Experiences with a medium? do you believe in them?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering what others think of mediums...or if you have been told stuff and its ended up happening.

I went to one a few years ago I was thinking before I went it will turn out a load of rubbish or they wont be able to read me.
So I go see this woman and she tells me there is some people coming threw from the other side.
she describes a man and gives me a name William (bill).I'm totally baffled thinking I dont know anyone called that name she says its someone to do with your grandad.

few weeks later I go to my dads sister (my auntie)theres a man who looks familiar on a photo in her living room but I'm not sure who he is so I ask is his name bill,my auntie said yes it's your grandads brother.i grew up not knowing my dads side of the family so i wouldn't of known who he was.

she also said theres a little girl who 7 and she stands with you and she knows you love her so much and it wasn't your fault you need to stop blaming yourself,I'd lost a baby years earlier and she would of been 7 I'd always blamed myself (as you can imagine I was in bits at this point)

She also said I'd hold two keys and move house,at the time I thought it was rubbish as I'd just moved 18 months before well I ended up moving and holding my old keys and my new keys for a few days.

She said I'd go threw a court case but it would turn out ok and not to worry last year i went threw a court case never saw it coming and i walked away and this year it's all turned out ok from that case.

There was other things too but more personal.

anyone else have any storys the good the bad the ugly x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I do believe in mediumship and psychics because I've had some good readings in the past, but it's hard to trust them because so many come out with barnum statements and it's easy to search your info up on social media these days.

One good example I'd say is when I was at my first year at college, the teacher was really unpleasant towards me and others and was very crap at teaching. My mum never believed me and defended her alot, thinking I was playing up and I was really frustated. When I went to this medium with my mum, she picked up and mentioned the college teacher and how she isn't fit to work there and isn't a very pleasant person, that she should be sacked.

Well a couple of months later in the new college term I didn't continue with that course but she was indeed sacked because she was so poor at her job that people complained and she got the sack. Karma I'd say.

That may just be coincidence but I have had some great readings with mediums and seen other's faces drop when receiving messages.

Reactions: 3
I used to and had a LOT of readings over the years with wildly varying accuracy.

But then I watched Derren Brown on psychics and mediums and felt like a complete idiot.

Bunch of shysters, the whole lot of them.

Reactions: 12
I had a medium tell a family member in America how someone in my family would die.

American family twit rang my xxxx up very upset, she wanted to contact her just incase she’d like to know how she was going to die 😂
They’d hardly spoken before that. They’re great friends now. We’re yet to know if it’s true thankfully.

couldn’t make my family up at times.

Reactions: 4
I went to a medium after my uncle died ( he was a surrogate dad to me )
Did not know this man , never met all he had was my name .
When I walked in he immediately told me my dad was with me and hasn't left me since the day he died ( I was 2 when my actual dad died , he took his own life) . He told me that he was sorry he lefy me how he did , and it wasn't my fault but he will always be with me .
He picked up on two babies , I had , had two miscarriages but he insisted it wasn't seperate pregnancies it was twins. The last one I lost I was convinced it had been twins but there was no way of ever knowing for sure.
He told me a name , Michael . My uncle had Michael in his name but also his estranged son was called Michael. He said that your uncle wants to you say sorry to Michael for him. Michael had followed his dad's footsteps into the military but had gotten into drugs and got kicked out . My uncle tried and tried to keep him in , I assume this message was because he felt he didn't do enough for him .
He picked up on lots of things , from my husband at the time being a twit 😂 , to my mum being difficult.
The last time I went to him , he actually said to me you don't need to come to me , you know they're all with you and I'm only telling you what you already know ! I haven't had the urge to go since but I wouldn't go to anyone else

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve had two different readings by two different psychics who were accurate in every single way and knew things about me and life that not even my closest of friends or family knew of. that being said, I do think some are cons- will search social media and probe/ guess but I genuinely believe both of mine had the abilities.. I had no reason to question otherwise when they knew so much! We tend to go to seek out these things when we are most vulnerable or things are uncertain but I’ve always found it comforting.

The one time I went with friends it was a load of complete and utter bollocks - she tried giving similar stories for each of us and was clearly fishing for info to make her seem more genuine. It's a shame, as I had gone into it with a clear and open mind.

For example, she said to my friend she would have three children (My friend can't have children, she doesn't have any eggs so it's an impossibility) and when my friend said this wasn't possible she insisted she would birth three children, it would definitely happen and they would be hers etc not adoption. Suffice to say that screwed her up as not having children is something she's still not fully come to terms with, so that woman did a lot of damage to her for some time with that senseless comment.

My other friend she said had already met the love of her life and they would be together and happy (She was being used by her ex for sex, she was hoping he would want something more again and she was head over heels for him) he's now engaged to someone else, and guess what? She's still not over him since she's been told they are meant to be together and thinks he will eventually realise she's the one for him.

As for myself, her "messages" were bollocks. She tried saying she was in contact with my grandfather then grandmother and guessing popular names for that age (joke was on her as the are all still alive) the only person close to me who died is my dad but obviously that never got mentioned as she was hedging her bets saying a grandparent. She was fishing for information but on account of my condition she couldn't read me to get any (I have autism so naturally my face doesn't emote much, hence her trouble) then she started getting nasty. Saying stuff about me being depressed, that my life was miserable, that the person I was dating would betray me and it wouldn't last etc, we would soon split.

I'd just started dating someone new two and a half months earlier after an abusive relationship and guess what? Nearly 5 years later we are still together and more importantly, HAPPY. I couldn't imagine life without him and he's never done me wrong, he's the most caring, loving man I could wish for, nothing like what she tried tod say he was.

After that experience I don't think I'd go to see anyone like that again. If I'd listened to her I could have sabotaged what I had with him.

Do I think genuine ones are out there? I hope so, but I also think there are a lot of scammers, and as such it's important to be careful who you go to.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I used to be quite intuitive as a teenager so I got into fortune telling, mainly reading coffee sediment (Turkish coffee), cards and doing people’s horoscopes. It started as fun among friends but I became so eerily accurate that after a while I was having adults lining up for a reading. It was weird because I didn’t feel like I knew anything about them, I was just interpreting what I was seeing and was right time and again. But I had a cousin who was deeply into Tarot who warned me against accepting any money for it, apparently it was really bad luck, so after a while it stopped being sustainable, it was taking a lot if my time and energy for basically no reward, so I got fed up of it and stopped. Years later when I was in a very difficult situation I went to a Tarot reader who was a PhD candidate in psychology and was reading cards for a bit of extra cash, and she was brilliant, using cards to deliver a bit of much needed counselling. I don’t think she was a “seer” just intuitive and kind, she did pick up on my issues without me telling her anything, but they were typical issues someone like me might have so it didn’t feel supernatural. Otherwise, I never let people read my future, 99% chance is they are charlatans, and those who aren’t I’d have to trust before I let them tell me things that might mess me up so much, they become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

@SisterBliss do you mind explaining a little what Tarot cards reading really is?
Because I went to a tarot card reader 1 year back when I was in a really sad place about my job and I thought it might read my future and give me like it's going to improve or not or something. (since obviously no cards reading is ever going to tell you exactly the future..) but all I received was probably just the guy reading my body language and my answers to his smart questions.
🤔

@boredjess : Sure! Tarot just like any other divination method is just a tool to help us channel our intuition. Different people get on with different things, some read cards, others runes, tea leaves, crystal ball, horoscopes etc. Tarot is, imo one of the most difficult methods to master because there is so much info contained in the cards that you have to be selective with what you talk about, you need to be able to see the whole picture that’s when cards are most accurate and helpful. Also there are so many different decks now, and every new iteration tries to be original and different and you can end up with frankly decks that are utter nonsense. But Raider Waite is the classic deck that most people use, and is imo the most helpful. There’s also Toth Tarot deck produced by Alister Crowley and his followers (this is based in 19th century mysticism) which is intensely Jungian and archetypal and some very good readers will swear by it, but it’s almost impenetrable to most. So those two, and others that are based heavily on them, are the ones to look out for. As for the reading, it’s about formulating the question clearly in your head, and then, depending on the reading type (you have different spreads, using different number of cards that you pick, in different formation) but broadly, it should explore where you were with regards to the issue at hand, where you are right now, and where you will be, your hopes and fears, people around you, obstacles, best course of action etc. At it’s simplest you can just do three cards - past, present and future - but it can get a lot more detailed than this. Tarot cards are very hard to master, to remember the meanings, and the reverse meanings, combinations and for it to become so natural that you no longer focus on the cards but when you are reading, you see the story unfold. The quality of reading also depends on the question. Often people will be preoccupied with something but will want a reading for something else, and cards have a knack of reading what you are truly preoccupied with, so the readings you get might not be the readings you were hoping for, this is why the reader should explain to the client how things work and advise them to be honest and focus on things that really come to mind, rather than suppressing and pushing away things they don’t want to think about.

• Wow
I haven’t had a personal reading before, but I went with my mum a few years ago to see Lisa Williams Live.
I was always a sceptic before I saw her, and now I wonder how the bloody hell she does it!

My mum had changed the pictures in my grandmothers (dead 6 years) locket the day before and put pictures of her other grandkids in...my grandmother “came through” and said she’d better change the pictures back.
Also brought up the fact my mums old school friend had been murdered. Everyone thought that but the coroner closed it as a heart attack and wouldn’t do toxicology. He was actually poisoned by his ex gf.
She even got his first and sirname correct.

Safe to say I was shitting it all the way through. 😂

• Wow
I went to see a medium at a public demonstration. Never seen the bloke before in my life, you paid on the door and he had absolutely no idea I even existed prior to the evening let alone knew my name/social media etc.

I went with an open mind expecting nothing. He came to me first saying there was a lady standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders (scared or what 🙃)

Turned out it was my Nan, he relayed things that he could NEVER have known + they were random things that could only be applicable to me - he said about a message I'd written in a friend's Birthday card the night before, specific things about my garden / home etc etc. It was scarily accurate but very comforting too !

I've been a few times since with other friends + they've had people come through and he was v accurate there too !

Reactions: 8
I paid £5.00 at a Christmas fair last month for a 15 minute taster session with a medium who was also reading tarot cards. So wasn’t expecting much.

I lost my father in law this summer, It was a form of very aggressive cancer that took him so suddenly and quickly we didn’t even get a diagnosis until after he died. I didn’t mention any of this to her.

towards the end of the session I said I had recently lost someone and I didn’t know how long I should wait until I pay to speak to a medium. Without hesitation she said ‘I know, he’s been stood here the whole time’ I was so shocked, I hadn’t even let on it was a male. She then went on to say that he was angry because he didn’t have chance to say goodbye and he thought he should have had longer, and described all his symptoms and even told me something I said to him when he passed.

there’s no way she could have know this! However I have heard some awful stories where people have said the most ridiculous things, for example my friend recently paid £30 for a reading and the lady told her that King Richard the third of England was sat next to her and wanted to thank her for naming her business after him. Hahaha! She had booked the reading with her work email address so pretty obvious where the lady had picked it up from.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
These people are very good at what they do. And what they do is read you and your body language and are able to extract information from you without you even realising it.

I am quite a spiritual person and I do believe in some sort of afterlife, I so wanted to believe that psychics and mediums were real for years. I’ve been to 4 or 5 different psychics and mediums, one on whom is very well spoken of in my area. Sorry but I don’t believe they’re real.

Reactions: 5
They’re something I wish was real. But I don’t think they are. I don’t even believe in the afterlife as much as I wish I did.

My ex MIL offered to pay for me to see one to see if I could contact my son in any way (even though she knew I didn’t believe it). Honestly I was tempted because I was desperate then I realised that they must make a lot of money from people who are desperate and grieving for someone they love.

So yeah. Personally I don’t believe it. I think they’re talented con artists. But like I said I’d love to believe otherwise.

I think they're vultures who prey on vulnerable people who are lonely and/or grieving to make a few quid. Just watching Derren Brown makes me even more certain they're a con. His shows are incredible but really show the power of the mind.

They’re something I wish was real. But I don’t think they are. I don’t even believe in the afterlife as much as I wish I did.

My ex MIL offered to pay for me to see one to see if I could contact my son in any way (even though she knew I didn’t believe it). Honestly I was tempted because I was desperate then I realised that they must make a lot of money from people who are desperate and grieving for someone they love.

So yeah. Personally I don’t believe it. I think they’re talented con artists. But like I said I’d love to believe otherwise.
But you've just made a thread about signs from the afterlife, so you must believe some how?

My experience of tarot is actually the opposite to what's been said on here. I stupidly got a bit addicted to readings around 15 years ago over a situation and I found tarot cards could generalise any situation.

One scenario was: "I've got the empress card. You or someone around you is going to get pregnant, but it can also mean maternal and caring, you're a caring person". It's so general and could be applied in many ways and that's with all of the cards. I've found readings without cards more accurate for sure.

I asked one medium who was using cards if me and someone would reconnect and she shuffled and one of the cards laid down was gloomy and so she said no because of what the card says.. It's just pretty cards with pictures on them, whatever cards you get are a lucky or unlucky pick like a card game.

Reactions: 2
But you've just made a thread about signs from the afterlife, so you must believe some how?
Not really. I wish I did. That sign took me by surprise and I think it meant something but I don’t necessarily think it was from him specifically. I don’t believe he’s living it up somewhere beautiful, I think he’s gone.
I wish I didn’t think that. I wish I could have faith and believe that he’s somewhere better and that he’s happier and healthier than he was on earth. I’ve tried to make myself believe.

Reactions: 2
I've been to two public medium nights, i won a private reading at the first one and she couldn't of been more wrong, listening to the other people who also had private readings, she basically rehashed the same story for us all!
The second one was adamant she had some one who wanted to come through to me but I had no idea who she was on about, but her team member came up to me whilst I was waiting for my friend and said "I'm really sorry I keep staring at you but there's some one who wants to speak to you, she doesn't like the host medium says she's full pokum" and then proceeded to list all this information off about my great aunt, who we had lost the year before who wanted to get message sent to my nan, her sister! Pokum was one of her sayings, 100% convinced after that!