make sense. I originally wanted to go to Turkey, but I've decided to get a consultation for invisalign/ceramic braces and then get composite bonds afterwards
I had a mash up of composite bonds but across the tooth, basically a temp veneer but with the whole tooth underneath .. they lasted me a good 12 years and I even had braces ontop for about 4 years too