Experiences with a medium? do you believe in them?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to one many years ago. She was recommended by a friend. She was very accurate. She asked for something if mine to hold and I gave her a ring I wore all the time. She ended up ‘talking’ to one if my grandmothers,
- I initially thought it was the one who had recently died but it wasn’t. It was my maternal grandmother who had died when I was four but who I adored. She relayed things from my grandmother to me about my mother, who had the same illness that her husband, my grandfather had. I truly felt that she was talking to me. It was very spooky.

Reactions: 2
I saw Sally Morgan live and she was bleeping awful. Didn’t get one thing right about one person and never gave enough detail to be accurate. All her questions were leading and everyone had a common name that she could guess 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I saw Sally Morgan live and she was bleeping awful. Didn’t get one thing right about one person and never gave enough detail to be accurate. All her questions were leading and everyone had a common name that she could guess 🙄.
I’m sure it was her I read a story about l, at her shows there were ‘audience members’ mingling with the rest before the show getting them to chat about themselves and reporting back lol.

Reactions: 4
I saw one when I was on holiday in Salem, MA and she was the biggest fraud going. She clearly clocked my tourist camera as she “sensed” a journey in my future 🙄 and ended up telling me my Dad was going to die (I mean duh, he’s human, we all die) and that I should take time to repair anything from the past with him (such generic advice). She also said that my work were going to make a clerical error and gift me a second company car which they’d allow me to keep. That was four years ago, my Dad is still alive and I’m still waiting on a second car.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I saw a medium about 6 months ago. A friend booked it and the guy had no idea who was turning up apart from her. He was spot on with everything, my gramp came through and the stuff the guy told me was amazing. He did my gramps mannerisms. Told me about things going on currently in my life, that no one knew and knew exactly how my gramp died. Throughout the whole reading the medium didn’t even know who this gentleman was to me just that he was there. I 100% believe but also there are a lot of scammers

Reactions: 6
I went to see a medium in July with my niece and two of my friends. She told my niece that she was going to be having a baby girl in the summer. We laughed about it as my niece was only 17 and could not have been more anti-men if she tried! How wrong we were!... Her baby girl is due in June :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I personally would never go and see one purely because I don't want to know what's going to happen to me but I have lots of friends who have been. Some were very accurate and even knew names of people who were still alive. My SiL was told she would move house and that it would have a specific number in and so when they were looking at houses she saw one that had this number in and said the Medium had said about it so they bought it! I do think it can make things happen for some people because they've told them it's going to.
Another friend had a boy and was told her next baby would be a girl...it was a boy!
Another friend was also told the wrong sex of her baby. I mean it's 50/50 isn't it?!

I did know a fella who told everyone he was a Medium but I used to say to him 'don't tell me anything' but he would. It really annoyed me. He told me the name of a woman who 'walks with me' but the only person I knew with that name was my boss's wife who had died and so I don't know why she would be walking with me?! It was an 'old' name. He also said that all the dead people stand around outside his living room window wanting him to pass messages on! He then said his 4 year old daughter had the gift and she sat up in bed one night and started talking but it was his dead sisters voice coming out of her! It used to creep me out!

I personally would never go and see one purely because I don't want to know what's going to happen to me but I have lots of friends who have been. Some were very accurate and even knew names of people who were still alive. My SiL was told she would move house and that it would have a specific number in and so when they were looking at houses she saw one that had this number in and said the Medium had said about it so they bought it! I do think it can make things happen for some people because they've told them it's going to.
Another friend had a boy and was told her next baby would be a girl...it was a boy!
Another friend was also told the wrong sex of her baby. I mean it's 50/50 isn't it?!

I did know a fella who told everyone he was a Medium but I used to say to him 'don't tell me anything' but he would. It really annoyed me. He told me the name of a woman who 'walks with me' but the only person I knew with that name was my boss's wife who had died and so I don't know why she would be walking with me?! It was an 'old' name. He also said that all the dead people stand around outside his living room window wanting him to pass messages on! He then said his 4 year old daughter had the gift and she sat up in bed one night and started talking but it was his dead sisters voice coming out of her! It used to creep me out!
Bloody hell.
Woulda put his daughter in the bin - all of her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't believe in it but I can't deny I had a spooky medium experience.
A dear friend committed suicide and I grieved badly. Her boyfriend always said he was a medium (though didn't do it by profession) and felt he was connected with her when she passed.
One day I just fell apart- on the floor sobbing and saying aloud "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'll bet you hate me now because I didn't save you" (I felt tremendous guilt about her suicide- as all loved ones do- and I felt I could have prevented it somehow).
A moment later (and I mean literally a moment later) as I'm still sobbing, her boyfriend rings me to say he just got a message from her to me, saying: "It's okay, it's not your fault, I love you."
:oops:
Had he not called me that exact moment, as though she heard me and responded, I would have dismissed it. But until this day, when I remember it... I get goosebumps. It was like she was right there talking to me. Freaked me the hell out.

I still don't believe in mediums, though. I've watched too much Derren Brown growing up not to know better. He really has done the world a service by uncovering the processes behind so many of these scams. I can't explain that specific experience of mine, though.

Reactions: 3
My dad passed away a few years ago now and a couple of months later my mum and sister went to see a medium on stage. Halfway through the show he channelled my dad, he said he had excruciating pain in his leg, my dad had nearly lost his leg years earlier and had lived in pain with it ever since, the medium pointed to where it was most painful which was the exact spot my dad had a hole in the bone. He said he couldn't repeat the words being used, my dad swore, a lot. He complained that we had thrown away a carpet that had cost a small fortune, which we had and he also said that he was sorry that the one born in July wasn't there to say goodbye, my niece was in Australia. He also said he was sorry that he didn't tell us how poorly he was, my dad was poorly for about two years before he died. He also mentioned my brother by name. He also said other things which applied to my dad and our family. There were too many things for the medium to be faking it. Also, my great grandmother had a gift, she knew when things were happening even if she wasn't present. One example was my dad fell Ill, my great grandmother rushed to my nana to tell her she needed to get to the local hospital as my dad was in grave danger. My dad was admitted into hospital at the same time with a burst appendix in the nearest city. There is no way my great grandmother could have been informed as she had no telephone, this was early 60s. There are lots of other examples of her knowing things too, she knew when my uncle had been playing with a ouija board and she went crazy at him for messing with things he couldn't control.

Reactions: 9
My mum saw one a few years ago. Made contact with her dad and a couple of other family members. Also was told things about her future (going to meet someone new - but someone you used to know, he lives opposite u but u don’t know it etc etc) so quite precise things, my mum had the reading taped but kind of made herself forget about it all as she didn’t believe it. Wasn’t until she was about 6 months into her new relationship (who was an old friend!) and he did indeed live opposite us that she remembered she had the tape, listened to it and she was amazed!! There was other stuff too but i can’t remember now but I 100% believe in it although there’s always going to be con artists out there.

I have seen derek acorah, steven Holbrook and tony stockwell live, the most believable was tony stockwell as when he wasn't picking anything up he just said so, derek was a nice man and was collecting for pathfinder dogs and after seeing Stephen Holbrook twice I realised he was telling the same stories at every show, also he shouts over the top of people when he is wrong to cover it up

I was always so skeptical about this sort of things in till my aunty took me to see a medium, it wasn't very long after my Mum passed away so as you can imagine I was so desperate for her to come through, mainly as I was grieving and not in very good place so I thought hearing words off her might heal me, it never happened but I kept returning in till one day she came through and I just sat and cried (took a good 2/4 years for this to happen) I kept asking why it took so long but they say people don't always come through in spirit straight away.

I left it for a bit then went to see another one this time it was a private reading and she pretty much predicted my future, low and behold a couple of years later it came true.

So I went to see the same lady and she told me a man had come through, I racked my brains for ages trying to figure out who it was, till this day I'm still unsure.

I think with these sorts of things it can be comforting and reassuring knowing your loved ones are in a safe place but also sometimes you come out of there more confused then ever. Nether the less I'd go back again (haven't been for quite some time).

some people say that the non famous mediums are the better ones.

I’m sure it was her I read a story about l, at her shows there were ‘audience members’ mingling with the rest before the show getting them to chat about themselves and reporting back lol.
she has said very distasteful things at her shows to people whos children have passed away, and putting on stupid voices, if that had been me I would have been furious, cant stand her because of that , very insensitive. apparently if you book by credit card they can find out details, don't know if that's 100 percent but I did read it somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I went to see a medium September 2018. She told me it was my granny visiting me. Firstly she said to tell my dad ( her son) to go to the doctors about his right ear. He’ll ignore this and it’ll get worse. That evening I asked my dad if his ear was sore. He said yes. He’d had an ongoing cold but it was going now and he was fine. I told him the message. He said it had gone now. Several weeks later he was at the docs with a horrendous ear infection that took him weeks to get over.
Then she told me my husband’s navy blue car had an electrical fault and he’s been trying to fix it for weeks ( also true no). She told me I had the spirit of a black and white cat around me called Jessie. I work with animals and sure enough had taken this animal to the vets to be pts.
She said my son was doing great at nursery despite my concerns ( I hadn’t told anyone my thoughts) and he was going to make friends with a little boy who had long, wavy hair. The very next day my husband came home and said our son had made a new friend who ‘ looked like a girl. ‘ I logged into my son’s tapestry and there was a pic of the back of this child’s head - long , wavy, blonde locks - playing with my child. She also told me that week he’d been learning about space ( he had ) and was loving it. She described his personality in detail, all correct. She knew I’d been in an awful relationship before my husband ( emotionally abusive) and that another time a man had ‘ forced himself on me.’ Again, this was true, I got jumped on in a hotel but thankfully I managed to get away. Only my husband knew this, I never reported it. Then she said you’ve been thinking about having more children. Again, no one knew this. She said don’t leave it too late. You need to decide soon. You don’t want too big an age gap. To my best friend she told her that my husband and I would go through a rough patch and I’d need her loads. Best friend laughed this off as my husband and I are very solid. The following year I suffered a miscarriage with lots of complications that meant I was in and out of hospital. It put a strain on my relationship and also meant we were told not to try for another pregnancy for at least six months. The psychic had told me that ‘ there’s a little girl waiting. If you want her, she’s there.’ Well I’m now 14 weeks pregnant and through that year the only thing that kept me positive was this psychics words above, trusting that it would happen as everything else had. I don’t know the sex of my baby but I’m pretty sure she is a girl. It’ll be the last thing to come true. I can’t thank this woman enough. 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I think there are people who genuinely have 'psychic' abilities, but they are few and far between.
My friend's grandmother is one of those people and she's predicted or spoken about things that have happened that she couldn't possibly know about, e.g. she already knew a friend had died before anyone knew.
From personal experience, I only think Runes and astrology are a quasi-reliable form of divination.

I went to one in 2011. He didn't call himself a medium but that is what he was. He talked about my aura, told me that kids and animals feel drawn to me. He told me I needed to watch my sugar and carb intake as he can sense me developing diabetes in the future (my mum is diabetic). He told me that my husband is my soulmate even if he drives me crazy and asked if I had any questions. I wanted to know if we would have another baby. We had been trying for a while and even tried fertility drugs with no success. He said if I wanted another baby I would get pregnant the following year between Jan-July. I thought ok now I know he is full of it because we have been trying and it is not happening.
Guess who got pregnant in February the following year. He is 7 now and I still can't believe we were able to have another baby after trying for 6 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went to one in 2011. He didn't call himself a medium but that is what he was. He talked about my aura, told me that kids and animals feel drawn to me. He told me I needed to watch my sugar and carb intake as he can sense me developing diabetes in the future (my mum is diabetic). He told me that my husband is my soulmate even if he drives me crazy and asked if I had any questions. I wanted to know if we would have another baby. We had been trying for a while and even tried fertility drugs with no success. He said if I wanted another baby I would get pregnant the following year between Jan-July. I thought ok now I know he is full of it because we have been trying and it is not happening.
Guess who got pregnant in February the following year. He is 7 now and I still can't believe we were able to have another baby after trying for 6 years.
I can see why you’d believe him, but when you look at it objectively the things said to you could be applied to anyone really. You were most likely looking for some comforting words at that time when you thought you couldn’t conceive and you wanted to believe him. I’ve been in the same position where I badly wanted and needed guidance so really wanted to believe the things these people say, but logic eventually kicks in and I know they’re are just reading your body language and going off your reactions to their probing questions. Xx

Reactions: 1
I went to one just a few weeks ago with my husband who is very anti readings, mediums etc. The first thing she said to my husband was, I know you don’t believe but ”papa” is here and he presents you with a bible and is stood next to his daughter “she has been finally found” ( so my husbands Granda was a minister and his daughter had been missing for 35 years with no idea if she was alive or not). She then turns to me and sings a song, (this song is not well known and it was played at my fathers funeral) she said your dad is saying happy birthday but it’s not your birthday (it was his) at this point we were both like yeah ok.
she then provided some insane details about the flat we just moved into, we had an issue with the built in wardrobe and she suggest we paint it, which we were going to do the next day, she then spoke about our fertility and how we need to make intimacy fun again that our time would come after seeing a geneticist, I have that appointment next week.
she mentioned my mum who is still here and how I need to manage her finances take her to drs sort out power attorney etc. My mums just been diagnosed with dementia
lastly she said you know, you can do this. You have this gift use it, use your dreams. I would say my dreams are vivid and I do tend to dream about the future, also when I’m in crowded places or work I get the urge to tell people things, and so far everything has been right.

Reactions: 5