Experiences with braces/composite bonds/veneers etc.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want invisalign instead of braces so I dont need any teeth removed. however some people have mentioned that teeth may need to be removed mid treatment which is marketing me have second thoughts. I need braces so it’s either Invisalign or Normal metal ones- what are your thoughts

I want invisalign instead of braces so I dont need any teeth removed. however some people have mentioned that teeth may need to be removed mid treatment which is marketing me have second thoughts. I need braces so it’s either Invisalign or Normal metal ones- what are your thoughts
I had my two back middle teeth on both sides removed for metal braces when I was a teenager, not having those two teeth has never made a difference. If you're comfortable with how metal braces look, I'd suggest them as I think they're a little cheaper!

Reactions: 1
I’m currently having Invisalign, I honestly wish I’d done it years ago. It’s SO much easier than I thought it would be.

I had Invisalign and didn’t need teeth removed. I had IPR (inter-proximal reduction) where they basically shave tiny amounts of teeth away (sounds worse than it is, you can’t feel it)

No one here can say if you’ll need teeth removed before orthodontics, you’ll have to have a consultation with a dentist.

I always advise orthodontics over veneers! I genuinely believe once you’ve had them straightened and whitened you’ll realise you won’t need veneers.

Reactions: 3
Thank you all! I’m just very against getting teeth removed- I’m very bad with pain, even under anaesthesia. I’m going to get Invisalign 😁

Thank you all! I’m just very against getting teeth removed- I’m very bad with pain, even under anaesthesia. I’m going to get Invisalign 😁
I would recommend definitely getting a consultation for both. I've had 3 teeth extracted, two for braces and one because I needed a root canal but decided to get it taken out instead.
I was genuinely terrified of getting the 3rd tooth taken out last month as I couldn't remember what it felt like, it took him 10 mins to remove the tooth because it was huge but it was completely painless. Even after the anaesthetic had worn off, it was bleeding but I was in no pain at all. It took around 5 days for the swelling to go down but there was no pain at all.
Hope this helps

I would recommend definitely getting a consultation for both. I've had 3 teeth extracted, two for braces and one because I needed a root canal but decided to get it taken out instead.
I was genuinely terrified of getting the 3rd tooth taken out last month as I couldn't remember what it felt like, it took him 10 mins to remove the tooth because it was huge but it was completely painless. Even after the anaesthetic had worn off, it was bleeding but I was in no pain at all. It took around 5 days for the swelling to go down but there was no pain at all.
Hope this helps
thank you! I did have a consultation around mid January and was offered both Invisalign and braces. For braces I needed two teeth to be extracted and for invisalign none. I’ve just heard rumours that I might need teeth extracted mid-treatment which did deter me 😂

thank you! I did have a consultation around mid January and was offered both Invisalign and braces. For braces I needed two teeth to be extracted and for invisalign none. I’ve just heard rumours that I might need teeth extracted mid-treatment which did deter me 😂
I don't think it would be common to need teeth removing mid treatment because all the trays are made in advance. Having a tooth removed part way through would completely change the aligner programme and therefore the cost, time of treatment and end results.

I'm about to start Invisalign and I've got to have a tooth removed first. I've had other teeth removed in the past so I'm not worried about the extraction process, it's more that the idea of removing a healthy tooth is a bit alien.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi all! I got my Invisalig! original price was 4500 but on a work discount of was 450. Very pleased that I can still enjoy my favourite foods with no pain!

Reactions: 2