Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredjess

VIP Member
@SisterBliss do you mind explaining a little what Tarot cards reading really is?
Because I went to a tarot card reader 1 year back when I was in a really sad place about my job and I thought it might read my future and give me like it's going to improve or not or something. (since obviously no cards reading is ever going to tell you exactly the future..) but all I received was probably just the guy reading my body language and my answers to his smart questions.
šŸ¤”

Reactions: 4

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I had a medium tell a family member in America how someone in my family would die.

American family twat rang my xxxx up very upset, she wanted to contact her just incase sheā€™d like to know how she was going to die šŸ˜‚
Theyā€™d hardly spoken before that. Theyā€™re great friends now. Weā€™re yet to know if itā€™s true thankfully.

couldnā€™t make my family up at times.

SisterBliss

I used to be quite intuitive as a teenager so I got into fortune telling, mainly reading coffee sediment (Turkish coffee), cards and doing peopleā€™s horoscopes. It started as fun among friends but I became so eerily accurate that after a while I was having adults lining up for a reading. It was weird because I didnā€™t feel like I knew anything about them, I was just interpreting what I was seeing and was right time and again. But I had a cousin who was deeply into Tarot who warned me against accepting any money for it, apparently it was really bad luck, so after a while it stopped being sustainable, it was taking a lot if my time and energy for basically no reward, so I got fed up of it and stopped. Years later when I was in a very difficult situation I went to a Tarot reader who was a PhD candidate in psychology and was reading cards for a bit of extra cash, and she was brilliant, using cards to deliver a bit of much needed counselling. I donā€™t think she was a ā€œseerā€ just intuitive and kind, she did pick up on my issues without me telling her anything, but they were typical issues someone like me might have so it didnā€™t feel supernatural. Otherwise, I never let people read my future, 99% chance is they are charlatans, and those who arenā€™t Iā€™d have to trust before I let them tell me things that might mess me up so much, they become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Juliet

Chatty Member
I saw Sally Morgan live and she was fucking awful. Didnā€™t get one thing right about one person and never gave enough detail to be accurate. All her questions were leading and everyone had a common name that she could guess šŸ™„.
Iā€™m sure it was her I read a story about l, at her shows there were ā€˜audience membersā€™ mingling with the rest before the show getting them to chat about themselves and reporting back lol.

KateESJ

VIP Member
Theyā€™re something I wish was real. But I donā€™t think they are. I donā€™t even believe in the afterlife as much as I wish I did.

My ex MIL offered to pay for me to see one to see if I could contact my son in any way (even though she knew I didnā€™t believe it). Honestly I was tempted because I was desperate then I realised that they must make a lot of money from people who are desperate and grieving for someone they love.

So yeah. Personally I donā€™t believe it. I think theyā€™re talented con artists. But like I said Iā€™d love to believe otherwise.

I think there are people who genuinely have 'psychic' abilities, but they are few and far between.
My friend's grandmother is one of those people and she's predicted or spoken about things that have happened that she couldn't possibly know about, e.g. she already knew a friend had died before anyone knew.
From personal experience, I only think Runes and astrology are a quasi-reliable form of divination.

Reactions: 3

Jdottt13

My mum saw one a few years ago. Made contact with her dad and a couple of other family members. Also was told things about her future (going to meet someone new - but someone you used to know, he lives opposite u but u donā€™t know it etc etc) so quite precise things, my mum had the reading taped but kind of made herself forget about it all as she didnā€™t believe it. Wasnā€™t until she was about 6 months into her new relationship (who was an old friend!) and he did indeed live opposite us that she remembered she had the tape, listened to it and she was amazed!! There was other stuff too but i canā€™t remember now but I 100% believe in it although thereā€™s always going to be con artists out there.

noonecaresaboutyou

Chatty Member
I was always so skeptical about this sort of things in till my aunty took me to see a medium, it wasn't very long after my Mum passed away so as you can imagine I was so desperate for her to come through, mainly as I was grieving and not in very good place so I thought hearing words off her might heal me, it never happened but I kept returning in till one day she came through and I just sat and cried (took a good 2/4 years for this to happen) I kept asking why it took so long but they say people don't always come through in spirit straight away.

I left it for a bit then went to see another one this time it was a private reading and she pretty much predicted my future, low and behold a couple of years later it came true.

So I went to see the same lady and she told me a man had come through, I racked my brains for ages trying to figure out who it was, till this day I'm still unsure.

I think with these sorts of things it can be comforting and reassuring knowing your loved ones are in a safe place but also sometimes you come out of there more confused then ever. Nether the less I'd go back again (haven't been for quite some time).

Miss98

I do believe in mediumship and psychics because I've had some good readings in the past, but it's hard to trust them because so many come out with barnum statements and it's easy to search your info up on social media these days.

One good example I'd say is when I was at my first year at college, the teacher was really unpleasant towards me and others and was very crap at teaching. My mum never believed me and defended her alot, thinking I was playing up and I was really frustated. When I went to this medium with my mum, she picked up and mentioned the college teacher and how she isn't fit to work there and isn't a very pleasant person, that she should be sacked.

Well a couple of months later in the new college term I didn't continue with that course but she was indeed sacked because she was so poor at her job that people complained and she got the sack. Karma I'd say.

That may just be coincidence but I have had some great readings with mediums and seen other's faces drop when receiving messages.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I've been to two public medium nights, i won a private reading at the first one and she couldn't of been more wrong, listening to the other people who also had private readings, she basically rehashed the same story for us all!
The second one was adamant she had some one who wanted to come through to me but I had no idea who she was on about, but her team member came up to me whilst I was waiting for my friend and said "I'm really sorry I keep staring at you but there's some one who wants to speak to you, she doesn't like the host medium says she's full pokum" and then proceeded to list all this information off about my great aunt, who we had lost the year before who wanted to get message sent to my nan, her sister! Pokum was one of her sayings, 100% convinced after that!

Flipping Hell !

Chatty Member
Over the years I've been to countless mediums, either as a one to one or in a pub etc, and I've never even got a message and believed them to be fakes ... I was given the name of a lady in my town and told to go see her as a one to one .. Honestly it was surreal ,the minute details she gave me about my sister who had died were amazing ,and so random things that no one else could know, I've since been back to see her again leaving about 2 yrs between visits and was equally impressed, beware of the scammers is my advice

2xblended

VIP Member
I don't believe in it but I can't deny I had a spooky medium experience.
A dear friend committed suicide and I grieved badly. Her boyfriend always said he was a medium (though didn't do it by profession) and felt he was connected with her when she passed.
One day I just fell apart- on the floor sobbing and saying aloud "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'll bet you hate me now because I didn't save you" (I felt tremendous guilt about her suicide- as all loved ones do- and I felt I could have prevented it somehow).
A moment later (and I mean literally a moment later) as I'm still sobbing, her boyfriend rings me to say he just got a message from her to me, saying: "It's okay, it's not your fault, I love you."
:oops:
Had he not called me that exact moment, as though she heard me and responded, I would have dismissed it. But until this day, when I remember it... I get goosebumps. It was like she was right there talking to me. Freaked me the hell out.

I still don't believe in mediums, though. I've watched too much Derren Brown growing up not to know better. He really has done the world a service by uncovering the processes behind so many of these scams. I can't explain that specific experience of mine, though.

WatchingandJudging

Iā€™ve had two different readings by two different psychics who were accurate in every single way and knew things about me and life that not even my closest of friends or family knew of. that being said, I do think some are cons- will search social media and probe/ guess but I genuinely believe both of mine had the abilities.. I had no reason to question otherwise when they knew so much! We tend to go to seek out these things when we are most vulnerable or things are uncertain but Iā€™ve always found it comforting.

Mustard

VIP Member
I went to one many years ago. She was recommended by a friend. She was very accurate. She asked for something if mine to hold and I gave her a ring I wore all the time. She ended up ā€˜talkingā€™ to one if my grandmothers,
- I initially thought it was the one who had recently died but it wasnā€™t. It was my maternal grandmother who had died when I was four but who I adored. She relayed things from my grandmother to me about my mother, who had the same illness that her husband, my grandfather had. I truly felt that she was talking to me. It was very spooky.

Reactions: 2

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I personally would never go and see one purely because I don't want to know what's going to happen to me but I have lots of friends who have been. Some were very accurate and even knew names of people who were still alive. My SiL was told she would move house and that it would have a specific number in and so when they were looking at houses she saw one that had this number in and said the Medium had said about it so they bought it! I do think it can make things happen for some people because they've told them it's going to.
Another friend had a boy and was told her next baby would be a girl...it was a boy!
Another friend was also told the wrong sex of her baby. I mean it's 50/50 isn't it?!

I did know a fella who told everyone he was a Medium but I used to say to him 'don't tell me anything' but he would. It really annoyed me. He told me the name of a woman who 'walks with me' but the only person I knew with that name was my boss's wife who had died and so I don't know why she would be walking with me?! It was an 'old' name. He also said that all the dead people stand around outside his living room window wanting him to pass messages on! He then said his 4 year old daughter had the gift and she sat up in bed one night and started talking but it was his dead sisters voice coming out of her! It used to creep me out!

Amelia01

Theyā€™re something I wish was real. But I donā€™t think they are. I donā€™t even believe in the afterlife as much as I wish I did.

My ex MIL offered to pay for me to see one to see if I could contact my son in any way (even though she knew I didnā€™t believe it). Honestly I was tempted because I was desperate then I realised that they must make a lot of money from people who are desperate and grieving for someone they love.

So yeah. Personally I donā€™t believe it. I think theyā€™re talented con artists. But like I said Iā€™d love to believe otherwise.
But you've just made a thread about signs from the afterlife, so you must believe some how?

My experience of tarot is actually the opposite to what's been said on here. I stupidly got a bit addicted to readings around 15 years ago over a situation and I found tarot cards could generalise any situation.

One scenario was: "I've got the empress card. You or someone around you is going to get pregnant, but it can also mean maternal and caring, you're a caring person". It's so general and could be applied in many ways and that's with all of the cards. I've found readings without cards more accurate for sure.

I asked one medium who was using cards if me and someone would reconnect and she shuffled and one of the cards laid down was gloomy and so she said no because of what the card says.. It's just pretty cards with pictures on them, whatever cards you get are a lucky or unlucky pick like a card game.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
Itā€™s not something I believe in but itā€™s because I am very sceptical about them.
My dosey MIL raves about them ā€˜all they know is my nameā€™ she says... except everything the medium then proceeds to tell her you could find out from her Facebook by searching her namešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

KateESJ

VIP Member
But you've just made a thread about signs from the afterlife, so you must believe some how?
Not really. I wish I did. That sign took me by surprise and I think it meant something but I donā€™t necessarily think it was from him specifically. I donā€™t believe heā€™s living it up somewhere beautiful, I think heā€™s gone.
I wish I didnā€™t think that. I wish I could have faith and believe that heā€™s somewhere better and that heā€™s happier and healthier than he was on earth. Iā€™ve tried to make myself believe.

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
I have seen derek acorah, steven Holbrook and tony stockwell live, the most believable was tony stockwell as when he wasn't picking anything up he just said so, derek was a nice man and was collecting for pathfinder dogs and after seeing Stephen Holbrook twice I realised he was telling the same stories at every show, also he shouts over the top of people when he is wrong to cover it up